JVC HA RX700 LOW BASS
Oct 19, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #16 of 19

actually i am a movie freek and i want to feel same theater experience at home ,i am ready for in-ear type also like cx300 II cx400 II or klishep s4 .I heared that cx400 and klishep s4 ,both had great bass and nice balance too .I really want to get a head phone or in ear phone for movies. please guide me.
Quote:
So you want to go from JVC to Sennhieser for more bass? HD212's are the only basshead can I can think of for them. The rest are geared for a more laid back sound, to me I like the majority of them but I'm not inclinced to say they are any good at bass.

Feb 24, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
[size=10pt]I haven't tried them with movies but if you want bass IMPACT and SLAM then the Auvio Retro's are hard to beat.[/size]

[size=10pt]If you're looking for bass extension then the Philips SHP2500 reach pretty damn deep for a pittance.[/size]

I agree on the Philips SHP2500. They are not very detailed, the highs are recessed but the bass is amazingly deep on this cheap cans! While the bass is very deep, it's not booming at all. The overall balance of this headphone is very pleasing, with nothing exceptional but nothing wrong either. The real weakness is the build quality : everything is made of cheap plastic and the frame makes crackling noises.

Anyway, this is by far the best sounding sub-30$ cans I ever own. 

Feb 24, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
I just like to feel it, probably gonna get SRH750DJ's next or something from Ultrasone.

Althought I prefer the tonal balance of the SRH440, the SRH750DJ have some of the deepest bass extension I ever heard. On some songs with bass notes under 30Hz, where I ear almost nothing with the SRH440, the SRH750DJ manage to reveal a great deal of subsonic bass, even under 20Hz.

Mar 8, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #19 of 19
Might I suggest the padding mod?  I added padding under the original pads for comfort, but it seemed to add some sound stage/bring out the bass more.  Also the felt mod seemed to clear things up overall too.  If you read through the ha-rx700/900 thread you would have seen that people suggested the 900's over the 700's for movies as I believe they said they had more sound stage and maybe more bass.  The 900's are around $50 last I checked.

Here is the thread that speaks of both headphones:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/375575/jvc-har-x700-and-900-two-of-the-best-dynamics-am-i-nuts/1185#post_7035046
Here is the felt mod thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/381303/jvc-ha-rx900-modifications-a-picture-tutorial-56k-forget-about-it
Don't worry the 700's don't have the acoustic lens thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back