JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,321 of 4,826

Hey dudes - wanna see some uber cool pads on the SZ2000?

Then hit link below to my album
cool.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1175513/jvc-ha-sz2000-with-ha-ma55x-w-white-ear-pads/

​

Sheeeet. I might just have to do this. 

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #1,323 of 4,826
For anyone wondering what the "HM5 THICK PADS" look like on the 2000's here ya go. They were a bi_  to get on though, Any tips for putting headphone pads on with ease? 

here's a link to the pads I got.
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-thick-memory-foam-earpad-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones-1pc

here's my pics. taken with a CrapPhone ..

full view

-
Inside view:

-
my thoughts on these pads are, they're great. the stock ones were causing my pain. I wear glasses, and there's not much pad or cushion between my ears/glasses-arms and the hard headphone part. The HM5 Thick Pads are perfect for me. I barely wore them with the stock pads I Can't say much on the difference of sound(b.c I Didn't exp them with the stock pads much), I still haven't gotten my Schiit amp yet so.. Running on PC sound card, the Sound card I use is the ASUS U7.
-
The only problem I have with these pads, which I haven't really figured out much about it, is the suction. I posted before about putting the headphones on with the HM5 Thick Pads and taking them off causing this clickly-springy sound. My thought about that is it's probly the woofer driver being forced to move from air being pushed/pulled. the greater space between the inside of the headphone to the ear from the HM5 pads may cause the suction.  sorry for my poor wording, no sleep. I just wanted to get the pics up really. there is no negative side to the sound with these pads, so no worries yet. Can't wait to get my amp.
-
Thanks hope this helped.
-KGUN

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #1,324 of 4,826
  For anyone wondering what the "HM5 THICK PADS" look like on the 2000's here ya go. They were a bi_  to get on though, Any tips for putting headphone pads on with ease? 

here's a link to the pads I got.
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-thick-memory-foam-earpad-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones-1pc

here's my pics. taken with a CrapPhone ..

full view

-
Inside view:

-

This vid starts at 1:37 and at 1:39 you can see the groove you just slide and twist the pads on. Very easy peasy.

Thanks for the pics btw 

We gotta make a pad collection/impression post since it is the most common issue with these cans.

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #1,326 of 4,826
  holy crap, thanks. I did it wrong I was basically stretching the leather over the .. pad holder? probly the complete wrong way, I'm happy they didn't rip though. lol

No probs. It totally escaped me what that groove was until I had already stressed a bit too much after someone said it was so easy...I wanted to PM them and then tell them to go _____ themselves...
mad.gif
lucky I figured it out right before that angry mail and made a vid cuz I was SURE some folks were gonna take more than the 2 minutes needed. I took me like 5 minutes to do one before I considered the purpose of that groove
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #1,327 of 4,826
This vid starts at 1:37 and at 1:39 you can see the groove you just slide and twist the pads on. Very easy peasy.

Thanks for the pics btw 

We gotta make a pad collection/impression post since it is the most common issue with these cans.

That video of yours should be stickied somewhere for all to see - it's an education in SZ1&2K pad changing - the easy way - glad I watched it before attempting my pad changes - lol :D

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #1,329 of 4,826
Been lurking around this thread for a bit, finally gonna pull the trigger on these. Going on a trip to japan next week and still can't decide which to pickup the SZ1000 or SZ2000.
Cans I got and enjoy are the HD650, Denon D600, K551 and Fidelio L2. So I am looking for a different kind of experience, thought the SZs might fit the bill, I guess I will mainly use them for EDM and hope they are fast enough (if that makes any sense). 

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #1,330 of 4,826
  Been lurking around this thread for a bit, finally gonna pull the trigger on these. Going on a trip to japan next week and still can't decide which to pickup the SZ1000 or SZ2000.
Cans I got and enjoy are the HD650, Denon D600, K551 and Fidelio L2. So I am looking for a different kind of experience, thought the SZs might fit the bill, I guess I will mainly use them for EDM and hope they are fast enough (if that makes any sense). 

Need not worry about speed.
Jungle, dub-step, breakcore fan myself. I love these phones with the proper setup.

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #1,331 of 4,826
Just testing my new best friend, WOW,  My emotiva xda2 and vintage Onkyo Integra bring these things to life.  I tried seeing when they started distorting.  I got scared at 50% and could only handle 75% for a few minutes.  I havent started fiddling with the eq.  I stuffed the spacer rings from my Hifi man 400's under the pads and they seem ok so far.  Thanks to this thread my thirst has been quenched.  Peace

Aug 26, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #1,332 of 4,826
SZ2000 + M55X-W white pads in action pushing serious bass SPL extreme air x2 videos

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/2010#post_10826766

Aug 27, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #1,334 of 4,826
  Has anyone found a HARD CASE to fit our SZ2000's?

Thaaaaaaanks

The astro A40/A50 case fits it decently, I've been using these for all my headphones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASTRO-Gaming-A40-A50-Headset-Case-Hard-Shell-Case-for-ASTRO-Headset-MixAmp-/161368918095?pt=US_Video_Game_Cases_Bags&hash=item259256484f 

Its only slightly bulging, but does fit nicely and zips easily.  It is a hard case too, so It protects decently.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #1,335 of 4,826
So I bought JVC HA-MR55X just for the pads. These ear pads make SZ2000's more comfy and to my surprise they increase bass quantity as well! I don't even have to use EQ now. They should've used some better ear pads for this headphone imo. $50 just to buy some proper pads(I mean different headphones lol) is ridiculous.

EDIT: Also MR55X sound like garbage. They aren't even that bassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back