JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #168 of 3,271
Quote:
Yeah I pulled out of my first order, because they didn't have them stock like advertised. But now Amazon Japan Prime has them in stock. I'll probably order next Friday (just got the TDK IE800 dual drivers in - which I'm loving right now ), and will probably see the 1964 EARS V6 on Monday. So this train is slooooooow. Someone will probably beat me in ordering them at this point. I'm still debating if I will go for the 100 or 200 first. We'll see.

What benefit does Amazon Japan Prime have? Do they ship internationally or do you still have to use a shipping agent?

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #169 of 3,271
Just met up with Boleh7 for some sharing session. (he's a really friendly chap who is just starting out in this hobby, so go easy on him, guys
beerchug.gif
)

After auditioning his FXZ100     ...I'm like mind blown !
basshead.gif
   ...have not heard any iems or headphones sounds like that.

You guys loving the FX40 and later upgrading to FXD70/FXD80 will know the feeling, suddenly the FX40 doesn't cut it anymore. In this case after hearing the FXZ100, my FXD80 (or rather, all the IEMs/Headphones I have in my collection) just don't seems adequate. 

Words fail me to describe the sounds....

Previously, I was considering if the price was too high to pay for the FXZ100  ...not anymore, I now consider it compulsory to get the FXZ200 as well.

Please pardon the Lo res HP pictures - FXZ100 and HA-S500

We shared quite a number of our Toys earlier
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #170 of 3,271
Quote:
Just met up with Boleh7 for some sharing session. (he's a really friendly chap who is just starting out in this hobby, so go easy on him, guys
beerchug.gif
)

basshead.gif

You guys loving the FX40 and later upgrading to FXD70/FXD80 will know the feeling, suddenly the FX40 doesn't cut it anymore. In this case after hearing the FXZ100, my FXD80 (or rather, all the IEMs/Headphones I have in my collection) just don't seems adequate. 

Previously, I was considering if the price was too high to pay for the FXZ100  ...not anymore, I now consider it compulsory to get the FXZ200 as well.

biggrin.gif

THANK YOU!!!!! Next week I'm ordering.

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #171 of 3,271
Quote:
beerchug.gif
)

basshead.gif

biggrin.gif

How's the feel of it? How's the weight of those drivers? Don't they slip down while you move? How did you wear them? How's the isolation? And more importantly, how's the bass?

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #172 of 3,271
Quote:
How's the feel of it? How's the weight of those drivers? Don't they slip down while you move? How did you wear them? How's the isolation? And more importantly, how's the bass?

^This, they look huge. Also what about their mids? Are they recessed like the fxd series or the fx700? Is the treble harsh or smooth? If these are flatter and smoother than the aforementioned JVC phones (and don't have usability issues) i will have to make my wallet cry.

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #174 of 3,271
Quote:
How's the weight of those drivers? Don't they slip down while you move? How did you wear them?

Weight is not a problem. They come with a small headband that connects to each woofer, and they are held up nicely with no slippage.
See diagram -->
smile_phones.gif

wink.gif

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #175 of 3,271
Quote:

What benefit does Amazon Japan Prime have? Do they ship internationally or do you still have to use a shipping agent?

Just a cheaper price than some of the other stores on the website from what I can see. No, they do not ship internationally You need an agent.

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #176 of 3,271
Quote:
beerchug.gif
)

basshead.gif

biggrin.gif

Can you give a little bit more detail about the sound?

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #177 of 3,271
Quote:

If you've tried the XB90EX or CKS77 they feel very similar  ...i.e something sticking out of your ears, otherwise you don't really feel there's any weight as part of the phones rest on the outer ears.
Quote:

^This, they look huge. Also what about their mids? Are they recessed like the fxd series or the fx700? Is the treble harsh or smooth? If these are flatter and smoother than the aforementioned JVC phones (and don't have usability issues) i will have to make my wallet cry.

Quote:

Can you give a little bit more detail about the sound?

The bass is on par ...maybe a little more detailed/textured compared to XB90EX but not as overwhelming in quantity.
Mids are smooth, ....really, really smooth and you know how I'm very critical about mids/Vocals reproduction.
Highs / treble is something I have not heard before and really caught me by surprise, I never thought triangles, bells and snare hits could be this detailed. (and I know now that I have not lost the capacity to hear those high frequency
biggrin.gif
 it just that sub-par gears could not product those tones)

I'm really excited about them after listerning for 30 mins (not really long enough for a good impression) but I will reserve further comments until I get my own pair. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #178 of 3,271
Quote:

If you've tried the XB90EX or CKS77 they feel very similar  ...i.e something sticking out of your ears, otherwise you don't really feel there's any weight as part of the phones rest on the outer ears.

The bass is on par ...maybe a little more detailed/textured compared to XB90EX but not as overwhelming in quantity.
Mids are smooth, ....really, really smooth and you know how I'm very critical about mids/Vocals reproduction.
Highs / treble is something I have not heard before and really caught me by surprise, I never thought triangles, bells and snare hits could be this detailed. (and I know now that I have not lost the capacity to hear those high frequency
biggrin.gif
 it just that sub-par gears could not product those tones)

I'm really excited about them after listerning for 30 mins (not really long enough for a good impression) but I will reserve further comments until I get my own pair. 

I hope you don't mean smooth as sand. The ck10s that I have do that already :S. However, the highs and bass sounds very interesting...is it there any bass presence?

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #180 of 3,271
Quote:
It looks like both the FXZ100 and the FXZ200 are listed on amazon.com. Which means they can be purchased in US.

yeah but the sellers are the same as the ebay sellers and have too high prices... unless amazon or any other officials us distributor sells it, prices won't be reasonable and by reasonable I mean 150-ish...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back