JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #3,511 of 4,826
I never engage in burn-in talk because it goes nowhere.  Most of the time the argument ends up with someone saying, "if you had two of the same set, one brand new the other broken in, you will hear the difference.

Ok... 

I traded for a set of headphones a couple months back, so that set has hundreds of hours on them.  Recently the same headphone was released in a limited color, I like the set so much that I decided that I would pay full price for a new set.  So having both new and used I can now see for myself if what people say about burn in is true.

So after doing the A/B testing, i'll tell you this.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.  

I tell people all the time. the real burn-in is your brain getting used to the new sound that is introduced.  So just put on the headphone and use it.

With that being said, if burn-in makes you happy then do it.   You want an objective view about the subject, you just got one.

comments isn't geared towards anyone.  Just posting my findings.  

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #3,512 of 4,826
Well, science and physics leave no clue, and if you ask people that should be in the know (like engineers designing the drivers) you will get a simple answer: drivers in headphones differ from normal drivers used in loudspeakers. Much. They do no have the items that could cause a burn-in change. And most important: the plastic film that the cones are made of will not change its flexibility, no matter how long you use them.

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #3,513 of 4,826
I am happy for you Reaperz, wonderful Christmas gift idea. Putting music through them for 30 hours is enough to start listening to them after. I reached 300 hours just by listening to them all the time. What's that amp you got plugged into it?

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #3,514 of 4,826
I am happy for you Reaperz, wonderful Christmas gift idea. Putting music through them for 30 hours is enough to start listening to them after. I reached 300 hours just by listening to them all the time. What's that amp you got plugged into it?

The amp is an Oppo ha-2,its a dac/amp..

Can a few people share their poweramp / Spotify EQ? I can't see a pre-amp volume in Spotify, maybe I'm missing something? Or is that just the phone volume level.

I'm new to EQ'ing :xf_eek:

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #3,515 of 4,826
Nice dude, what that Oppo DAC/AMP cost you?

Most applications call it GAIN, Poweramp calls it Pre-Amp, I don't use Spotify so maybe they have GAIN?

I use a hardware equalizer and its an Realistic 12-band!

And this is my Fiio A3 AMP which puts out more then you'd think it could by looking at its size hehe :D

And these are my awesome beyond amazing JVC SZ-HA1000E Cans!

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #3,516 of 4,826
The amp is an Oppo ha-2,its a dac/amp..

Can a few people share their poweramp / Spotify EQ? I can't see a pre-amp volume in Spotify, maybe I'm missing something? Or is that just the phone volume level.

I'm new to EQ'ing
redface.gif

[IMG][IMG][attach]1765326[/attach][/quote]

The ha-2 is a great amp.  I thought it was all hype till I got one.  Battery life could be better though.

What are you using spotify on, android, pc, or ios?  You can't eq spotify on android but you can on iphone and pc

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #3,517 of 4,826
The ha-2 is a great amp.  I thought it was all hype till I got one.  Battery life could be better though.

What are you using spotify on, android, pc, or ios?  You can't eq spotify on android but you can on iphone and pc

It's one hell of an amp!! I'm not too fussed about battery life as 8 hours is enough for me, and if I go on a long outing I take a 10,000mah quick charger for my phone and the amp :)

I'm running Android, so should I look at installing Viper4android (rooting my phone isn't an issue)?

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #3,518 of 4,826
This is from inside Spotify on Android?

Poweramp

@Startreker I purely use mine out and about, so I'll likely never use a hardware equalizer for mine .. My home listening setup is a $15,000 Paradigm speaker setup with a Yamaha amplifier and two Velodyne SPL1200 ultra subwoofers :wink:

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #3,519 of 4,826
yeah that eq inside of spotify is trash.  if your not afraid to root then v4a is your best bet.

with the ha-2 your not going to get 8hrs of use.  guys over at the ha-2 thread are getting 7hr max and thats using it on low-gain.   For us power users, i'm getting like 4-5 max.

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #3,520 of 4,826
yeah that eq inside of spotify is trash.  if your not afraid to root then v4a is your best bet.

with the ha-2 your not going to get 8hrs of use.  guys over at the ha-2 thread are getting 7hr max and thats using it on low-gain.   For us power users, i'm getting like 4-5 max.

Definitely not afraid to root! All my phones until my current one have been running custom roms so it's nothing new to me :) I'll check it out this weekend! I'm using a Samsung S6 edge +, first non HTC phone. The Battery is starting to get a bit poo so I may pick up an LG v10, or see what next year's models offer.

4-5 hours is unfortunate, good thing I have a battery pack to charge it on the go. Are you using an HA-2 chillaxing?

So I couldn't handle the wait and decided to play with these babies,.. One word comes to mind. RIDICULOUS. utterly ridiculous. Within 10 minutes of tweaking I was walking down the road with a huge smile, and bursts of laughter from time to time. Finding a balance of clean highs that aren't totally dominated by the bass is going to take some time i can tell, but already I've found settings which I think sound quite good! I am looking forward to playing with v4a.

Tonight's goal : Run a scraper on this 300+ page thread to extract every link with the word "YouTube" in it, and dump it into a Playlist!

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #3,521 of 4,826

Yup, got the ha-2 in the arsenal 
biggrin.gif

read my post about burn-in a couple post back.  Just use the headphones and enjoy.

if you pick up a LG, go for the v10 (i have one), I've been reading up on the v20 and people are reporting not so great news about it.

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #3,522 of 4,826
Glad your enjoying them. Make sure you listen to Wiz Khalfia On My Level, that's got bass that will cause nut popping adventures with your new cans hehe

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #3,524 of 4,826
LMAO! OMG my bleeping phone man, don't you hate it when you mean to spell the word nut, but the screw* changes your word to but LOL I wonder if I can edit my post now that I am on computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back