JVC HAR-X700 and 900. Two of the best dynamics? Am I nuts?
Jan 21, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #1,126 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you modded them? And if so, to what extent? The RX900s seem to need alot more modding before they can really sound good. If you don't like them, sell or return them and try out the 700s, I find them to be extremely transparent and detailed, if slightly warm.

I am not into mods. I will let them burn in 100 hrs if I still dont like them out they do. My three other cans are so much better.

Jan 21, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #1,127 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The RX900s seem to need alot more modding before they can really sound good. .

I modded the crap out of mine...no good. Horrible. Sorry.

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #1,128 of 1,224
I have noticed a significant change since Wed. I was initially ready to send the RX900 back but I am noticing they have improved dramatically after two days of running them. They still are not burned in but they have changes so much, So my advice is patience.I will continue the burn in and see what they really sound like when it hits 100 hrs. They are more than listenable now and actually starting to sound pretty good.

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #1,131 of 1,224
Is it just me or do I always see an extra page in this thread I can't go to?

Has anyone tried to dampen the inside of the cup to hear a decrease in the boominess of the bass of the RX700?

Jan 22, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #1,133 of 1,224
Many deleted posts in between, I guess

Jan 22, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #1,135 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got these just now and seriously, they already sound very nice and they're not even burned in. Looks like I'm in for a surprise later

got 100hours on mine now. Give them a good listen for a couple of hours, give them 70hours pink noise then listen again. And yes...you will be shocked

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #1,137 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank I /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have noticed a significant change since Wed. I was initially ready to send the RX900 back but I am noticing they have improved dramatically after two days of running them. They still are not burned in but they have changes so much, So my advice is patience.I will continue the burn in and see what they really sound like when it hits 100 hrs. They are more than listenable now and actually starting to sound pretty good.

I'm telling you... burn in on these phones lol XD hopefully they will continue to improve for you.

Jan 23, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #1,138 of 1,224
I just got my rx900's in today! I have pink noise running through them from my laptop..will leave them on for the weekend.

Also, if anyone is interested, I made a video unboxing and first impressions review on my account here
smily_headphones1.gif
: YouTube - JVC HA-RX900 Headphones Unboxing

Jan 23, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #1,139 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangamonster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my rx900's in today! I have pink noise running through them from my laptop..will leave them on for the weekend.

Also, if anyone is interested, I made a video unboxing and first impressions review on my account here
smily_headphones1.gif

Nicw Video. These phones really benefit from burn in. Out of the box they sound like crap. just three days burning in has changed them drastically. BNot bad for 55.00 actually very good price wise.

Jan 23, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #1,140 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangamonster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Nice Video. These phones really benefit from burn in. Out of the box they sound like crap. just three days burning in has changed them drastically. BNot bad for 55.00 actually very good price wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back