JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #4,156 of 4,826

I just got my new Huawei tablet loaded with Neutron and set up to rock the hell outta some SZ2k's. 
basshead.gif
 EQ is set, life is bueno.

By the way, since I have the same DAC/amp as you now, could you share your parametric EQ settings so I can copy them?

Here is the one I use most of the time with the SZ2k on EqualizerAPO (YMMV):

iFi iDSD with Xbass and 3D switched on
PreAmp -14

20     12
25     12
30     11
40     10
50     9.25
63     8.5
80     5.5
100     2.5
125     -0.05
160     -3
200     -8
250     -11.5
315     -16
400     -19.5
500     -20
630     -16.5
800     -13
1000     -10.5
1250     -4
1600     4
2000     1.5
2500     -1.5
3150     1
4000     3.5
5000     4.5
6300     6
8000     6.5
10000     5.5
12500     5.5
16000     2.5
20000     -2.5

Apr 2, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #4,157 of 4,826
I know exactly what you mean man. I used to run Windows, and I would use equalizer APO, which worked great! But I switched to Linux, and there is really not any good system wide EQ apps out there. Which is why I bought my a hardware EQ box, and since I didn't want to pay over 100 dollars for an EQ box, I searched around Ebay and scored a Realistic brand 12-band equalizer from the 80's in mint condition for only 30 bucks.

Looking to get a pair of sz200s. I'm a wanna be basshead. I want to do this right. I'm interested in a hardware EQ like yours. Functional as well as cool. What model is yours?

Apr 2, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #4,158 of 4,826
Hello there!

I have the Realistic stereo equalizer model 31-2010 12-band box. You can purchase these on Ebay. Make sure to purchase one in the best condition that you find, even if you have to pay more for it.

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #4,159 of 4,826
I just got speakers...and, um...how do I put this...I'm getting rid of most of my headphones!
eek.gif

I can walk downstairs and still feel the bass pounding. haha

If anyone wants my JVC HA-SZ2000 and iFi micro iDSD, send me a PM. I'd like to sell them as a package deal, including three sets of pads: JVC HA-MR77X, Brainwavz sheepskin leather, and stock.

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #4,160 of 4,826
  I just got speakers...and, um...how do I put this...I'm getting rid of most of my headphones!
eek.gif

I can walk downstairs and still feel the bass pounding. haha

If anyone wants my JVC HA-SZ2000 and iFi micro iDSD, send me a PM. I'd like to sell them as a package deal, including three sets of pads: JVC HA-MR77X, Brainwavz sheepskin leather, and stock.

Holy hell man, it's the purge! Lol. If anyone is thinking about getting the SZ2k, the package listed above is mind jarring bass in a box. The SZ2k and the iFi iDSD are amazing together. And I personally love the HM5 Sheepskin leather pads too. Whoever buys them can't go wrong. 

@Music Alchemist: Good luck with your sale.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #4,161 of 4,826
  Holy hell man, it's the purge! Lol. If anyone is thinking about getting the SZ2k, the package listed above is mind jarring bass in a box. The SZ2k and the iFi iDSD are amazing together. And I personally love the HM5 Sheepskin leather pads too. Whoever buys them can't go wrong. 

@Music Alchemist: Good luck with your sale.

Now I just need a subwoofer. Although these speakers are crazy good, they only go down to 43 Hz, so some of the deepest bass isn't there.

I've actually had the basshead headphone rig listed on the for sale forum for over a week with no responses yet.
frown.gif

Apr 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #4,164 of 4,826
anyone else have an issue with build quality on these things?
my 2ks just snapped at the swivel joint on the left side where it says "L" in blue
and now that it's broke i can see that it's just a thin piece of plastic holding these things together. after seeing that it looks like that little piece of plastic was definitely going to snap eventually.
I do not have a big head (i don't have to extend the adjustment at all it's on the lowest setting) and i was always very careful and never stretched them that far apart. Only have HM5s that aren't that thick. I've seen some of you in this thread have super thick pads and so have to stretch them I recommend thinner pads and hope this doesn't happen to you
It's so hard to find a pair of headphones with decent build quality and these are no different
there ends the life of the 2ks :frowning2:
I don't exactly have a lot of money. I saved up for quite a few months to be able to get these and the $300 amp/dac I bought to go with them. The only other headphones I have are a $5 pair of earbuds. So here I go, plugging a $5 pair of earbuds into a $300 amp...smh
All i can say is be careful and I DEFINITELY won't be replacing these with another pair
you can see in the pics below what i mean the top shows where it broke and the second is the piece that came off
Sorry if it sounds like I'm venting I just really enjoyed this thread cuz it was full of so much awesome info but i wanted to come here to warn you

I took another pic showing the lil piece in my hand cuz the zoomed in pic makes it look big but here below you can see how small it is. Sorry I tried over and over but my darn phone wouldn't focus. That little piece of plastic is all that was holding that joint together o.O

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #4,165 of 4,826
Nope, once I realized these need to be handled carefully b/c of the super heavy cups, they've held up just fine. (1k btw)

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised with poor handling if those heavy cups cause other parts to crack from its quick movements (due to its weight and slight flimsy quality)

These seem to be built well, minus that one flaw (cups folding in so quickly/flimsily). Sorry about your luck with those nice cans.

devil_face.gif

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #4,166 of 4,826
That's the thing thou, i did not handle them poorly i was very gentle with them because i've had this issue before (because most headphones ive had are only thin plastic there) so I was super careful out of paranoia of this happening to these too but poor quality always prevails o.O

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #4,167 of 4,826
  That's the thing thou, i did not handle them poorly i was very gentle with them because i've had this issue before (because most headphones ive had are only thin plastic there) so I was super careful out of paranoia of this happening to these too but poor quality always prevails o.O

Thats really unfortunate man. I've had a few close calls even with super care handling them when those cups just fold. I thought it would snap a couple of times. I knew of the warnings before getting them as there was mention of this hinge snapping ( just a few cases IIRC), so i took the plunge.

I was nervous stretching out the headband a bit as the clamping force was a bit too much. I didn't feel it hurt, but i got headaches.

But its a good reminder to be careful.

Did it stop working completely?

I've had ear cups snap b4 on a shure and i used epoxy/ superglue.

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #4,168 of 4,826
I have not had any issue, but I don't take them anywhere outside the house and they stay on a headphone stand so I usually never fold them. But having seen that, I'll be buying a case that will hold them without having to fold them for when and if I do take them somewhere. Sorry yours broke @bcote25, that sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back