K1000 + BAT VK 300x SE
Jul 2, 2007 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
I have boght this integrate for my speakers (ProAc Response one SC), and I'm still using the Air tight for the K1000... but after some intensive tests, I find the BAT better also with the K1000, this I can adfirm but only using the NOS 6h30 super tube, that are much better the the Sovtek (6h30 in stock with the amp). The BAt is the Special Edition and now full burn in.

The result is a better bass, a more dinamic sound. The med bass is outclass, not the same with 300B tubes. The med are also fantastic nothing less than any 300B I have listened. The amp is totaly silent at any volume level. Not the same with 300B tubes...

I think that the K1000 love A LOT hybrid solution in amplification, yes, I know... it is a matter of tastes... but with this BAT integrate the K1000 give their best, IMHO!

Best!
Nicola

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 36
I have a lot of experience with the BAT. And I can confirm, its one hell of an amp. I personally believe that its the best integrated on the market. Certainly better than anything else I've heard.

Nice setup!

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 36
bania2.jpg

"The best, Jerry! The best!"

Jul 5, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #7 of 36
Nik,
On 1/11/07, you compared the BAT Special Edition integrated amp with your Air Tight in their ability to drive the K1000s.
You said that the BAT was very good - but much inferior to the Air Tight.

Quote:
".... I have tried the BAT integrated Special Edition full balanced (with Shunyata Antares interconnect xlr) with 6h30 tubes, 150 watts !!! Very good...
(The Air Tight atm-300 8 watt with WE 300B is much better !!!)"

Now you find the BAT amp ahead of the Air Tight.
Is the change in your evaluation due to your change to the NOS 6h30 super tube in the BAT amp?

Jul 6, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by haarvi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nik,
On 1/11/07, you compared the BAT Special Edition integrated amp with your Air Tight in their ability to drive the K1000s.
You said that the BAT was very good - but much inferior to the Air Tight.

Quote:
".... I have tried the BAT integrated Special Edition full balanced (with Shunyata Antares interconnect xlr) with 6h30 tubes, 150 watts !!! Very good...
(The Air Tight atm-300 8 watt with WE 300B is much better !!!)"

Now you find the BAT amp ahead of the Air Tight.
Is the change in your evaluation due to your change to the NOS 6h30 super tube in the BAT amp?

First point is the NOS 6h30 tubes, yes! Second is the burn in of the K1000 and Anaconda power cords. But the NOS 6h30 do all the differences respect to my first impression-comparison between the Air Tight and the BAT. In that time I have just compared, now I have both the amps and my test is more intensive.

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #9 of 36
Gotta wonder who wins the Zanden or the BAT.

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #10 of 36
yea, that's what I'm wondering too...

-does tube pre into SS power amp count as "hybrid amplification?"

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif

or maybe the woo 5....

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea, that's what I'm wondering too...

-does tube pre into SS power amp count as "hybrid amplification?"

Yeah: the first gain stage is tube, the second stage is SS.

Jul 6, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #13 of 36
Woo 5 isn't remotely in the Zanden's league ;p It can be placed one tier below along with the Moth which I'd place a tier or perhaps only a half a tier above the Firstwatt/Aelph.

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm obviously a little biased....... see sig.
But then again, I wouldnt have gone all the way to my current system if it werent for the impression I had from the BAT integrated first!

300x rules!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #15 of 36
You really don't need that much power for the K1000s: 150w into 8ohms is kind of overkill. I'd rather have a lower-powered amp that runs in Class-A instead of AB and use very little to preferably no feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back