JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 9, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #4,531 of 4,826
All you need to use my EQ is a Windows based PC with Equalizer APO installed. Go to your config folder where you install Equalizer APO and create a text file and insert the text I pasted above. Then load that text file as your eq configuration. It's easier than it sounds.

Nov 9, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #4,532 of 4,826
I used to use Equalizer APO when I was on Windows, and I liked it! But unfortunately, apps like that, require a service to run, in order to utilize the audio driver, that senses inputs and all that. And software of that caliber, simply won't operate under the Linux operating system. Considering that I was outputting to a TV that could also take other inputs, and output them optically through a DAC and then finally to a speaker system or headphone amp, I decided it was best to buy a hardware EQ box, and run it in the line just after the DAC, and before the amp, works great.

Nothing like a real hardware box that has the power to really EQ the crap out of something lol. And furthermore, 12-bands is enough for me, I don't need to equalize a million frequencies lol. But sounds like you really fine tuned your setup dude, good for you. I won't be able to test your setup, but maybe someone else here with Windows can.

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #4,533 of 4,826
Hey fellow bassheads, I'm having a purge sale and one of the items i'm selling is my mint condition JVC HA-SZ2000 with unused stock pads and optional MrSpeakers Alpha pads. Just thought I'd post a heads up in here in case anyone was looking.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #4,534 of 4,826
Hey fellow bassheads, I'm having a purge sale and one of the items i'm selling is my mint condition JVC HA-SZ2000 with unused stock pads and optional MrSpeakers Alpha pads. Just thought I'd post a heads up in here in case anyone was looking.

Are you seriously abandoning your headphone heritage as the ultimate basshead bada** on this forum? Let me tell you something, I came from speakers buddy, and I can tell you right now, they are no where near as good. Sure, you can plant a 15" sub woofer in your home that is strong enough to shake everything off the walls. Sure you can have a bunch of 3" to 6" satellite speakers to complement your surround sound system. But no matter how good your setup is, it will still lack the ability to produce minute details that a quality headphone can.

I was in the speaker game for most of my life man, I will never go back. After I got my SZ1000's, I first noticed the difference while playing Fallout 4. Not only was I able to hear proper midrange sounds, but I was also able to hear things like footstep sounds. And while its still surprising to this day, how a 2-channel headphone can produce surround sound, it does, and does it quite well. I don't know you that well, so please forgive me if I am being presumptuous. But it appears you are making a drastic change in your life, that might be motivated possibly by money troubles.

If that is indeed the case, recognize that I am in a good amount of credit debt, you won't see me selling my cans, no sir! There is always something else you can sell. Like, if you have 4 computers, do you really need 4, sell two of those babies lol. Once a basshead, always a basehead. Stick around dude, your an asset to this site.

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #4,535 of 4,826
Are you seriously abandoning your headphone heritage as the ultimate basshead bada** on this forum? Let me tell you something, I came from speakers buddy, and I can tell you right now, they are no where near as good. Sure, you can plant a 15" sub woofer in your home that is strong enough to shake everything off the walls. Sure you can have a bunch of 3" to 6" satellite speakers to complement your surround sound system. But no matter how good your setup is, it will still lack the ability to produce minute details that a quality headphone can.

I was in the speaker game for most of my life man, I will never go back. After I got my SZ1000's, I first noticed the difference while playing Fallout 4. Not only was I able to hear proper midrange sounds, but I was also able to hear things like footstep sounds. And while its still surprising to this day, how a 2-channel headphone can produce surround sound, it does, and does it quite well. I don't know you that well, so please forgive me if I am being presumptuous. But it appears you are making a drastic change in your life, that might be motivated possibly by money troubles.

If that is indeed the case, recognize that I am in a good amount of credit debt, you won't see me selling my cans, no sir! There is always something else you can sell. Like, if you have 4 computers, do you really need 4, sell two of those babies lol. Once a basshead, always a basehead. Stick around dude, your an asset to this site.

Lol. I appreciate your impassioned response. No, I'm not in any financial trouble, thanks for the genuine concern. I just ordered a brand new Emotiva amp to do both headphones and speakers. I know that no speaker system I'll buy will shake my head like the SZ2k, but I find myself using them rarely. I think I've just transitioned from a hardcore basshead to more of an audiophile basshead, meaning I still want some slam, but I also want great mids and highs with a open back type sound stage. Right now, my M1060's are giving me way more of that list than the JVC and I'm ready to move them along to someone who will get the joy out of them that I did. But as far as staying on site, I'm not going anywhere, just trimming the fat per se and zeroing in on what works for me.

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #4,536 of 4,826
Lol. I appreciate your impassioned response. No, I'm not in any financial trouble, thanks for the genuine concern. I just ordered a brand new Emotiva amp to do both headphones and speakers. I know that no speaker system I'll buy will shake my head like the SZ2k, but I find myself using them rarely. I think I've just transitioned from a hardcore basshead to more of an audiophile basshead, meaning I still want some slam, but I also want great mids and highs with a open back type sound stage. Right now, my M1060's are giving me way more of that list than the JVC and I'm ready to move them along to someone who will get the joy out of them that I did. But as far as staying on site, I'm not going anywhere, just trimming the fat per se and zeroing in on what works for me.

Your welcome, I've always looked up to you, glad your sticking around here. Besides, who else is going to school the noobs in how to EQ their cans properly? Well, as long as you don't start tube amping and rockin a turn table, thats fine. I draw the line there, and no further. lol

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #4,537 of 4,826
Hey, now that 2019 is right around the corner, does anybody know if JVC will be coming out with replacements to these cans? The largest can's that I've seen around, are in the 50mm range right now. There are a few of these JVC's SZ series cans left though with the larger drivers, (55mm) but they are heavily overpriced due to supply and demand, and I just don't see someone buying a 200 dollar can for 700 dollars. I'm hoping they come out with a new line for 2019.

Dec 30, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #4,538 of 4,826
Hey, now that 2019 is right around the corner, does anybody know if JVC will be coming out with replacements to these cans? The largest can's that I've seen around, are in the 50mm range right now. There are a few of these JVC's SZ series cans left though with the larger drivers, (55mm) but they are heavily overpriced due to supply and demand, and I just don't see someone buying a 200 dollar can for 700 dollars. I'm hoping they come out with a new line for 2019.

Sony have 70mm.. Sony MDR-Z1R

Dec 30, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #4,539 of 4,826
Feb 4, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #4,541 of 4,826
After looking at the latest comments in this thread I am considering selling my sz2000's. I barely use them and there are people in here that would get more use out of them than me. But at the same time I think as soon as I do that I will regret it.

Feb 4, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #4,543 of 4,826
After looking at the latest comments in this thread I am considering selling my sz2000's. I barely use them and there are people in here that would get more use out of them than me. But at the same time I think as soon as I do that I will regret it.

Yes you will regret it. From a previous post, I learned that you can still get large driver cans by other brands, but they cost an arm and a leg. And since the JVC 2000's are no longer made, it makes them a rarity. In another year they will become super rare, and in another year after that, they will become antiques. You can sell them if you want, but I suggest keeping them.

Feb 4, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #4,544 of 4,826
20181214_131128_HDR.jpg
I found this picture of them on my phone. This is at work...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back