JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Aug 19, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #242 of 359
I've bought the HA-FX1X after owning the HA-FX101 for a week.   I have to say I'm pretty disappointed.  The sound stage on the HA-FX101 is much more balanced w/ a good mix of sub bass.  The HA-FX1X seems drowned and distant in comparison to the rest of my headphones.   I did burn in the HA-FX101 over the course of the week for an avg 10 hours a night using a mix of Pink noise and the Roots Double trouble on loop.   I have been burning in my HA-FX1X 24 hours a day since I first took them out of the box (This past Saturday 8/19/2013).   I'll report back and try them again sometime this week if there's any noticeable difference.  I had to actually install an EQ app on my iphone to bring up some of the higher freq's, but at this point im wondering if i got a pair of fakes.  I picked up my HA-FX1X's from Amazon for 15bux and also ordered a set of JLAB jbud double flanges.

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #244 of 359
Hello guys.
According to the FX3X you are worth the price twice the FX1X?
I'm Italian and I could buy on the FX1X amazon.it without problems ... or should buy FX3X?
Do you know a reputable seller for FX3X?

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #247 of 359
Thank you guys for your reviews about this! I'll check if it can be found in my local stores, otherwise Internet is my friend haha!

Has anybody compared it to the C300?

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #249 of 359
Ive been wondering the same, i think im going to get a pair of the Denon AH-C300 and compare them and review the Denon alone.

Let's do it together then haha, I'm waiting for my pair of Denon to come at home and I've just ordered a pair of FX1X for a friend, gotta give it a try!

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #250 of 359
Let's do it together then haha, I'm waiting for my pair of Denon to come at home and I've just ordered a pair of FX1X for a friend, gotta give it a try!

I got no problem with it lol. I have to return my FX1X's because they were DOA, the right earphone rattles when the bass hits hard... not good for me at all... i love when the bass makes my brain shake 
basshead.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #251 of 359
  I got no problem with it lol. I have to return my FX1X's because they were DOA, the right earphone rattles when the bass hits hard... not good for me at all... i love when the bass makes my brain shake 
basshead.gif

I hear you there for bass shaking!

I received the things today, gave them a try with my friend out of my phone. Still unburnt-in, but wow these are pretty good! A bit on the harsh side of mids and vocals (I think it's because burn-in hasn't been done yet?), but the bass was definitely here, impacful and wide, clean although we tried them without any amp. It was fun giving a ride to different genres of music just to see what it could achieve haha. These are bass-monster for sure, my pal will spend good time with them. Could improve a lot with earbuds customized to one's ear canal. 

In comparison with my Sony's iem (don't know the reference, it's a pair that came with my phone, well very good surprise by the way), the sound signature was a lot different. Overall the Sonys have a tad more clarity and dynamics, bass is of course recessed compared to the FX1X but it is here. It's the difference between hearing the bass thump clear, with gentle pushs in your head and feeling the bass slamming. 

BTW Couldn't you get a change? I didn't hear any rattle, maybe your pair was defective? 

I can't wait for my C301 to get at home, damn! :D 

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #252 of 359
  I hear you there for bass shaking!

I received the things today, gave them a try with my friend out of my phone. Still unburnt-in, but wow these are pretty good! A bit on the harsh side of mids and vocals (I think it's because burn-in hasn't been done yet?), but the bass was definitely here, impacful and wide, clean although we tried them without any amp. It was fun giving a ride to different genres of music just to see what it could achieve haha. These are bass-monster for sure, my pal will spend good time with them. Could improve a lot with earbuds customized to one's ear canal. 

In comparison with my Sony's iem (don't know the reference, it's a pair that came with my phone, well very good surprise by the way), the sound signature was a lot different. Overall the Sonys have a tad more clarity and dynamics, bass is of course recessed compared to the FX1X but it is here. It's the difference between hearing the bass thump clear, with gentle pushs in your head and feeling the bass slamming. 

BTW Couldn't you get a change? I didn't hear any rattle, maybe your pair was defective? 

I can't wait for my C301 to get at home, damn! :D 

When i first put them in they sounded kinda dark and warmer than what i was used to, kinda muffled maybe. I dont know if i just got used to them or if they loosened up a bit during the couple of days ive been using them regularly, either way it sounds kinda better and i think the bass is actually more impactful, when i first put them in i was disappointed by how little bass there was, but now , for whatever reason, they are more satisfying.

They are definitely defective, dead on arrival, DOA. The right driver is broken or something has come loose when shipped because the right side rattles. Im gonna get my money back, buy another pair here and save $7 
beyersmile.png
 The ones i got from ebay were either fake knock offs or just regular defectives. By the way, does it say CHINA on the pair your friend got? Mine says CHINA on the side of the headphone jack sleeve, can you ask your friend or look when you have a chance? Its a little hard to see, kinda small and can be easily missed, so be careful looking for it. I think that is a dead giveaway if it is a fake pair that i got, unless yours says china too.

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #253 of 359
Oh my god, so i was indulging my immense hunger for bass and i think you all need to listen to this song with you FX1X's. I am right now and the bass is literally so hard that i cant hear the lyrics or instruments. Im listening with my FX1X's and im pretty sure they are going to break from this crazy bass with the volume maxed lol, but im returning them anyways so might as well work them out. I dont listen to this stuff normally, but this is mad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ldtyCSdRb4
Seriously, try the bass on your cans and 'phones with that song!! ^
I think some of you might find this video interesting too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do5pISWHX7c

Can you imagine getting that in your car!? I just hate it when people drive by with their bass shaking my house, i would keep it to a certain level though.

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #254 of 359
Jan 11, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #255 of 359
When i first put them in they sounded kinda dark and warmer than what i was used to, kinda muffled maybe. I dont know if i just got used to them or if they loosened up a bit during the couple of days ive been using them regularly, either way it sounds kinda better and i think the bass is actually more impactful, when i first put them in i was disappointed by how little bass there was, but now , for whatever reason, they are more satisfying.

They are definitely defective, dead on arrival, DOA. The right driver is broken or something has come loose when shipped because the right side rattles. Im gonna get my money back, buy another pair here and save $7 :beyersmile:  The ones i got from ebay were either fake knock offs or just regular defectives. By the way, does it say CHINA on the pair your friend got? Mine says CHINA on the side of the headphone jack sleeve, can you ask your friend or look when you have a chance? Its a little hard to see, kinda small and can be easily missed, so be careful looking for it. I think that is a dead giveaway if it is a fake pair that i got, unless yours says china too.

I was worried about the copy thing too before opening because it was written "Made in China" instead of "Made in Japan" on the back of the packaging, and I bought it on Amazon FR to a guy who has sold them to hundred of peoples (various feedbacks, the great most of them were like it should, some were like the pair was defective and returned).

I couldn't find anywhere if the FX1X are made in China normally or made in Japan only just like the FX3X. I did check on details like the silver ring and stuff, now that said plus the song, I either got a very good copy for my pal or an original pair because I can't find any flaws yet. I will tell you when we finish burn in :)

I need to check the songs you listed too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back