JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Dec 11, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #2,491 of 4,826
 Received my SZ2000's and Cayin C5 today. First the negatives, the wire is extremely short, the clamping force is really hard, and the stock pads are total garbage. They sound pretty good so far, the bass definitely hits hard with a little EQ and the Cayin C5 bass boost. My HM5 pads are coming in tomorrow so I think I'll wait until they come in to listen some more, I just can't stand the stock pads. I'm not rooted so I'm using the Jetaudio Plus app on my android phone(S6). 

Dec 11, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #2,492 of 4,826
   Received my SZ2000's and Cayin C5 today. First the negatives, the wire is extremely short, the clamping force is really hard, and the stock pads are total garbage. They sound pretty good so far, the bass definitely hits hard with a little EQ and the Cayin C5 bass boost. My HM5 pads are coming in tomorrow so I think I'll wait until they come in to listen some more, I just can't stand the stock pads. I'm not rooted so I'm using the Jetaudio Plus app on my android phone(S6). 

if you use the power amp app on android turn the pre-amp all the way down and turn up the volume with the C5 you will thank me the bass is incredible.

Dec 11, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #2,493 of 4,826
I'll give that a try, I was always under the impression that you're supposed to turn the phone volume all the way up and use the amp to control volume. I will definitely try that app and your method and see how it sounds. Thanks

Dec 11, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #2,494 of 4,826
General guideline: set the earlier stages to control the headroom, so that your final amp at 100% is the loudest you need.

This is especially true with smartphones, as they distort early. Let the dedicated amp do the amping!

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #2,496 of 4,826
Not quite. You'll still control volume at the C5. So maybe you leave your phone around 12/15 (most Samsung phones distort after this point), and control everything else at the C5.

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #2,497 of 4,826
   So high gain with the the C5 at 100% and then control volume with the phone? I'll give it a shot and see how it goes, the only bad thing is my phone only has 15 steps of volume. 

NO

WAIT

STOP

Like Questlove above me said.
The C5 will blow your gear. Set the phone to 40-70% and never touch it again for music.....then slowly adjust the C5 gain.

Dec 11, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #2,498 of 4,826
Lol. I was on my phone, so I probably compromised communication for pithyness. But yeah, be careful with that much power!

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #2,499 of 4,826

NO

WAIT

STOP

Like Questlove above me said.
The C5 will blow your gear. Set the phone to 40-70% and never touch it again for music.....then slowly adjust the C5 gain.

Right I'm lost now for all the listing I've done so far I have my C5 on about half volume high gain and bass boost on pre-amp on my phone turned all the way down and then I was generally using my phone to turn volume up and down are you saying I should just purely use the C5 when turning volume up and down? 

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #2,500 of 4,826
  Right I'm lost now for all the listing I've done so far I have my C5 on about half volume high gain and bass boost on pre-amp on my phone turned all the way down and then I was generally using my phone to turn volume up and down are you saying I should just purely use the C5 when turning volume up and down? 

Just to avoid the potential of too much distortion being amplified maybe just put the phone around 40ish % (enough for a good clear signal ) then let the C5 gain knob take over from there.

Just an opinion

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #2,501 of 4,826

Just to avoid the potential of too much distortion being amplified maybe just put the phone around 40ish % (enough for a good clear signal ) then let the C5 gain knob take over from there.

Just an opinion

as far as I'm aware my phone supports hardware and software is optimized to support 24-bit/192 kHz audio I've really not had any distortion Just pure listing bliss I've not been able to turn it loud enough to destort my ears would definitely give in first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back