JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Nov 10, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #16 of 359

Quote:
You bought them Ulti.  IIRC, you are the trainman in the London underground that needed good isolation?  Maybe I'm wrong?  I have not changed tips and wear them straight down as well.  I quoted above that the clarity does suffer a bit due to the delicious bass, though.

Welcome to the thumpin' bass club sir...
beerchug.gif

Yup, got them for 18.50GBP, nowhere near as much of a bargain as you guys, I'll probably sell these to a friend who's a basshead. I couldn't get a good fit with the DUNU Tridents I mentioned earlier and I've returned them to Frogbeats for a full refund, very friendly customer service there!

I've now got the RE0s now and with the shallow triple flange from the Xears XSR330PRO/Xi200PRO, it seems to isolate the best amongst the earphones I have and I love the clarity. I thought they would be too neutral or analytical for my taste but it seems I quite like them.

Now this is a thread about the HA-FX1X so I won't say anymore about my other IEMs.

How long have you burnt in your HA-FX1X? I find these more muddy than the CX300s from memory (I haven't actively compared them). But this is with less than 5 hours of burn in time and bassy IEMs tend to burn in to having less bass and more clarity from what I recall.

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #17 of 359

Quote:

How long have you burnt in your HA-FX1X? I find these more muddy than the CX300s from memory (I haven't actively compared them). But this is with less than 5 hours of burn in time and bassy IEMs tend to burn in to having less bass and more clarity from what I recall.

I have about 35 hours on them.  Crazy, I tell you.  Hip-hop, EDM with some nice beats are incredible.  These sound like a full-size with the bass depth...Outstanding...

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #19 of 359

Quote:
I have about 35 hours on them.  Crazy, I tell you.  Hip-hop, EDM with some nice beats are incredible.  These sound like a full-size with the bass depth...Outstanding...

I guess I don't listen to many genres which are bass heavy and so they don't really suit my taste as much. The depth was amazing though and even at the price point of £17.49 or whatever it was, they're a brilliant buy! They're even cheaper for you guys in the US too!

Nov 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #20 of 359

Quote:
Curious minds, (well just myself really I guess hahaha), want to know how do they stack up to the SP-51 black plate setting?

Sorry I missed this earlier DnB.  Have not compared them yet.  Still using the silver plate.  Maybe in a few days I'll do a basshead lover's showdown between them....
biggrin.gif

Have you received the Atrios yet?  If so would love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers!

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #21 of 359
Should be getting them any day now.  Apparently I'll need about 100 hours burn-in for them to shine, but yeah I'll definitely be reporting back with the 2nd edition of basshead lover's showdown...Atrios vs SP-51.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #22 of 359
Oh yay. Finally a FX1X thread.. Dsnuts on board. Glad everyone is digging on your FX1X..

It is funny to me that when guys are looking for crazy bass for their bass heavy tunes.. Everyone on these threads will over look these. Yet these have some of the most Monsterous BASS on the planet for any headphone. Forward warm mids and highs that are intact..I remember suggesting these for a guy that was looking for something like these. But unfortunately there are many that think you need to spend $200 on a IEM that will give you the type of Bass these emit. Those can't sound good. Was a remark from one headfier.. But yes they do. 

If only more guys try these out..

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #23 of 359

Quote:
Oh yay. Finally a FX1X thread.. Dsnuts on board. Glad everyone is digging on your FX1X..

It is funny to me that when guys are looking for crazy bass for their bass heavy tunes.. Everyone on these threads will over look these. Yet these have some of the most Monsterous BASS on the planet for any headphone. Forward warm mids and highs that are intact..I remember suggesting these for a guy that was looking for something like these. But unfortunately there are many that think you need to spend $200 on a IEM that will give you the type of Bass these emit. Those can't sound good. Was a remark from one headfier.. But yes they do. 

If only more guys try these out..

I would have never gotten them if it wasn't for you, constantly spamming it :D Also because I was able to get it really really cheap with EPP. With that said, fit and isolation are decent but damn those red monster like cables.

As for the sound, after burn in of about 20 hours I must say they no longer sound as muddy and vomit mess. The highs/mids/lows are starting to separate. I will contain you update and maybe give a  non-audiophile review in the future.

And I cannot compare to any IEM's @ $200 or anything since I've never spent more than like $40 on IEM but I will hopefully compare these to the 750DJ [not a fair comparison] but its the only better headphone I have.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #24 of 359
Keep them on the burn they get really good after about a week I would equate around 50 hours.  The mids and highs pop out.. I know from open box you get mud city.. I am glad you like them. These are so much fun to listen to bass heavy tunes with..They are crazy.  Ya I would have to agree that these are more a guilty pleasure than anything audiophile but you know what.? Sometimes you just want to loose yourself in some silly bass. I can listen to something that has no bass on them like a AD700 but they only collect dust after a while or become my gaming cans.  I know many here at headfi are all about mids and balance and treble and detail.. You know what. When your getting into your bass heavy tunes.. Who cares.

For me it is all about that nasty eyeball shaking bass!!

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #25 of 359

Quote:
I guess I don't listen to many genres which are bass heavy and so they don't really suit my taste as much. The depth was amazing though and even at the price point of £17.49 or whatever it was, they're a brilliant buy! They're even cheaper for you guys in the US too!

Yea, I'm at about 20 hours of burn in and they are really starting to open up a bit more. If DSNUTS is right, then at around 50 they should really be nice. And if they do, I'd say it was the best purchase ever for $16 CAD I paid haha.

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #26 of 359
Ya around 24 hours and the mids started to be more forward.. The 3rd day of burn around 30hourish..The craziest thing happens. The highs just pop out. I have never experienced anything like it. I kept on burning them for the rest of the week but the highs appeared out of nowhere what was once so recesed was now forward with the mids.The bass still have the most presence but once you hear the forward warm mids and the highs that start to get definition and separation.. Throws a smile on your face.

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #27 of 359
Hey HeatFan.  I haven't gone the 100 hours burn-in on the Atrio's yet (about 10 hours or so now), but I do have some quick initial thoughts about them. 

First of all they're definitely bassy.  Using the monster adapter with Sony Hybrids makes for a quick and snug fit and more comfortable than the SP51.  SP51 takes time to get it just right so Atrio X gets the nod there.

As far as sound, I think SP51 might have just a tad deeper and boomier bass.  While the Atrio X separates sub-bass better, so is a bit cleaner sounding.  I find myself listening to more hip hop with the Atrio X's, and when I use SP51's I'll listen to more drum and bass.  Both have laid-back mids, but I think the Atrio X's are slightly more forward than the SP's...both are non-fatiguing to my ears which I really like.  I know the new mg7 drivers have more treble but I'm pretty happy with the treble the X's have and the music I listen to. 

After burn-in I'll give it a proper A/B comparison...too early to make a solid conclusion.  Basically I think SP51 has slightly more bass quantity and Atrios have a little better quality...to be continued....

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #28 of 359

Quote:
Yea, I'm at about 20 hours of burn in and they are really starting to open up a bit more. If DSNUTS is right, then at around 50 they should really be nice. And if they do, I'd say it was the best purchase ever for $16 CAD I paid haha.

It was $18.00 well spent on my end.  So much fun to listen to.

Quote:
Ya around 24 hours and the mids started to be more forward.. The 3rd day of burn around 30hourish..The craziest thing happens. The highs just pop out. I have never experienced anything like it. I kept on burning them for the rest of the week but the highs appeared out of nowhere what was once so recesed was now forward with the mids.The bass still have the most presence but once you hear the forward warm mids and the highs that start to get definition and separation.. Throws a smile on your face.

Great info nutman...Thanks

Quote:
Hey HeatFan.  I haven't gone the 100 hours burn-in on the Atrio's yet (about 10 hours or so now), but I do have some quick initial thoughts about them. 

First of all they're definitely bassy.  Using the monster adapter with Sony Hybrids makes for a quick and snug fit and more comfortable than the SP51.  SP51 takes time to get it just right so Atrio X gets the nod there.

As far as sound, I think SP51 might have just a tad deeper and boomier bass.  While the Atrio X separates sub-bass better, so is a bit cleaner sounding.  I find myself listening to more hip hop with the Atrio X's, and when I use SP51's I'll listen to more drum and bass.  Both have laid-back mids, but I think the Atrio X's are slightly more forward than the SP's...both are non-fatiguing to my ears which I really like.  I know the new mg7 drivers have more treble but I'm pretty happy with the treble the X's have and the music I listen to. 

After burn-in I'll give it a proper A/B comparison...too early to make a solid conclusion.  Basically I think SP51 has slightly more bass quantity and Atrios have a little better quality...to be continued....

Awesome DnB, thanks a lot, looking forward to your final comparison.  I know you have various tips, but how were the tri-flange stock on them?  No matter how much I try, I can't seem to get a good seal with any tri-flange.

Nov 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #29 of 359
TBH haven't tried the tri-flang stocks.  I went straight for the Hybrids because even using biflange's I tend to not to want to wear them for more than an hour.  But the nozzle on the Atrios is really small so may not be so bad.  When I was using the SP51 with the Hybrids I'd use the Mediums mostly, and the large wouldn't seal well at all.  With the Atrios the Large gives the best seal, and medium provides just an OK seal.  I guess the small nozzle allows me to fit the Large deeper and not have it feel uncomfortable at all.  Anyways over the weekend I'll post back and let you know about the tri-flanges.

PS - ended up getting them for $34.99.  They were $44.99 on buy.com then I used a $10 credit with them...pretty happy with my purchase
smile_phones.gif

Nov 17, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #30 of 359

Quote:
TBH haven't tried the tri-flang stocks.  I went straight for the Hybrids because even using biflange's I tend to not to want to wear them for more than an hour.  But the nozzle on the Atrios is really small so may not be so bad.  When I was using the SP51 with the Hybrids I'd use the Mediums mostly, and the large wouldn't seal well at all.  With the Atrios the Large gives the best seal, and medium provides just an OK seal.  I guess the small nozzle allows me to fit the Large deeper and not have it feel uncomfortable at all.  Anyways over the weekend I'll post back and let you know about the tri-flanges.

PS - ended up getting them for $34.99.  They were $44.99 on buy.com then I used a $10 credit with them...pretty happy with my purchase
smile_phones.gif

Thanks for the info.  Wow, that's a great price.  I have them in my cart at Buy.com (44.99) & Amazon (50.00).  I have an Amazon gift certificate though....Tough decisions....Get it at Buy and use certificate for something else?  Decisions....Decisions...

Thanks again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back