JVC HAR-X700 and 900. Two of the best dynamics? Am I nuts?
Nov 21, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #241 of 1,224
Nov 21, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #242 of 1,224
I was wondering about the 700s. How well would they work for portable? I mainly listen to acoustic/indie rock, but I also listen to harder stuff. The ideal headphone would sort of be like a k701. So would these fit the bill well? And would these be better than the es7 with the requirements a listed.

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #243 of 1,224
The 700 is big, heavy, and sort of Grado-sounding, but a tiny bit less in your face.

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #244 of 1,224
I just received my JVC HA-RX900s, mail order, from Buy.com.
It took less then 48 hours from time ordered to being shipped.
Took 7 day to arrive (California) from Oklahoma.
Anyway ,my first impression is sound wise they do a nice job
atsmile.gif
Sound quality seems to compare well with with Infinity Beta 40s (with C360 center) and my Audio Technica ATH-AD500 headphones.
Hopefully the RX900s will get even better after the break in period.
I do prefer the lighter grip/feel of the AD500s
L3000.gif

With the nice feel of the AD500s over the RX900s, it might have been worth it to spend the extra $50-$60 for Audio technica ATH-A700s, assuming the
A700s have the same light grip as the AD500.
But I did buy the RX900s to expand my experience with different Audio brands.
I do not have any current plans for modifying the RX900 anytime soon, might do the modifications after a several months of break in time.

Nov 21, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #245 of 1,224
It helps to stretch out the headband a bit. My HARX900 headband kinda looks square-ish now. Lol. But fairly comfortable now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacoboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my JVC HA-RX900s, mail order, from Buy.com.
It took less then 48 hours from time ordered to being shipped.
Took 7 day to arrive (California) from Oklahoma.
Anyway ,my first impression is sound wise they do a nice job
atsmile.gif
Sound quality seems to compare well with with Infinity Beta 40s (with C360 center) and my Audio Technica ATH-AD500 headphones.
Hopefully the RX900s will get even better after the break in period.
I do prefer the lighter grip/feel of the AD500s
L3000.gif

With the nice feel of the AD500s over the RX900s, it might have been worth it to spend the extra $50-$60 for Audio technica ATH-A700s, assuming the
A700s have the same light grip as the AD500.
But I did buy the RX900s to expand my experience with different Audio brands.
I do not have any current plans for modifying the RX900 anytime soon, might do the modifications after a several months of break in time.

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #248 of 1,224
Really considering to get a pair of these, but got a few questions.
I had considered to get an AT AD700, but they are a bit expensive, so Im interested in how the JVCs compare to the AD700.
Usage is for gaming and music mostly. Would pair them with a Xonar DX soundcard..

How much do either RX700 or RX900 block outside sound? I would use them in a fairly quiet environment with no one around to be annoyed by any leakage, so actually I would like headphones to not block sound too much, I'd rather be able to use them while having the TV on once in a while or similar
smily_headphones1.gif
Obviously open headphones is the best choice for me then, these two from JVC just seems to be great for the money, so I got to consider them even though they are semi-closed.

Related question, how hot do they get when using them for hours? Once again, I prefer open headphones, because comfort over hours of usage matters a great deal to me (for the gaming). But how do they compare comfort-wise to AT AD700?

Last question. I wont be using an amp, how does the JVC's compare to the AD700/900s without one?

Btw, anyone have seen a decent place to buy these from Europe? Would make things a lot easier ^^

Any help is very appreciated.

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #254 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by uberburger101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab, looking forward to your impressions.
redface.gif

Actually I hadn't planned on making any more than I already have made in this thread. The RX900s are very nice cans for the money, and I am keeping the pair I bought. They are not giant killers, but offer excellent performance for the price. They are a little soft on top, and a little congested in the mids, when compared to better headphones. But they would be my top recommendation for an open headphone in this price class.

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #255 of 1,224
new member here and just got my rx700s yday-before I registered on this site...
I have HD201 and an HD212 (still burning them in) and needed and entry level Circumaural HP... thanks for all the feedback for these headphones as Im pretty much learning which is "Great" or "Good"..keep them coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back