JVC HAR-X700 and 900. Two of the best dynamics? Am I nuts?
May 4, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #886 of 1,224
Look at my sig. I prefer the RX700 to all those. Except the D2000. I liked it a little bit more, but it wasn't worth the extra price, so I sold it.

May 4, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #887 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look at my sig. I prefer the RX700 to all those. Except the D2000. I liked it a little bit more, but it wasn't worth the extra price, so I sold it.

lol

I just love that...
tongue.gif

May 5, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #890 of 1,224
WOW, I thought I saw newegg was selling RX900 for $69.99 yesterday and now it is $79.99. Maybe I saw it wrong
redface.gif

May 5, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #891 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by voicemaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW, I thought I saw newegg was selling RX900 for $69.99 yesterday and now it is $79.99. Maybe I saw it wrong
redface.gif

Note that it's the Canadian version of newegg.

May 6, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #892 of 1,224
Has anybody ever compared the 700's side by side with AH-D2000s I've been thinkin' about pickin' me up some of those. Heard some pretty good things about them, could be a nice step up in the closed cans arena.

May 6, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #893 of 1,224
Yeah, I recently did a long comparison of the two. I didn't write anything up, I just did it for myself. Very similar sound signatures overall. The D2000 is very nice. They have more detail, soundstage, and instrument separation than the RX700. But in the end, I decided that the RX700 was 90% as good as the D2000, and a 10% of the price, so I got rid of the D2000, bought a bike with the proceeds, and I'm still enjoying my music through my RX700 when I get home from a good ride.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #894 of 1,224
^ I've been getting out and putting the miles on my bikes as well since the weather got nicer. In the mean time, I've still got my RX700 at home, and my AD700 should be back next week (broken plug needed repair). Having balance (not too much money locked up in one interest) is a good thing.

May 6, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #895 of 1,224
^^ Road or Mountain biking??

I tend to go a bit over-the-top in hobbies and dropped well over a grand into a hard-tail MB a couple of years ago. But I consider it a "budget" racer and it's held up great under my 250 lbs:wink: (why do Mavic wheels have to be so damn pricey? :p)

On topic: I unboxed my RX900's last night (six weeks on order from Buy.com). My initial impressions are very positive (I think the DT770's days at my house are numbered). I spent a solid hour listening to some favorite songs and right now their plugged into my receiver and will be burning for the next 100 hours or so. I'll post again after they're done cooking.

May 6, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #896 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tend to go a bit over-the-top in hobbies and dropped well over a grand into a hard-tail MB a couple of years ago. But I consider it a "budget" racer and it's held up great under my 250 lbs:wink: (why do Mavic wheels have to be so damn pricey? :p)

On topic: I unboxed my RX900's last night (six weeks on order from Buy.com). My initial impressions are very positive (I think the DT770's days at my house are numbered). I spent a solid hour listening to some favorite songs and right now their plugged into my receiver and will be burning for the next 100 hours or so. I'll post again after they're done cooking.

Mod them, and your impressions will be even more positive.
wink_face.gif

May 6, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #897 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mod them, and your impressions will be even more positive.
wink_face.gif

I just took a listen a minute ago and my favorite morning DJ's voice, which is a baritone, showed some unpleasant vibrations/resonances, that I'm fairly sure your mods will take care of (particularly the Dynamat on the back of the driver).

I plan to let them burn fully then listen to them in stock form for at least a month, then I'll almost certainly perform the mods you describe.

With the HD580's around, almost any headphone is going to play second fiddle in my house though. I really prefer open cans, but these RX900's are really nice and for the peanuts I paid, I'm very happy with them so far.

I've glanced over the Mod thread and I'm pretty sure that the changes these mods make will fall right in line with what I like in a headphone.

May 6, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #898 of 1,224
^Sounds like a plan!

May 6, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #899 of 1,224
Quote:

I've glanced over the Mod thread and I'm pretty sure that the changes these mods make will fall right in line with what I like in a headphone.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how "tunable" these headphones are.
L3000.gif

May 7, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #900 of 1,224
Quote:

I tend to go a bit over-the-top in hobbies and dropped well over a grand into a hard-tail MB a couple of years ago.

HeeHee got you beat there. Spent almost eight on a new bike for myself but at
least it has a motor on it. Bwahaha

KTM 450 EXC if anyone cares (check sig)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back