JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Oct 6, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #1,863 of 1,936
Well, I have to give the inline mic on the frd60 rave reviews. I was walking around in a windstorm for the last hour talking to my gf. She had no idea I was outside, and only noticed the occasional rubbing of the housing against my shirt. 11/10!
biggrin.gif

ahh such love. took the time too call your gf even in the middle of a windstorm.. good on ya!

Fxd70's= worst sounding phone in my collection. Tried burn in as well as eq.but its all good, I'm sure there's fans out there so I'll keep the hateraide to a minimum

really? rin choi from his blog had high praise for the fxd70s. interesting... what didn't you like about em?

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #1,865 of 1,936
really? rin choi from his blog had high praise for the fxd70s. interesting... what didn't you like about em?
[/quote]

I find them very dull sounding. They sound closed or blunted with no lively-ness to them. On their own, they can be perceived as being good, but once I compared them side by side with my collection, I was learned to they didnt have. To me, my fxc51 sound bdtter

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #1,866 of 1,936
I find them very dull sounding. They sound closed or blunted with no lively-ness to them. On their own, they can be perceived as being good, but once I compared them side by side with my collection, I was learned to they didnt have. To me, my fxc51 sound bdtter

I have two pair of the FXD70 and neither sound like that at all. If I had a few words to describe them it would be: lively, super clear, detailed, fast, open sounding. Even in a direct comparison to the Sennheiser IE800 or CK100PRO it doesn't make a fool out of themselves, except when it comes to bass compared to IE800. I would say the FXD70 have better treble timbre than the IE800 and I take the FXD70 as an allrounder over CK100PRO even though the 100PRO is technically better but fails to give a well rounded presentation to most music. 
The older FXD70 sound better than the newer FXD70. They are produced produced roughly 1 year apart with the newer one having more grain in the treble and a smaller soundstage. Still very lively.
If you find them dull you must have a broken pair or some very odd standards. 

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #1,867 of 1,936
Lol perhaps I do have an odd pair. Considering my love for JVC, I would def. Not say that its my standards or preferences. Interesting read Mr. Sweden. Thank you. I am impressed that they hold up so well yo those other two earphones. It's good to hear as I always love JVC and enjoy watching them produce amazing things that make people question their sanity Hahaha!

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #1,869 of 1,936
How does the FXD70's sound signature differ from FXD80's?
I've had the FXD70's and I loved them. Not only the sound (it could've had a bit more bass, but I found it to be great overall), but the fit, comfortability and durability most of all. (Although they broke after 1 yr & 8 mo of care-free everyday use). So, how does the FXD80 differ in sound signature, and does it differ in any other way? 

I've looked at the FXT90 too, but am a bit worried about fit and isolation (I've got pretty small ears/ear canals). 

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #1,870 of 1,936
  How does the FXD70's sound signature differ from FXD80's?
I've had the FXD70's and I loved them. Not only the sound (it could've had a bit more bass, but I found it to be great overall), but the fit, comfortability and durability most of all. (Although they broke after 1 yr & 8 mo of care-free everyday use). So, how does the FXD80 differ in sound signature, and does it differ in any other way? 

I've looked at the FXT90 too, but am a bit worried about fit and isolation (I've got pretty small ears/ear canals). 

They are very close. The FXD80 has slightly less bass impact, a bit less full in the mids and some extra sparkle up top giving slightly more air. 
FXD70 sounded more coherent. There is a reason I sold the FXD80 and have two FXD70.

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #1,872 of 1,936
Need some links to (preferably Amazon) better ear tips for my FXD 80s, still love them to death, but wouldn't mind them being more comfy, hell might even buy another since the price is only about 57$ on Amazon right now, and just use have two with different ear tips xP

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,873 of 1,936
  Need some links to (preferably Amazon) better ear tips for my FXD 80s, still love them to death, but wouldn't mind them being more comfy, hell might even buy another since the price is only about 57$ on Amazon right now, and just use have two with different ear tips xP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Earbud-Replacement-Tips-Tip-In-Ear-Earphone-Memory-Foam-SMALL-MEDIUM-LARGE-/321503010899?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item4adb12a053
These work good but I recommend that you put small thin strips of tape around the nozzle so they are put in place better. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #1,875 of 1,936
Hey people's, I have been going through some head phones and the fxd80 were my office phone as I wasnt vey happy with them as they just keep falling out secondary to being so damn heavy. Basically using comply withnthem just so they stay in. Any other suggestions? The regular sony tips I have push all the way to the opening and the bass feels weak.???

Thanks for any tips or help in advance.

Anyone still listening to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back