JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 15, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #586 of 3,271
I wanted to show u guys the crack that i saw after i dropped it.I'm certain it was cause by the impact of the fall. Because my right side doesnt have it. Maybe i didnt notice it before but was it initially there? This is on the left side of the earphones. After ard 5 hours of burning in, things seems to sound better , no sound distortion or some sort..

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #587 of 3,271
Quote:
Does the heavier housing of the FXZ 200 make it uncomfortable?

Not at all.  It's not ridiculously heavy.  It doesn't feel heavy when worn.
Quote:
I wanted to show u guys the crack that i saw after i dropped it.I'm certain it was cause by the impact of the fall. Because my right side doesnt have it. Maybe i didnt notice it before but was it initially there? This is on the left side of the earphones. After ard 5 hours of burning in, things seems to sound better , no sound distortion or some sort..

I notice that's where the seem is.  Looks like that's where the housing is glued together.  

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #588 of 3,271
It is weightier but they are not heavy..Very comfy and snug fit over the ears. Actually the design is brilliant. If you wear it over the ear. They form to your ear canal better. Or you can wear them straight down. either way.  At one point I was thinking wearing them straight down would yield more stage than wearing them over ears. Just because they stick out more so..But to be honest I can't tell much of a difference if at all..

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #589 of 3,271
Quote:

This is what I want to now, would a crack do anything to the sound of an earphone? Second...I don't think the drop had to do with the earphone's crack. Would the right earphone not get the same treatment as the left? Now I know the floor and a wooden chair are not the same thing, but my right jvc's earphone hit the edge of the chair pretty badly and it was not cracked anywhere.

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #590 of 3,271
Quote:
Quote:

This is what I want to now, would a crack do anything to the sound of an earphone? Second...I don't think the drop had to do with the earphone's crack. Would the right earphone not get the same treatment as the left? Now I know the floor and a wooden chair are not the same thing, but my right jvc's earphone hit the edge of the chair pretty badly and it was not cracked anywhere.

If the earphones are working fine and you like the sound and are not thinking about selling them, just forget about the crack and take good care of them from now on.  That is so, because no one will know if they cracked from the fall or if they were cracked before you got them.

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #592 of 3,271
Quote:
If the earphones are working fine and you like the sound and are not thinking about selling them, just forget about the crack and take good care of them from now on.  That is so, because no one will know if they cracked from the fall or if they were cracked before you got them.

You drive a good point there. I was just assuming the guy's earphone might have been like that since the beginning, hence not worrying about how the sound gets distorted or not. Then again we do not even know for sure and it does not matter. Two big factors like you said is if there is sound and if you like the music coming from the earphones.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #593 of 3,271
Wow, tears form in the corner of my eyes when I hear the glorious bass in this song through the FXZ100! 

Thanks for sharing!

Update: Oh no, i accidentally drop my fx200 and to my horror i could see a small crack on the magnet. Thankfully , everything still sounds normal and awesome as before, but maybe im wrong. What should i do guys?

Perhaps try uploading a picture and we'll help you out.

To be honest I would love to work for JVC.

Please send them your resume and ask for time to book an interview.  Life is short.  Just get a really basic position inside of JVC, once your foot is in the door, then you can approach the boss and tell him your ideas to take out Apple.

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know what, Dsnuts, I just don't see how JVC will be able to improve on this sound formula and technology a year of two from now, but I'm sure they will. Maybe use a combination of the carbon nanotubes drivers and the all wood driver that's in the FX700 (and some type of wood and brass shell). lol.. I want a percentage if you use my idea, JVC ...
tongue_smile.gif

Wow, natural wood + high-tech in the same IEM, I'd love it, it's like a carbon nanotube shotgun in a natural leafy green forest.

You know a couple of weeks ago I bought the UE900 (paid $400) and took it back to the Apple store after one night with it. The UE900 can't even sit in the same room with the Z100 (which is less than half of the UE900's price).

Thanks for the info.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #595 of 3,271
The FXZ200 has more bass but it is the sub woofer type bass.. If your interested in one of these. For you I would recommend the FXZ100. Those will have the lesser bass. Not lacking in bass but lesser of the two for certain..It is more of a traditionally balanced sound vs the FXZ200..Both have a grand sound that sticks to your ribs. Makes you think about what you heard..

FXZ200 I would consider it the ultimate 2.1 presentation for in ears. JVC tuned it like an actual 2.1 Which you have to be ready for. lol. Beyond just the bass it is how deep full tall and wide the sound is that will have guys slack jawed..It is all substance too and no filler. That is what the true kicker here is.

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #596 of 3,271
Which one sound more natural in term of timbre and tonality? Does the FXZ200's sub woofer type of bass overpowers any of the frequency? Does FXZ200 sounds brighter than FXZ100? FX700 is one of my favorite IEM because of it's natural timbre and detail texture. At the end, I sold it due to the isolation and the bass bleeds into the other frequency.

The FXZ200 has more bass but it is the sub woofer type bass.. If your interested in one of these. For you I would recommend the FXZ100. Those will have the lesser bass. Not lacking in bass but lesser of the two for certain..It is more of a traditionally balanced sound vs the FXZ200..Both have a grand sound that sticks to your ribs. Makes you think about what you heard..

FXZ200 I would consider it the ultimate 2.1 presentation for in ears. JVC tuned it like an actual 2.1 Which you have to be ready for. lol. Beyond just the bass it is how deep full tall and wide the sound is that will have guys slack jawed..It is all substance too and no filler. That is what the true kicker here is.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #597 of 3,271
Quote:
Which one sound more natural in term of timbre and tonality? Does the FXZ200's sub woofer type of bass overpowers any of the frequency? Does FXZ200 sounds brighter than FXZ100? FX700 is one of my favorite IEM because of it's natural timbre and detail texture. At the end, I sold it due to the isolation and the bass bleeds into the other frequency.

If your talking in a traditional earphone/ headphone wise I would go for the FXZ100. Now if your talking about a two speakers with a sub out back the FXZ200. I mentioned this before and I will say it again. The FXZ100 is less of a gamble and the sound is astounding. While it has a bigger than life 3D like presentation, it has the traditional balanced and natural sound most are looking for that don't stray too much out of boundaries. It will definitely give you a new experience while staying true to natural balance, timbre and tonality.  The FXZ200..The reason why you have to adjust to the sound is. The presentation is made for 100% immersion and the sub woofer element plays a big role in the sound. 2.1. The bass adds weight and substance to your music. Even more so than the FXZ100..See you guys gotta understand. This sound is not like a 2.1. It actually is a 2.1.

I ain't gonna lie here. You have to be  a fan of bass in your music to understand this sound. To get a good idea what I am talking about. Next time you guys are around floor speakers or a actual 2.1 or 5.1 set up. Listen to how that sounds..Now we are entering FXZ200 territory. .I can see guys making the mistake of hearing these and not getting into them because we are so used to how IEMs sound. As Currawong stated. Both these really don't sound like iems. The FXZ100 is closer to a headphone style presentation. I would say these FXZ200 is more like a speaker type presentation. See and what blew my mind was when I accepted that fact.

Cus up till now there was no such sound on anything I have ever heard in an earphone..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back