JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Apr 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #226 of 359
Quote:
I still can't believe I lost these in the library
A person who took it probably thought it was Beats Tour because their cables look the same

Oh plz man... Some one Did Robbed my Sennheiser IE8's 2-3 years back.. hehe 
size]
 may be he's an audiophile as well (least to recognize them as IE8's ) 

So .... as for the JVC xx's im going to buy them for my Friend next Monday.... ill try them out and see.... hope they sound up to the hype 
size]
. Any way's just to let u Know that a seller here in Sri Lanka Sell's them for 10$.
ksc75smile.gif

May 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #229 of 359
Ebay has these for around $20.  However, they ship from China.  Any reason to be concerned about fakes?

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #231 of 359
I am also looking for a reliable legit source to order the HA-FX3X from. I've seen that there are a plethora of sites selling them such as Alibaba, Fasttech and others. I'm assuming these are all clones. One thing that concerns me is that the lowest priced seller on Amazon "actiontek" is just a sellers store and may not be selling authentic HA-FX3X either.

Does anyone know of a reliable reseller?

Thanks,

AF.

Jul 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #232 of 359
I asked JVC about the differences between the 1X and the 3X and they said there is no difference just the 3X is the Japanese version and not for sale in the US.  I have the 1X  and it's been my go to headphone for the gym and for bike riding.  The bass is just awesome for the type of music I usually listen to which is hard rock.

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #233 of 359
Quote:
I asked JVC about the differences between the 1X and the 3X and they said there is no difference just the 3X is the Japanese version and not for sale in the US.  I have the 1X  and it's been my go to headphone for the gym and for bike riding.  The bass is just awesome for the type of music I usually listen to which is hard rock.

They are separate models on the Japanese site. The 3X is the higher version with a better high end and some more refinement.

According to JVC Japan...

HA-FX3X

High-grade model of U.S. reimportation model "XX" series carbon diaphragm and metal body adopted.

and

HA-FX1X

Standard model that achieves deep bass of the force and sound insulation U.S. reimportation model "XX" series

They did what they usually do. Keep better stuff for themselves. Like the S500 is Japan only. They took the US model and added a slightly better version for the home crowd.

Originally Posted by Dsnuts 

The FX3X has more in common with the old FX1X more than the FX101. If you polished up the sounds of the FX1X that is what the FX3X sound like. A much cleaner more refined sounding FX1X. The mids are clean n full on the FX3X and the bass just as brawny as the FX1X but again cleaner and more controlled in this area over them.. Unfortunately these also have the similar peakiness in the upper mids lower highs that are also on the FX1X..If they didn't bother you much on the FX1X these will certainly not be worse than what was on the FX1X.

Jul 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #235 of 359
I'm just wondering if it would be safer to order the FX3X from one of the Japanese sellers. It looks like they run around 80$ shipped from Japan. I've been using the FX1X for a while now and love them.

Aug 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #236 of 359
Well I definitely went through a full range of emotions in this thread....I was screwing around on Amazon yesterday, looking for new cheap headphones as a stopgap until I get my TF10s fixed, and because I'm sick of sticking iPhone earbuds into my ears sideways.  These had great reviews, and the first couple pages on here seemed very impressed.  So, I decided to pull the trigger for $13.99 shipped.  How bad could it be.  Now, having read the whole thread, I'm a little worried.  Primarily because the seller was in HK, and I don't want any fakes.  Anybody who was unimpressed with these see any signs that they were fake and not the real deal?  If so, where did you order them from?  I was excited for these, but now thinking maybe I should return them for the 101s...any thoughts?

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #237 of 359
Well, just got them today, not sure what to say so far.  Out of the box...no.  No way.  I had to take them out.  My ears were bleeding.  But, I know the strict burn-in recommendation.  So they're doing that now.  They actually are best in the mids right now.  Accurate, spacial, and tight.  But...the bass is severely lacking, even with Complys and as far in the ear as I can get them, and base-booster eq.  Which I hate to do.  In fact, if I raise the eq on the lower frequencies any more, it just distorts, but no bass.  So far at least.  Highs are very harsh, although detailed for the most part.  I just hope the bass comes in soon.  That was the whole reason I got these, I wanted a base-heavy all-around IEM that I could use for the gym and also so I wouldn't have to kill my ears by shoving Apple earbuds in them sideways.  Surprisingly, honestly, the drivers in the stock earbuds are pretty good.  If I had those in the FX1X housings, I'd be pretty happy.  The JVCs are very comfortable so far, foam tips help.  But I'm missing that bass....

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #238 of 359
Something's wierd. No bass in Extreme Explosives?

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #239 of 359
Quote:
Something's wierd. No bass in Extreme Explosives?

Yeah I think something is up.  I would say they are fakes but everything, from the packaging, to the materials, to the instructions seems spot on.  Even some of the same sound characteristics that were generally described.  But no bass.  None.  Even shoved deep into my ears with either huge silicon tips or foam.  Hell I can go +6 dB in iTunes on low frequencies and all it does is clip.  Hopefully a burn-in improves them.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back