JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Sep 12, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #1,369 of 4,826
Ok yea the Sony looks like a good match as well. I ordered the cowon so I will just have to get use to the ui. I saw your other video were u showed off the settings for the mach bass so I should be smooth.

Volume at 34  -  Flat eq with BBE +8 and Mach3bass +9 or 8 and you got more bass than you should really be hearing for more than 10 minute listening bursts.

No joke.

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #1,370 of 4,826
Lol that's what I like too hear. I'm trying to be mind blown . I had the xb500 an v moda lp which were good but I felt like it was another level that's when this forum showed me the light. Now I have to promote these to my frens or at least stunt on there dre beats lol.

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #1,371 of 4,826
If I may........have the Q40's, had the WS99's last week for a few days. Personally I didn't think they were an upgrade and traded them for some V-Moda M-100's. As we say, YMMV.

I'm very anxious to hear some input on these new JVC's. Especially from an "audiophile basshead" perspective (hereby coined for the upgraded basshead experience from the XB500 style cans to the refined D2000/Pro900 or even Q40 quality headphones).

Nonsense the speed and detail of the bass is much better,the highs and mids sound also better then Q40's and i really dig the bass way more then on the Q40's.......so again on all 3 levels they beat the Q40's.....

Sep 22, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #1,374 of 4,826
How much more bass does this SZ2000 have then the WS99,cause that bass is just perfect for me....?

In the sub-bass (60hz and below) the sz has a lot more. From 100-200Hz its what a 55mm should do and beyond that it's veiled though I prefer the signature. I got brain burn in.

If you amp and boost the low end a lot I'd rec the sz in a second if your not keen on eq or amp I'd stick with what you got which are nice cans themselves.

Most of my friends are DJ's or wannabe DJ's. The in club experience is something I do 2 times a month and it sounds nothing like audiophile type cans. The club is dark and bass is bumping and you can hear them singing and the effects deck.....my sz are like that. They are not like open back cans and the live shows are not either. It's personal taste. You'd have to change the pads to 55x for the best bass but it would be the best bass....by the basshead definition.

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #1,376 of 4,826
Ok great story and i know the club experience for like 20 years now haha
smily_headphones1.gif
so i know i would love these cans,and maybe just to have a BIG brother to my WS99....they are around 220 euro on ebay now

If you are willing to grab 55x pads off ebay, amp,  and have a way to lift the sub-bass I would rec these. Pad switching is critical. The stock pads are horrible.

Sep 25, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #1,378 of 4,826
Just ordered the ws 99's.  Can the pads be changed?  I need them to be deeper than they look. 

I have put the spacers from my he400's between the speakers and pads of my sz2000's.  I also took some old coax cable and made a loop the same circumference of the stock pads.  I taped the ends together and worked them into place between the spacers and pad.  They increase the deepness of the pads allowing my large ears to rest in peace untouched.  The space allows the sound ,bass, to reverberate in a sealed space.  Awesome,  I found the 55xx pads to be too narrow for my ears.

I think the ws 99's will be large enough to take a pad that is deeper as well, thoughts?

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #1,380 of 4,826

Users who are viewing this thread

Back