JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Feb 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #2,491 of 3,271
I might be in minority here but for some reason even after listening to them for over a week, I'm still not sold on the HA-FXZ 200. They sound good, but I'm not getting all the bass that people have been singing praise about. I just listened to few songs on JVC HA-FX1X and 200s one after another (connected to Fiio E17) and the first thing I noticed is that volume on 200s is a lot lower, which means that they are harder to drie than HA-FX1X. . Though 200s sounds airier and have bigger sound stage FX1X seem to have more impactful bass. Given the price difference between the two ($30 vs $230), I was expecting to be blown away by the sounds quality but so far that hasn't happen. I would give 200 more time to burn in, after that they will be on FS forum and my search for ultimate IEMs (pounding bass with good mids and highs) will continue :frowning2:

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #2,492 of 3,271
Quote:
Don't look for real bass in IEMs, unless on those cheap ones that don't have mids and treble fidelity. Maybe you're a beats guy. If you're ok with those, keep them, otherwise if it's bass AND sound quality that you're looking for, get headphones. Here you'll get controled/textured bass (from what I read), not booom booom booom.

I already have headphone (Beyer DT900s) but I don't want to use them in office. As for Beat, I had the original Beats IEMs (got them as a gift) and I sold them even without opening them because I knew that I won't like them.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #2,493 of 3,271
I might be in minority here but for some reason even after listening to them for over a week, I'm still not sold on the HA-FXZ 200. They sound good, but I'm not getting all the bass that people have been singing praise about. I just listened to few songs on JVC HA-FX1X and 200s one after another (connected to Fiio E17) and the first thing I noticed is that volume on 200s is a lot lower, which means that they are harder to drie than HA-FX1X. . Though 200s sounds airier and have bigger sound stage FX1X seem to have more impactful bass. Given the price difference between the two ($30 vs $230), I was expecting to be blown away by the sounds quality but so far that hasn't happen. I would give 200 more time to burn in, after that they will be on FS forum and my search for ultimate IEMs (pounding bass with good mids and highs) will continue :frowning2:
earsonics sm64 are rediculously good...top to bottom

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #2,494 of 3,271
Quote:

Anyone?

I can't remember exactly, but I know it uses a better material. There are a couple of other changes to that would make you think the FXZ200 would sound higher end. That's the one I'm going to purchase anyway.

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #2,497 of 3,271
Just got my pair of FXZ200's and they're awesome. Much better in my opinion than the AT CKS1000's I had. The bass is so well textured and has great oomph - a lot of sub bass. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #2,498 of 3,271
Wow! Have you seen all the FXZ's in the FS thread ??? Seems they are not for everyone. I'm still rocking them at work and like I posting a few days ago I'm getting intoxicated by the bass quality that it make my other neutral IEM's boring and strange to listen too. I would never though so. I have to say that I have also changed my main rig headphone ( Beyer T1) to Denon D7000 so it could a factor in the equation. ;-p

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #2,499 of 3,271
Quote:
Wow! Have you seen all the FXZ's in the FS thread ??? Seems they are not for everyone. I'm still rocking them at work and like I posting a few days ago I'm getting intoxicated by the bass quality that it make my other neutral IEM's boring and strange to listen too. I would never though so. I have to say that I have also changed my main rig headphone ( Beyer T1) to Denon D7000 so it could a factor in the equation. ;-p

I'd agree the sound signature is very similar to the old Denon line. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #2,501 of 3,271
Quote:

I am only sellimg mine because i got the sm64's and ath ws99 in last 2 weeks, so something has to go.  And 90% listening time is while lifting weights, and they just dont stick well enough.  Sound wise, they are wonderfull

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #2,505 of 3,271
Quote:
anyone compare them to the gr07?

Caveat - while I've owned the GR07 MKII since last summer and they were as my dailies for a few months, I've only spent maybe a dozen hours listening to them since getting my 200s.  Unfortunately I'm in NYC until May and the GR07s remain behind at my home in San Diego, would love to try them out with my new Meridian explorer.  I've only compared them out of my DragonFly.

I like the GR07s - I think they're an excellent IEM, wonderfully detailed, fast, etc... still 2 fatal flaws for me - that straddling the sibilance area is something I never got over, even with hundreds of hours of burn-in.  I may be more sensitive to this than most, but I found it fatiguing for day-long use and was constantly having to fiddle with volume, it also may be the reason why I don't hear the 200s as being more than moderately boosted down low.  The second thing is the lack of depth.  To my ears the 200 is a remarkably coherent listen - the GR07 is faster and more detailed in most areas, but the 200s aren't all that far behind yet convey more body and depth, and dare I say, refined... just more natural.  I haven't heard the 100s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back