K1000 a 3-part question....
Nov 18, 2010 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DavidMahler

Headphoneus Supremus
I've begun noticing a few little dent-like drifts in the grills of my k1000.  These are very minor, but I'd like to be able to remove the grills and make them go back to perfect configuration.

So my questions are:

1. What is the correct way to remove these grills?

2. Since I don't have the adhesive / glue which come with the K1000, am I going to be causing more problems if I remove the grills, even if I do it correctly and carefully?

3. Is there anyone in the New York City area with a known reputation for properly tweaking and handling K1000s?  I can send it off to a few different people, but since this repair is purely cosmetic and so minor, I'd rather do it on sight where I can just drop it off and retrieve it same-day.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I've begun noticing a few little dent-like drifts in the grills of my k1000.  These are very minor, but I'd like to be able to remove the grills and make them go back to perfect configuration.

So my questions are:

1. What is the correct way to remove these grills?

2. Since I don't have the adhesive / glue which come with the K1000, am I going to be causing more problems if I remove the grills, even if I do it correctly and carefully?

3. Is there anyone in the New York City area with a known reputation for properly tweaking and handling K1000s?  I can send it off to a few different people, but since this repair is purely cosmetic and so minor, I'd rather do it on sight where I can just drop it off and retrieve it same-day.

Thanks in advance!

Were'nt you offering $1600 for a perfect, low sn pair?

1. Two screws hold the frame around the grilles, the glue will make it a challenge when pulling apart.
2. Not really the black frame clamps around the outer edges of the grills, be careful you don't bend the black aluminum frame too much
3. If your glue is in tact and perfect I'd probably leave it if it wasn't too bad, maybe you can thread a string through the holes and "pull" the grill back in place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back