JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #1,801 of 3,271
Do all of the types of MEElectronics tips fit? I noticed there's actually 4 types of double flanges offered by them
eek.gif
(in first picture at the bottom right are their version of Sennheiser-type biflanges):

TipSet10-M11-BK-MEE-2.jpg
TS3-DF-50-BK-2.jpg
TS3-DF-35-BK-2.jpg
TS3-DF-50-GY-2.jpg

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #1,802 of 3,271
Quote:
Do all of the types of MEElectronics tips fit? I noticed there's actually 4 types of double flanges offered by them
eek.gif
(in first picture at the bottom right are their version of Sennheiser-type biflanges):

Yep!

Dsnuts is right that the 200 is heavier (in weight) than the 100.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #1,803 of 3,271
Arghhh I hate Canada Post!!! They received my FXZ100 at 2 in the morning and couldn't get them out for delivery today lazy sonsaguns!!!

Oh and yes, it makes sense that the FXZ200 will weigh more because copper/brass is heavier than aluminum.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #1,804 of 3,271
Those in USA can get a few pairs of Sennheiser double flange tips in any combination of sizes for $7 from eBay here. I don't know if they're genuine, but based on the picture they used, the texture looks closer to the real Sennheiser tips (more glossy) than the MEElectronics version (more matte).

EDIT: Yeah, no idea if that's even how the ones they sell look... I suspect the seller might have stolen the picture from someone on Head-Fi.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #1,805 of 3,271
Quote:
Those in USA can get a few pairs of Sennheiser double flange tips in any combination of sizes for $7 from eBay here. I don't know if they're genuine, but based on the picture they used, the texture looks closer to the real Sennheiser tips (more glossy) than the MEElectronics version (more matte).

I bought those. havent tried them yet.  They dont come sealed at all so cant say if theyre legit.  Feel okay though, not really cheapy.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #1,806 of 3,271
Quote:
190€ + 70€ customs fees. 250€ total. Still much cheaper than a SM3 and better performance, especially bass.

Whats amazing in this thread is that not a single person has disliked them. That says alot.

Thanks!

Quote:
It was around $220-230 to ship to my Tenso address then another $20-25 to be shipped to my home address in the states so around $240-250 total for my FXZ200s.

Thank you!

Quote:

I believe FXZ200 is about $225-ish roughly, free shipping from Amazon to Tenso, and Tenso's fee + shipping fee (to Australia) was $25 total.

It's great, when I bought my FXZ100 from Amazon.jp on the 24th Dec, Tenso received the packet from Amazon on the 26th, then shipped it out the same day (I paid the fee as soon as I got the email from Tenso), and delivered to my door on the 2nd Jan - not too shabby considering that was Xmas/NY period

IKR? Much faster delivery than most domestic online deals, and much better than Amazon.com free super-saver shipping. Though $25 shipping is no joke on orders below $100 on a regular basis.

Quote:
So what do you know?!! I ordered my FXZ200 late on Friday (almost Saturday), and here it is sitting on my desk at 2:30 p.m. on a Wednesday! I think I'm really loving the Japan and its people even more so now! Thoughts and impressions to come soon.

I already expect much from Japan, but they still manage to surprise me.

BTW thank you for the FXZ200 offers but I still need to read more comparative reviews before I make my first expensive IEM purchase. As for the timbre/color/quality of the bass thump, I prefer the boomy, muddy, and loud sound of the Sennheiser CX400/500 series that resembles that of the much snubbed "car audio enthusiast" subwoofers.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #1,807 of 3,271
Ok, I broke my own rule and had a quick listen to the 200's before they are fully burned-in, mainly to make sure I had the volume setting on the amp correct. I don't want to ruin them before I use them! Anyway, my quick impression: ear tips that came with them out of the box fit very well for my ears. Good seal without being painful. The 200's are a bit heavier than both the Senn IE7 and TF10's I own but does not interfere with staying put in the ear canal. First thing I noticed sonically is the forward presentation. Everything just sounds closer from a distance perspective meaning it feel like the music is ''in your head"". Also, make no mistake, the 200 is bassy but mostly in a good way. I have never heard such low bass from ANY headphone! The bass is also of great quality which is pretty amazing considering how MUCH bass there is. Compared to the TF10's (which I listened to right after the 200's) the cymbals on some Karrin Allyson tracks do get a bit 'lost' due to the amount of bass but it's not because the treble is recessed but the bass grabs your attention. If you make a conscious effort to follow the cymbals, they are there and just as 'real'sounding as the TF10's but since the TF10's do not have the bass output of the 200's it makes the TF10 appear to have better treble but they don't really. I do hope that the bass settles down a bit during burn-in as it has only burned in for 24 hours at this point. Regardless, it's clear that the 200's are the best IEMs I have heard and so far I do not regret my purchase one bit! I'll post back on Sunday when they have 100+ more hours of burn-in.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #1,808 of 3,271
Quote:
Glad you did not take offense- none was intended..... Interesting - when i push them in deep, they get boomy, and the mids and treble get buried by the blurred, boomy one-note bass.  must be an ear-canal-shape thing.  what tips are you using?  I'm using the large, stock tips, especially with the 100s - both 100s and 200s are very sensitive to the ANGLE of insertion.  There's a sweet spot for me, where they become quite magical, especially with a good source (sonos p90 - Wireworld Gold Eclipse digital cable, Centrance Dacmini, AQ power cords and a Furman PST8dig power conditioner/distributor, e.g.)  

OK so I have been doing what shotgunshane said, not swapping the channel but just wear it over ear deep fit with Comply T-400 large, I found this to be more comfortable than swapping the right-left around, deep fitting, but this give me tighter bass (lesser sub-bass), smaller soundstage, and slightly laid back mids and highs - I'm starting to think that this is meant to be worn with shallow fit, because shallow fit is when I like the sound the most, but problem is the way my ear/canal is shaped, I won't be able to wear it shallow unless I am using a massive single-flange tips

I might just pull the trigger on the MEElec double and triple flanges and see if that can help

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #1,809 of 3,271
I think 24 hours is sufficient for any IEM to break-in, so do not expect much more substancial changes. Glad to know cymbals sound real though. The other guy must have had some tip issue. ; ) Thats why I always roll off tips so much when I buy a new IEM.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #1,810 of 3,271
Quote:
Well three days to arrive in Chicago. The whole process takes about four and half to five days. I would think it lands in L.A. first, but tracking always show the flight from Japan to Chicago, so Chi-town must be one of the international hubs for the entire country. Yes, it's quite fast!

+1

Took mine 8 days during Xmas and NY to go Amazon-Tenso-Perth, truly superb service

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #1,813 of 3,271
Lets see they are around $40 on Amazon Japan. With that shipped I can guesitmate around $15 or so for Tenso and shipping. That is a good deal. Currently there is a vendor on Ebay asking $60 for a pair shipped.. Around the same.. I have been eyeing a pair of these myself.

. Must... be... strong..

Jan 9, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #1,815 of 3,271
Quote:
Arghhh I hate Canada Post!!! They received my FXZ100 at 2 in the morning and couldn't get them out for delivery today lazy sonsaguns!!!

Oh and yes, it makes sense that the FXZ200 will weigh more because copper/brass is heavier than aluminum.

dweaver, mate,  I see you're still addicted. I thought you have learnt to control yourself already after the SHUREs. Sorry about your wallet
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back