JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Aug 16, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #1,621 of 1,936
can anyone here compare the sound of the 60 from the 80? I took the plunge on buying the 60 (FRD version though) since there was  a new one posted on Ebay, and got it for only $21.50 including shipping.
biggrin.gif

also, is the 60 better than MH1c? If yes, in what regards? Thanks!

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #1,623 of 1,936
Quote:
i thinking of getting the FXD80 but a little worried of the fit...
has anyone encountered fit issues with the handle/strain relief?

These don't go deep enough for the rubber pieces to touch your ear. Personally, I find these seal easier than any IEM I've ever used. I literally just put them in my ear and they seal completely, I don't own any other earphones that do that. My friend who owns them feels the same way (he uses smalls and I use mediums).

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #1,625 of 1,936
Quote:
can anyone here compare the sound of the 60 from the 80? I took the plunge on buying the 60 (FRD version though) since there was  a new one posted on Ebay, and got it for only $21.50 including shipping.
biggrin.gif

also, is the 60 better than MH1c? If yes, in what regards? Thanks!

The FX/FRD 60 and the MH1C are kind of difficult to compare as they have very different sound sigs.

The 60 is a V-shaped signature and probably has more absolute detail in the mids/highs but can be a little harsh (not nearly as bad as earlier JVC microdrivers, though).  They can also sound a bit cold.  The harshness will probably even out a little bit with time.

The MH1C has better (WAY better) bass extension and is smoother but doesn't have the clarity of the 60s.

The 60 is way, way more usable even with the bigger nozzles.  Better built and way better cable.  Both isolate to about the same degree.

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #1,626 of 1,936
Quote:

The FX/FRD 60 and the MH1C are kind of difficult to compare as they have very different sound sigs.

The 60 is a V-shaped signature and probably has more absolute detail in the mids/highs but can be a little harsh (not nearly as bad as earlier JVC microdrivers, though).  They can also sound a bit cold.  The harshness will probably even out a little bit with time.

The MH1C has better (WAY better) bass extension and is smoother but doesn't have the clarity of the 60s.

The 60 is way, way more usable even with the bigger nozzles.  Better built and way better cable.  Both isolate to about the same degree.

I can't comment on the 60s, but for the 80s the cold and harsh sound is definitely tamed with burn in. They were almost un-listenable to me at a point because the sound was so cold.

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #1,630 of 1,936
Tempted by these, but I already have a pair of FXT90's... what should I do?

Stick with the FXT90. The FXD80 is more exciting at first but it's a lot less accurate. It's basically a more extreme V-shaped sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back