JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #2,476 of 4,826
  Has anyone plastic welded the swivel points above the cups on SZ2000?

I have the mad dog alpha pads on mine, and the thick rear section of the pad angles the cup in a adverse sound presentation manner.

I want to solidify the twisting movement so the cups hit perpendicular to my head. Still allowing the headphones to fold, however...

Thanks

Could probably get the same effect with a glue gun. Depending on how much stress is put on the joint that could work. Of course a plastic weld would be permanent and the ideal. Sure there is a youtube vid for that.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #2,477 of 4,826
Hello Guy's! Well I've been on a long search for some real bass cannon's for a while now I use head-fi alot but haven't posted untill now.

So anyway came Across this impressions thread about a month ago and have literally read 100+ pages untill pulling the trigger and ordering some sz2k's this morning from Amazon for $224 I live in England so that's around £148 for me if these are as good as you guys say wow for that price I'm gonna be Impressed to say the lease!! 

Delivery time is quite long but not to bad should have them in the next week or so, pretty excited.

So on to my question from what I've read the best amps for the sz2k's are the fiio E12 and the Cayin C5 can anyone tell me how they sound or rather what differences are there between them? If anyone has tried them both which one do you prefer any why? 
It seems from what I've read the E12 has more bass and hits harder and the C5 has a better overall sound?

Thanks really looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Ps CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BASS!!

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #2,478 of 4,826
  Hello Guy's! Well I've been on a long search for some real bass cannon's for a while now I use head-fi alot but haven't posted untill now.

So anyway came Across this impressions thread about a month ago and have literally read 100+ pages untill pulling the trigger and ordering some sz2k's this morning from Amazon for $224 I live in England so that's around £148 for me if these are as good as you guys say wow for that price I'm gonna be Impressed to say the lease!! 

Delivery time is quite long but not to bad should have them in the next week or so, pretty excited.

So on to my question from what I've read the best amps for the sz2k's are the fiio E12 and the Cayin C5 can anyone tell me how they sound or rather what differences are there between them? If anyone has tried them both which one do you prefer any why? 
It seems from what I've read the E12 has more bass and hits harder and the C5 has a better overall sound?

Thanks really looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Ps CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BASS!!

Cayin C5 has better bass boost. You should get the 55x pads too. Really suck....do the stock pads

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #2,480 of 4,826
   Cayin C5 has better bass boost. You should get the 55x pads too. Really suck....do the stock pads

Are you sure of that? They sound very close to me but I think the E12 has more........are you saying the Cayin's bass boost is cleaner? I think I can agree with that.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #2,482 of 4,826

Are you sure of that? They sound very close to me but I think the E12 has more........are you saying the Cayin's bass boost is cleaner? I think I can agree with that.

The bass tests were built around the e12.It is clearly powerful. For listening longer than testing the Cayin seems to have a smoother boost. Big but well sloped. It's all subjective but the Cayin seemed to widen the somewhat compact stage of the SZ just a tad more than the e12

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #2,483 of 4,826
Hi guys, I've been a long time member on this site but I recently got married and had 2 children so I've been away from here for quite some time and I'm ready to get back in the game. These headphones weren't even out when I left and I'm a basshead so I was ecstatic to hear there is new competition in this space and I've read almost every page on this thread. Below are the basshead cans I used to own.

Audeze LCD-2
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80(stock)
Darth Beyer Terminator V4
Denon AH-D1100
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S
Sony MDR-XB700
Sony MDR-XB1000
Ultrasone Pro 900

Out of all these the Darth Beyers are the best when it comes to bass IMO. So anyway after reading this whole thread I decided to pull the trigger on the SZ2000 and also ordered some red HM5 pads to go with them, I'm so excited to try them out in a few weeks when I receive them. Cheers!

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #2,484 of 4,826
Hi guys, I've been a long time member on this site but I recently got married and had 2 children so I've been away from here for quite some time and I'm ready to get back in the game. These headphones weren't even out when I left and I'm a basshead so I was ecstatic to hear there is new competition in this space and I've read almost every page on this thread. Below are the basshead cans I used to own.

Audeze LCD-2
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80(stock)
Darth Beyer Terminator V4
Denon AH-D1100
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S
Sony MDR-XB700
Sony MDR-XB1000
Ultrasone Pro 900

Out of all these the Darth Beyers are the best when it comes to bass IMO. So anyway after reading this whole thread I decided to pull the trigger on the SZ2000 and also ordered some red HM5 pads to go with them, I'm so excited to try them out in a few weeks when I receive them. Cheers!

Good amp and an eq that goes into sub-bass....you're a basshead so you know that already
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #2,488 of 4,826
Well got the C5 earlier this week must say it really widened the sound of my IEM's seem to "push" the sound forward if that makes sence vocals seem clearer and louder along with everything else every happy with the amp, bass boost I didn't find my self using that much as sounds good with a bit of EQing on standard ill save that party piece for the sz2k's which arrived TOMORROW!! 

VERY EXCITED, Ill let you know what I think after some use.

Thanks for advice on amp!! 

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #2,489 of 4,826
  OK, so I just snagged a used C5 off of Ebay for $106. Can't wait to hear how it all sounds, thanks HBB. 

Good price. Plenty of power and it does in fact make the presentation wider. And of course it's got power ...plenty of that.

Well got the C5 earlier this week must say it really widened the sound of my IEM's seem to "push" the sound forward if that makes sence vocals seem clearer and louder along with everything else every happy with the amp, bass boost I didn't find my self using that much as sounds good with a bit of EQing on standard ill save that party piece for the sz2k's which arrived TOMORROW!! 

VERY EXCITED, Ill let you know what I think after some use.

Thanks for advice on amp!! 

Congrats!

Welcome to the family ...almost.  Get some old 55x pads for basshead of HM5 for semi basshead/ comfort

Dec 11, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #2,490 of 4,826
Well just I honestly don't know what to say apart from WOW just WOW these really are amazing the bass is like nothing I've ever heard, winner hands down, I actually cannot believe it. That amp's a beast aswell together make bass heaven the sub-bass is just beautiful. There very addictive I put them down to get a drink... never got the drink couldn't resist just one more songg!! Well now to play with the eq some more thanks again guys!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back