JVC HARX900 or JVC HARX700 for the Ear Force Dss... this is driving me crazy!!!
Oct 27, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #16 of 19
Hey CJ,

Would love to hear an update on the DSS after you used them for a while. If I end up purchasing the DSS it would be used with a PS3. I received my RX700. I have to admit that the bass wasn't that impressive out of the box. As they broke in though the bass cleaned up. I also did the felt removal mod which seemed to bring out the highs more. So far very happy with the RX700. Have mostly been using it to listen to music and watching Netflix Instant. They definitely made me fall in love with music again. My wife loves them too and I will probably buy her a pair. 

Oct 28, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
Hey CJ,

Would love to hear an update on the DSS after you used them for a while. If I end up purchasing the DSS it would be used with a PS3. I received my RX700. I have to admit that the bass wasn't that impressive out of the box. As they broke in though the bass cleaned up. I also did the felt removal mod which seemed to bring out the highs more. So far very happy with the RX700. Have mostly been using it to listen to music and watching Netflix Instant. They definitely made me fall in love with music again. My wife loves them too and I will probably buy her a pair. 

After playing with it with a PS3... I love the DSS!!!!

Well gotta tell you! using the DSS is like.. NO way going back to stereo
wink.gif
... One note, though they say it works with movies, I found that only games do really make good use of it (dolby headpone in DSS), I was quite disappointing at first when I tried with my pc (hardware conflict) but in the PS3... Whooohoooo!!! it was another different story... is not as the sound is coming from different speakers... how I felt it, was like all around me, hard to describe but sooo natural to locate sound sources!

In CoD MWF for the first time sound had "space" I could hear a helicopter and pinpoint it's location by sound
smily_headphones1.gif
bullets zipping by were awesome, and it was really an immensersive experience, really cool!

So if you going to use it with the ps3 I think you will go for a ride!

I'm really happy with the beyer DT 770 pro 80 + DSS (killer bass + great game positioning)

Cj

May 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #18 of 19
You should of bought the 

JVC HARX700 headphones.

I own these and they are dirt cheap about $35 and shipping included on eBay, they have a expansive sound stage, more so than any other headphones I have heard. And the bass, mids, and highs are all perfectly balanced. More balanced sound than any other headphone I have heard. I have heard and owned many headphones from Sony, Panasonic, Audio Technica etc.

In fact some people say the Panasonic RPHTF600 sound better, they do not sound better than the JVC's. Not even close......

The JVC HARX700 sound good enough to be used for studio audio mastering, and blow any Sony studio headphones out of the water. The JVC's also have a great wide and deep stereo depth to the sound, more so than any other headphones I have ever heard. And there is no frequencies that are left out or exagerated, the audio is flat and perfect sounding. The JVC's sound like a very expensive pair of good audiophile monitor studio speakers, and the bass is there without being boomy and exagerated.

Allot of people believe as I do that the JVC HARX700 is the best sounding, and most comfortable headphone under $250. and a steal at $35 on eBay.

May 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
You should of bought the 

JVC HARX700 headphones.

I own these and they are dirt cheap about $35 and shipping included on eBay, they have a expansive sound stage, more so than any other headphones I have heard. And the bass, mids, and highs are all perfectly balanced. More balanced sound than any other headphone I have heard. I have heard and owned many headphones from Sony, Panasonic, Audio Technica etc.

In fact some people say the Panasonic RPHTF600 sound better, they do not sound better than the JVC's. Not even close......

The JVC HARX700 sound good enough to be used for studio audio mastering, and blow any Sony studio headphones out of the water. The JVC's also have a great wide and deep stereo depth to the sound, more so than any other headphones I have ever heard. And there is no frequencies that are left out or exagerated, the audio is flat and perfect sounding. The JVC's sound like a very expensive pair of good audiophile monitor studio speakers, and the bass is there without being boomy and exagerated.

Allot of people believe as I do that the JVC HARX700 is the best sounding, and most comfortable headphone under $250. and a steal at $35 on eBay.

I own the 700's and have recommended them to people.

Having said that, I think you're setting people up for disappointment by referring to it as the best sounding headphone under $250. 

Stock 700's sound pretty good, but they have a lot of problems which become evident almost immediately. This includes a congested sound with percussion, sibilance, occasional bass distortion, and a tendency to highlight recording flaws. 

Also, I have never considered the soundstage to be anything better than average. Again, out of the box, the soundstage is quite narrow. A soundstage with headphones is always going to be limited in any objective physical sense; but high quality headphones can mimic a wider soundstage with a wide dynamic range and excellent spatial separation. The 700's possess neither quality out of the box. 

I'd say these headphones require a significant amount of modding and well over 100 hours of burn in before they reach their full potential. 

These are good headphones, but the best under $250? That's really a stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back