JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Nov 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #31 of 359
It seems the price for these are going up, I can't find them for under £20 in the UK anymore! I might be tempted to burn mine in now to see what they sound like but I think I'll give it a miss as I've got too many IEMs coming!

Not sure if I want to sell these JVCs to my friend anymore though, my main concern with these is that they're very very muddy but I haven't burnt them in at all as I've said.

Nov 18, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #32 of 359

Quote:
It seems the price for these are going up, I can't find them for under £20 in the UK anymore! I might be tempted to burn mine in now to see what they sound like but I think I'll give it a miss as I've got too many IEMs coming!

Not sure if I want to sell these JVCs to my friend anymore though, my main concern with these is that they're very very muddy but I haven't burnt them in at all as I've said.

The reason why is because of their popularity. These are finally being discovered. None of the Xtreme Xplosive stuff from JVC ever took off. I think these are starting to build up steam though. The headphones are truly terrible, but these earphones are different all together

I can tell you if you burn these in for a good 50 hours there is a good chance you will change your mind. These are crazy good after the burn in. These aren't detail monsters or anything audiophile but for bassy music these are just a blast to listen to. I would definitely try a burn in and try them again.

Nov 19, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #33 of 359
Just checking back in about the tri-flanges.  The small ones fit me pretty well and I don't find them that uncomfortable.  I could see how they may become uncomfortable after 4 hours or so.  The Sony Hybrid is more comfortable for me though. 

And yeah the SP-51 bass is definitely a lot more deeper but not as controlled.  I prefer the SP-51 sound over the Atrios...deeper fuller bass and more impact.  I don't know if the Atrios bass will become deeper with burn-in though...I hope so.

Did you ever A/B the JVC's with the SP-51's?  I see the price has def crept up on the JVC's...used to be $17 and now they're like $24.

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #34 of 359

Quote:
Just checking back in about the tri-flanges.  The small ones fit me pretty well and I don't find them that uncomfortable.  I could see how they may become uncomfortable after 4 hours or so.  The Sony Hybrid is more comfortable for me though. 

And yeah the SP-51 bass is definitely a lot more deeper but not as controlled.  I prefer the SP-51 sound over the Atrios...deeper fuller bass and more impact.  I don't know if the Atrios bass will become deeper with burn-in though...I hope so.

Did you ever A/B the JVC's with the SP-51's?  I see the price has def crept up on the JVC's...used to be $17 and now they're like $24.

Thanks for the info DnB...

Have not A/B'ed them yet.  I moved up to the metallic port on the SP-51 (working my way up to black).  Want to get a feel on the sig with each port.  Going to black in a few days.  The JVCs have gone up to $24 indeed.  About ten days ago they went down to $17 on Amazon (should have pulled the trigger for a backup).

I'm going to hold off on the Atrios for a little while then.  While I was debating on getting them, I ordered the VSONIC GR06 ($58) and received them a few days ago.  Awesome set, even for us bass lovers.

Thanks again.....
beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #35 of 359
Have you heard the GR07's? - I'm intrigued by the GR06's but have the 07's so don't want them to be a downgrade of overall presentation, if it's more of a sidestep then I'll pull the trigger for their price

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #36 of 359

Quote:
Have you heard the GR07's? - I'm intrigued by the GR06's but have the 07's so don't want them to be a downgrade of overall presentation, if it's more of a sidestep then I'll pull the trigger for their price

Not yet..They are on their way...
biggrin.gif

I was quite happy with the GR06 purchase that I started "my vsonic collection thread".....Nowadays, having so many options is just incredible with all the competition.  When I first joined head-fi there was not even a portable / iem headphone sub forum.  Everything was in the main headphone forum and we had about 10 to choose from....lol

I see the v-moda bass freqs are going for $9.00 now.  Five years ago I paid $45.  Still have 'em and use them at the gym, but right now having all these selections (and getting bigger) is just great.

Here is my GR06 delivery thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/580759/my-vsonic-collection-has-begun-first-up-gr06-thanks-head-fi

JVC & GR06 on the burnin' machine.  Gotta love portable DVD players with 2 headphone outs...lol.....Put a cd on repeat and let 'em roll...

Cheers!

Nov 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #38 of 359

Hhahaa, my laptop has 2 headphone jacks :D
Quote:
Not yet..They are on their way...
biggrin.gif

I was quite happy with the GR06 purchase that I started "my vsonic collection thread".....Nowadays, having so many options is just incredible with all the competition.  When I first joined head-fi there was not even a portable / iem headphone sub forum.  Everything was in the main headphone forum and we had about 10 to choose from....lol

I see the v-moda bass freqs are going for $9.00 now.  Five years ago I paid $45.  Still have 'em and use them at the gym, but right now having all these selections (and getting bigger) is just great.

Here is my GR06 delivery thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/580759/my-vsonic-collection-has-begun-first-up-gr06-thanks-head-fi

JVC & GR06 on the burnin' machine.  Gotta love portable DVD players with 2 headphone outs...lol.....Put a cd on repeat and let 'em roll...

Cheers!

Nov 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #39 of 359
Happy belated bday.  GR06 good for bass lovers and only $50?  Now you have my attention haha.  You know I'm going to ask this right....how does it stack up to the SP-51 haha?

As far as the Atrios, I still need a lot more hours of burn-in for them.  Will keep you posted..

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #40 of 359

Quote:
Hhahaa, my laptop has 2 headphone jacks :D

lol...Comes in handy indeed...

Quote:
Happy belated bday.  GR06 good for bass lovers and only $50?  Now you have my attention haha.  You know I'm going to ask this right....how does it stack up to the SP-51 haha?

As far as the Atrios, I still need a lot more hours of burn-in for them.  Will keep you posted..

Thanks DnB
beerchug.gif

LOL...You read that about the bass lovers...Well, they don't have the bass of the JVCs or the SP-51s, but the soundstage and presentation makes up for it....
biggrin.gif

I'm on the metallic port now on the SP-51s and the JVCs are still ahead in the bass dept.  I'll throw on the black ones in a couple of days for a bass head to head...The SP-51s are like having three phones in one.  The differences between the silver and metallic port are very evident.  Another solid purchase indeed...Again, thanks for the heads up.

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #41 of 359
Sorry I'm spamming your threads around HeatFan12, but could you give a detailed comparison between the GR06s and the FX1X? And if you have some RE0 it would be great if you can add that to the mix too (I know RE0 is a totally different category but well.. please?)
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm currently burning the FX1X now and I've just been slightly gutted in seeing the FX1X for just under £16, it seems I didn't search hard enough! oh well, it's less than £2 difference so in absolute terms it's not much, that's over 10% in savings though haha.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #42 of 359

Quote:
Sorry I'm spamming your threads around HeatFan12, but could you give a detailed comparison between the GR06s and the FX1X? And if you have some RE0 it would be great if you can add that to the mix too (I know RE0 is a totally different category but well.. please?)
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm currently burning the FX1X now and I've just been slightly gutted in seeing the FX1X for just under £16, it seems I didn't search hard enough! oh well, it's less than £2 difference so in absolute terms it's not much, that's over 10% in savings though haha.

How many hours do you have on your FX1X now Ulti? I'm probably nearing the 40 hour mark and it has really opened up alot. Compared to the m9, m11, m6 I like these a lot more (slight basshead). But the highs and mids on the Meelec's aren't substantially better at all to sacrifice the bass these can produce! I'm a happy camper at $14 bucks spent :D

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #43 of 359
Agreed. I think the negative reviews on these are the ones from guys that have no idea about burn in on these. It is amazing to me that the mids and highs pop out from open box on these.. After burn in they are a blast to listen to music with..

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #44 of 359
Only about 15 hours I'm afraid. I've not got another DAP to burn them in and I don't wanna leave my pc or laptop on for that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back