JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #1,637 of 4,826
  I can just use free software on my android and on my pc to eq the sz2000 though right? I''m also trying to figure out if dacs are ass necessary when just blaring bass. I see a lot less talk of dacs in threads about this headset than i do in other areas of head fi. Theres so much to learn about which amps provide the best bass and if its worth portability as you likely lose some power and umpff from not having a wall connection power for the amp.

This is my portable over neck rig for Cowon or X5 or whatever.

If you can use Viper4Android or "Equalizer" for iphone/ipad or anything that boosts the low end you are set. The DAC is in your PC or ipod or anything that plays digital music files.

Get an amp before you worry about a DAC. Your computer is your dac for now.
No power no bang.
Get the amp before the new player.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #1,638 of 4,826
I don't really think your terrorist rig is for me but to each their own. Looks kinda cool I guess but I mostly plan to sit at a desk and enjoy the music. If I am correct a dap is just a music player right? I guess I just need to figure out what amp to get. Im thinking about the new magni 2 uber and modi 2 uber. Not sure if i really need the uber but it wounds nice to have the best of the line lol. I think i might be wasting money because i think the uber just supports more outputs for running to speakers or something like that.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #1,639 of 4,826
  I don't really think your terrorist rig is for me but to each their own. Looks kinda cool I guess but I mostly plan to sit at a desk and enjoy the music. If I am correct a dap is just a music player right? I guess I just need to figure out what amp to get. Im thinking about the new magni 2 uber and modi 2 uber. Not sure if i really need the uber but it wounds nice to have the best of the line lol. I think i might be wasting money because i think the uber just supports more outputs for running to speakers or something like that.

the e12 is >880mW @32ohm

Check that spec on whatever you decide to buy. Amp is for power. raw ******* power. Yup a dap is just a digital audio player Ipod and ipods on steroids is what everything else is is.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #1,640 of 4,826
So do you not even bother with a dac? A dac is supposed to give you better quality audio. I havent noticed any problems running audio through my current headphones and ear buds with either my smartphone or my pc. Im not sure thats a good basis for understanding if I need a dac though. I understand an amp is more important than a dac when it comes to wanting massive power for bass. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #1,641 of 4,826
  So do you not even bother with a dac? A dac is supposed to give you better quality audio. I havent noticed any problems running audio through my current headphones and ear buds with either my smartphone or my pc. Im not sure thats a good basis for understanding if I need a dac though. I understand an amp is more important than a dac when it comes to wanting massive power for bass. 

If your rich buy it all.

Amp is gonna tell you how much your cans can handle. A good dap will make it sound better via quality of internal chips and UI.
You cannot evaluate bass without an amp that can go too far. You don't go too far but you need to know where that line is instead of 10 people telling you 10 different opinions.

People are known to be full of ****. Don't believe the hype.

Amp is needed before a quality dap is not hype it's operational procedure
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #1,642 of 4,826
I personally see zero point to having a dap if I am using a headset with an amp and dac. Am i missing something? As I see it a dap is basically like having a smartphone/ipod with a good integrated dac right?

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #1,643 of 4,826
  I personally see zero point to having a dap if I am using a headset with an amp and dac. Am i missing something? As I see it a dap is basically like having a smartphone/ipod with a good integrated dac right?

You don't need a portable dap.

PC >>amp>> headphones

I'm about to work. (Japan time)

Good luck!

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #1,645 of 4,826
So, I've been trying to think up a joke involving said 'terrorist lookin dap/amp rig' and the fact it does lead to a huge BASS explosion. 

Like HBB last spotted wearin it, locals report of huge explosion in Japan. A BASS EXPLOSION

Sadly I'm pretty terrible at making good jokes so imagine something funny regarding that and give me the credit. 
L3000.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #1,646 of 4,826
  So, I've been trying to think up a joke involving said 'terrorist lookin dap/amp rig' and the fact it does lead to a huge BASS explosion. 

Like HBB last spotted wearin it, locals report of huge explosion in Japan. A BASS EXPLOSION

Sadly I'm pretty terrible at making good jokes so imagine something funny regarding that and give me the credit. 
L3000.gif

If I ever go to japan I will never have to look for HBB all I have to is listen
basshead.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #1,647 of 4,826
Dec 17, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #1,648 of 4,826
How are the SZ2000's running off a Creative Soundblaster Z. I just got it and it says it can power up to a 600 ohm head phone. Right now I am using the sound card paired with Beyerdynamic DT770s. I was toying with the idea of getting Sennheiser HD650s but I listen to trance mostly (A State of Trance daily, and trance radio) and I feel the clarity of the DT770 is excellent, but I want to be able to feel the music but not lose the sound stage or clarity of the DT770s. Would you guys recommend the SZ2000 for me? 

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #1,649 of 4,826
So I realized the jvc sz2000 is 16ohm and  has a max input capability of 1,500mW. So would that would be problematic if I got the magni 2 or magni 2 uber as they are 1.8W and 2.1W? Is it likely to cause damage if you don't turn the amps up all the way? Is it likely to cause damage with just normal usage? I was really really looking forward to the schitt stack until I saw this possible problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back