JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody
Mar 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #151 of 578
  i haven't heard the FXT90 in a long time, but base on memory there's really no way to compare the two. The 850 is lightyears ahead.

Fair enough. It was a silly question. Still, could you maybe say how dependent on insertion depth those lightyears are? 
smile_phones.gif

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #152 of 578
I decided to try a set after the price reduction through Amazon. They are not for me. It's just too much to much. If you love chocolate, it's like going face first into a pool of chocolate and eating your way out. Too much too much.

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #153 of 578
I decided to try a set after the price reduction through Amazon. They are not for me. It's just too much to much. If you love chocolate, it's like going face first into a pool of chocolate and eating your way out. Too much too much.

If you are up for selling your HA-FX850's (I'm assuming that is what you are talking about) shoot me a PM...

If not, no harm done.

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #154 of 578

I consider the FX850 an audiophile basshead earphone. It's truly not for everyone, but if you're a basshead who wants one of the best overall sound signatures you'll ever hear, I think this earphone might be the one for you. This is what I was hoping from the FXZ200 and CKS 1000 (the latter came close). You still will have more than enough bass, but I agree with james444 that a shallow fit will help many appreciate the overall sound better. I love it! Does it displaces my other top tiers like the Cardas, H3 and AS-2? No, but it certainly complements them.

Does it make me want to get rid of the M200, TE-05, Doppio or Heaven V? No. And those IEMs don't make me want to give up the FX850. Happy listening. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #156 of 578
Sure I can agree it's a very good bass head iem, probably the best I've heard, which is not for me.  If one of the other models is a tamed down version, I'd certainly consider it, as timbre is very nice.  But probably the TE-05 is more up my alley.  I'll try it out once they start selling from North American dealers.

Mar 15, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #157 of 578
I will probably sell my Cardas. Not because I think it's inferior to any of these (top tier) earphones, but because I have too many now (lol). It's time to lighten the load again.

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #159 of 578
Lol. Don't say I didn't warn you. Rumor has it that the US-version will come with a free pack of Tylenol. :tongue_smile:  

lol .... The best head banger....well....since....

I mean this is good head banging.

I think you fellas, james444 and shotgunshane, would find the TE-05 outstanding! One of the clearest, transparent, and quickest dynamics earphones I've ever heard. And so natural and realistic sounding to my ears. It really digs down to unearth beautiful details, especially with string instruments. I wish I could find out more about the dynamic driver being used. It has a hybrid quality to its sound.

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #160 of 578
lol .... The best head banger....well....since....

I mean this is good head banging.

I think you fellas, james444 and shotgunshane, would find the TE-05 outstanding! One of the clearest, transparent, and quickest dynamics earphones I've ever heard. And so natural and realistic sounding to my ears. It really digs down to unearth beautiful details, especially with string instruments. I wish I could find out more about the dynamic driver being used. It has a hybrid quality to its sound.

Some of us, who do like warm earphones, also like bright and neutral.
I'm a big fan of neutral earphones with classical, and especially strings, looking forward to it when it finally ships.
I have the TE-05 on pre-order from B&H.

The FX850's should arrive sometime next week.

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #161 of 578

Some of us, who do like warm earphones, also like bright and neutral.
I'm a big fan of neutral earphones with classical, and especially strings, looking forward to it when it finally ships.
I have the TE-05 on pre-order from B&H.

The FX850's should arrive sometime next week.

True. The TE-05 isn't too bright, but it is quite neutral (with great bass).

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #162 of 578

Thanks, Eric. With dynamic drivers, I usually prefer open designs over closed ones. That's why I'm holding back on the TE-05.

The "j444 modded" FX850 aren't very far from neutral to my ears. Maybe a smidgen bassier than my K3003 with reference filters, but not much.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #164 of 578
I think biocell drivers in te-05 ...it has similarities to gr07 but better in every way :grin::sunglasses:...the fx850 is bassy but natural :sunglasses:

But why do you think it is biocell? Did you read that somewhere? Not saying it isn't, but just curious. And you're right, whatever the driver is, it is fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back