JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Apr 6, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #275 of 663
I just got the FX1100. It's great, but I noticed it has the same problem with harsh highs the FX850 had. Does anyone know if this gets better after burn in?

I'm tempted to replace it with the Aurisonics Kicker, because the harsh high problem honestly gives me a headache and causes me to lower the volume to levels which I can't quite enjoy the headphone quality.

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #277 of 663
Would the price for 1100 much better in Japan compare to buy it in the US? My friend is in Japan now and I can get him to buy one for me.

JVC does not sell these in the U.S. You'll save a lot of money if your friend purchased it in Japan, yes, because the price is cheaper and you won't have to pay for shipping or outrageous taxes. 

The downside is that you won't really have a warranty.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #278 of 663
  JVC does not sell these in the U.S. You'll save a lot of money if your friend purchased it in Japan, yes, because the price is cheaper and you won't have to pay for shipping or outrageous taxes. 

The downside is that you won't really have a warranty.

I take a look at the list price in Rakuten Japan and it is more than Amazon price, unless local folks know where to get them cheaper.

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #279 of 663
guyz, anyone knows what's the best/cheapest price for these right now (brand new)? I can find them for around ~440aud on ebay right now. is that in the ballpark?

Regards,

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #281 of 663
Can anyone help me I can't decide which to get fx1100 o fx850 and I'll be getting a recable as well, and I will be moding the ear piece too. As one of the thread say that a modded fx850 is better than the fx1100.

And is the fx850 cable the same material as the fx1100?

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #284 of 663
@Hamsterking
For me, I went first with FX850, loved it so much and took a leap of faith and bought FX1100. After extensive comparison, I sold FX850 because I felt FX1100 was a worthy upgrade to FX850 and never looked back.

Make sure you listen to both to decide on your own, some people do not like the signature and sold both.

The cable is different and part of the tuning that makes FX1100 so lush and organic.
I swapped cables to see the impact of the sq and felt FX850 sq improved (not by much, mind you).

If you do make up your mind to own JVC FX series, let's start with the budget and go from there.

Of course YMMV.

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #285 of 663
@Hamsterking
For me, I went first with FX850, loved it so much and took a leap of faith and bought FX1100. After extensive comparison, I sold FX850 because I felt FX1100 was a worthy upgrade to FX850 and never looked back.

Make sure you listen to both to decide on your own, some people do not like the signature and sold both.

The cable is different and part of the tuning that makes FX1100 so lush and organic.
I swapped cables to see the impact of the sq and felt FX850 sq improved (not by much, mind you).

If you do make up your mind to own JVC FX series, let's start with the budget and go from there.

Of course YMMV.

Thank you for replying.

I have tried both the FX850 and FX1100 but not at the same time, I like the FX850 because it has the SQ that I want. And when I tried the FX1100 I felt that it has more power or something but then the demo set mmcx cable got some problem that's why I'm thinking if I am getting the FX1100 I would want to get an recable, and I dont like the material for that FX1100 if something sharp touch it it will fur up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back