JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #2,507 of 4,826
   I'm going to try these on my computer tomorrow and see how they sound. These don't seem to hit as hard as my Darth Beyers did though and they were only the V4 version.

The paper is a reasonable analogue for the side of your face. More power more bass. These eat a iFi micro in Turbo mode which is up to 4,000mW.

Take 1/2 of an A4 paper and lay it over your favorite bass cans.

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #2,509 of 4,826
Do you still think it will be driven well enough with what I have?

If you feel the bass is not strong enough then I can say it is power related since the SZ eat a lot of power despite the 16ohm 1,500mW max input specs. Those numbers are garbage like the stock pads. The SZ kinda need lots of power. How much bass you want is a personal thing so I dunno if it's not enough. If you think it's not I can say it's the power input and not the driver ability.

That is good since you can get more power later.  If cans distort on high gain then you are ****ed. Nothing you can do about cans with low amp headroom. The SZ have A LOT of room for you to climb. I'm interested about the Q1's performance so be sure to let us know...please
beerchug.gif

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #2,510 of 4,826
If you feel the bass is not strong enough then I can say it is power related since the SZ eat a lot of power despite the 16ohm 1,500mW max input specs. Those numbers are garbage like the stock pads. The SZ kinda need lots of power. How much bass you want is a personal thing so I dunno if it's not enough. If you think it's not I can say it's the power input and not the driver ability.

That is good since you can get more power later.  If cans distort on high gain then you are ****ed. Nothing you can do about cans with low amp headroom. The SZ have A LOT of room for you to climb. I'm interested about the Q1's performance so be sure to let us know...please:beerchug:

what is the best amp around $150 for these headphones? I could buy that and test it against the q1 see how they compare

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #2,511 of 4,826
Cayin C5 I'd say

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #2,513 of 4,826
Better than most of the Fiio amps and on par with the Fiio E12, the Cayin C5 and the Fiio E12 sound almost exactly the same to me, both very powerful with great bass boosts. 

Why does the E12 and C5 sound better than the other Fiio amps? Um, I don't know exactly, but they do. 

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #2,514 of 4,826
Are they better than Fiio amps? If so why

Cayin makes for a wider soundstage and has a beter bass boost IMO than the e12.

Like inthere said...I don't know why but it is clear if you do a side by side and I did and own both.

Better than most of the Fiio amps and on par with the Fiio E12, the Cayin C5 and the Fiio E12 sound almost exactly the same to me, both very powerful with great bass boosts. 

Why does the E12 and C5 sound better than the other Fiio amps? Um, I don't know exactly, but they do. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #2,515 of 4,826
I've been wanting to get a pair of these. Does anyone know if there are extra costs involved when I buy on Amazon from a Japanese seller? Apparently no one in the US sells them.

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #2,516 of 4,826
  I've been wanting to get a pair of these. Does anyone know if there are extra costs involved when I buy on Amazon from a Japanese seller? Apparently no one in the US sells them.

I don't think so, I brought them from a Japanese seller shipping them to the UK I had to pay shipping costs but that was all sorted it the final payment.

Although I did have to pay a customs charge when they arrived in the uk I paid $248 dollors in total for the headphones and shipping then a additional £21 pounds when they arrived in the uk so around 30 dollars id guess. 

so no additional charge from the seller but customs might get ya!! Haha 

Hope this helps. 

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #2,517 of 4,826

I don't think so, I brought them from a Japanese seller shipping them to the UK I had to pay shipping costs but that was all sorted it the final payment.

Although I did have to pay a customs charge when they arrived in the uk I paid $248 dollors in total for the headphones and shipping then a additional £21 pounds when they arrived in the uk so around 30 dollars id guess. 

so no additional charge from the seller but customs might get ya!! Haha 

Hope this helps. 

Yeah, just worried I'll pay the $150 + "Free shipping" and then get a notification later that I have to pony up another $100 for customs or some BS like that. Never ordered internationally before, would it be safer to do the "Fulfillment by Amazon" route if available you think?

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #2,518 of 4,826

Yeah, just worried I'll pay the $150 + "Free shipping" and then get a notification later that I have to pony up another $100 for customs or some BS like that. Never ordered internationally before, would it be safer to do the "Fulfillment by Amazon" route if available you think?

It's a matter of luck though, Amazon typically does approximate tax charge at check out. I was sent from Japan to Mexico with zero additional charges. Were 3 sent from Japan by Amazon with the same result.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #2,519 of 4,826

Never ordered internationally before, would it be safer to do the "Fulfillment by Amazon" route if available you think?

Yes if you have the chance to get it fulfilled bt amazon themselves definitely go that route as if anything goes wrong with shipping, lost, damages ect Amazon will have your back. :) 

Let me know what you decide to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back