JVC HA-FX40 | Believe the hype!
Dec 9, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #16 of 226
Just ordered these along with a pair of SoundMagic E10's, one will be for my mom and the other for my dad. I'm thinking these for my dad. Plus side to this is I can try both of these IEMs! lol

What do you mean by an aggressive burn in? 

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #17 of 226
Just got these headphones today and they are amazing 

Pros
Bass is powerful
high clarity
cheap

Cons
the memory foam buds get a little warm after prolong use
the connector straight not r shaped

Overall very pleased with purchase

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #18 of 226
Quote:
Just got these headphones today and they are amazing 

Pros
Bass is powerful
high clarity
cheap

Cons
the memory foam buds get a little warm after prolong use
the connector straight not r shaped

Overall very pleased with purchase

Memory foam buds?

Do you mean you got memory foam eartips. I didnt get any with mine. Just normal silicone tips.

I use these while sleeping. Great deep base and comfort!

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #19 of 226
I decided to purchase one of these, and after a good 100 hours of burn-in I'll give these a test to see if they can compete against the MH1Cs (and the Philips SHE3580 and Monoprice 8320 if I can get my hands on those too).

EDIT: I gave these no more than 15 minutes of higher-than-average-listening level of music. Already in that time I felt that they sound more full. They sound less sibilant than the B2s.

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #20 of 226
I decided against these but after Xmas I just might order these for myself since they are cheap, 500hrs to burn in though is kinda discouraging

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #21 of 226
I just ordered a pair. Was disappointed with the SONY MH1, will see how this one turn out.
Oh and burn in is all in your head.

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #24 of 226
Me too. Amazon had them on Prime for $15.91....but after I ordered i noticed it said "Ships in 2-6 weeks"  DOH!!
confused_face.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #26 of 226
Quote:
Sycho,
   How did they compare to the MH1C? I have the 8320 and the Phillips SHE 3590 (not the 80).

MH1c destroys the HA-FX40s in every way. I have them burned in for 160 hours though. The FX40s are still sibilant, and they don't sound as full as the MH1c. They sound really bright, and have weak mids. The MH1c has really good bass response for my needs with a half-decent source, good instrument separation at the level of the Brainwavz B2, and have decent highs.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #27 of 226
Quote:

MH1c destroys the HA-FX40s in every way. I have them burned in for 160 hours though. The FX40s are still sibilant, and they don't sound as full as the MH1c. They sound really bright, and have weak mids. The MH1c has really good bass response for my needs with a half-decent source, good instrument separation at the level of the Brainwavz B2, and have decent highs.

I beg to differ. Apart from sound signature differences, the only thing that the MH1C has over the FX40 is maybe some refinement in the treble.

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #28 of 226
Quote:
Or you have gotten a pair of MEElectronics M6 or M9 for a little less.....you'd have a nice zippered case to use an ok pair of iems's and about 20 extra tips.
wink.gif

Very true. Got to love MEElec.

I've got several of those zippered pouches from 8 or 9 MEE phones I've bought over the years.

That being said, I am apparently on a JVC kick right now. I have purchased HA-S400's, HA-FXZ200's and just bought a set of these. Maybe these can be my sleeping buds. They look low profile enough. I have been using my GR07, but I really hate doing that because of the stress they are under with them hooked into my ears while sleeping. I've been searching for a good sounding cheap set I can replace them with.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #29 of 226
Yowza, these are BRIGHT.  This is beyond sibilance, frankly things don't sound that distorted, it just sounds like everything above 5kHz is amplified immensely!

Great clarity, but damn...

So, let's see if burn-in is a myth.  Will update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back