K1000 + BAT VK 300x SE
Jul 8, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you post a pic please of the modded screen
k1000smile.gif

Will do when I get home next week.

James from Stefan Audio Arts was actually the first one that mentioned it to me during the international meet...he's another person to ask for anyone interested in this mod.

Jul 8, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #32 of 36
With the 300b amps, at least when I demoed the air tight and from my experiences with the zanden, the sound is not always necessarily warm and lush just because they're tube amps.
The other tubes (drivers and rectifiers) made large differences in terms of warmth, detail, and noise so the sound can be adjusted according to personal tastes which IMO is another very nice plus over SS amps.

Jul 8, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #33 of 36
The BAT VK300x SE sure is a beautiful amplifier!
Great to know that its a perfect match for the K1000, in case I ever get my hands on one

Jul 8, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by foo_me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the 300b amps, at least when I demoed the air tight and from my experiences with the zanden, the sound is not always necessarily warm and lush just because they're tube amps.
The other tubes (drivers and rectifiers) made large differences in terms of warmth, detail, and noise so the sound can be adjusted according to personal tastes which IMO is another very nice plus over SS amps.

Yes, I also had differents 300B SE amps (Cary, Air Tight...) and they sound different. The Cary, for example, is the most warm and lush... (output transformers do the difference).

The WE 300B sound different respect to AVVT or Sophia or Tesla tubes, but IMO, the 300B is always a 300B, and I find this beautiful tube warm and lush. Not the same for the NOS 6h30 super tube.

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #35 of 36
After a lot of intensive comparison with the two amps (Air tight and BAT and using the speakers as reference), it's hard to declare if one is "better" for the K1000. They are different, it's a matter of taste. If you love a more relaxed and "musical involving" sound you go for the Air Tight, or any other good 300B amp, if you want a more "monitor sound", go for a hybrid amp as the BAT. (Hard to stop listening when the Air Tight is connected to the K1000, this is sure... this is the best headphone setup ever, IMHO).
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back