JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Mar 21, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #256 of 663
@james444
 and @BlinkST

Oh boy was I wrong.... Not sure if it was my ears burning-in (i.e. getting used to it) or physical driver burn-in but these sound absolutely fantastic. I sold my pair and immediately got another one. Lost about $70 from my stupid mistake of not sitting on these longer but still worth it.  

I'm happy to hear that, and I'll be on the lookout if you post any additional impressions on the thread.

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #257 of 663

@james444
 and @BlinkST

Oh boy was I wrong.... Not sure if it was my ears burning-in (i.e. getting used to it) or physical driver burn-in but these sound absolutely fantastic. I sold my pair and immediately got another one. Lost about $70 from my stupid mistake of not sitting on these longer but still worth it.  

I'm happy to hear that, and I'll be on the lookout if you post any additional impressions on the thread.

I will also be on the lookout, thinking about getting the FX1100.

cuiter23, did you find that the FX1100 "sound absolutely fantastic" modded or in stock condition?

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #258 of 663

cuiter23, did you find that the FX1100 "sound absolutely fantastic" modded or in stock condition?

Completely stock. I don't mind the bass. I even EQ'd the treble down a bit on my Walkman.

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #259 of 663

Completely stock. I don't mind the bass. I even EQ'd the treble down a bit on my Walkman.

That is what I thought.  I am a civilized extreme basshead.  That means I want a lot of bass (I add bass and treble with an equalizer to all of my headphones), but I highly resent its interference with the quality of the mids and highs.  Taming down the bass with mods, improves the sound of the mids and highs, but will end up giving me less than the desired amount of bass impact.  Also, bass does tighten up and becomes less intrusive with 500+ working hours.

Do the FX1100 have a bass impact that could be considered basshead approved? Ha ha.

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #260 of 663

That is what I thought.  I am a civilized extreme basshead.  That means I want a lot of bass (I add bass and treble with an equalizer to all of my headphones), but I highly resent its interference with the quality of the mids and highs.  Taming down the bass with mods, improves the sound of the mids and highs, but will end up giving me less than the desired amount of bass impact.  Also, bass does tighten up and becomes less intrusive with 500+ working hours.

Do the FX1100 have a bass impact that could be considered basshead approved? Ha ha.

Oh yes, for sure. The FX1100 has the most QUANTITY out of all my bassy IEMs (FX1100 > Z5 > W50) in terms of SLAM and overall quantity. The FX1100 will rattle your head lol.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #261 of 663
Please play with eartips to get maximum results. For better treble extension and smooth out the bass, try ortofon eartips or spinfits.

Try to burn it with desktop amp for faster results.

Goodluck!

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #263 of 663
After a year of daily use/abuse at work the right side MMCX cable connection on my FX-850 has become intermittent where the cable meets the connector.  Does anybody have any recommended upgrade replacements?

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #266 of 663
The JVC FX1100 is a godsend. It sounds freakin amazing with trance music. And we all know how complicated and complex most trance tracks can be... It was brand new out if the box and i've had it for about a month now. It is sooooo atmospheric and engaging, and open. I'm in my own "big" world when i put these in my ears. The bass is incredibly addicting.

...looking at your inventory, this statement of yours really makes me curious...

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #270 of 663
Hey guys I have notice a price difference between the FX1100 and FX1200, For FX1200 its HK$1980 (about SG$350 and for FX110 its 35149 YEN (about SG$426) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back