Just thought I'd share this...
Jun 12, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #61 of 69
After I bought my wife an iPod Mini, she decided that she needed new cans. She bought a set of SR125s from our local high end store. Then she decided that she needed an amp to go with the cans to tame the high end of the headphones a little (I kid you not, I'm paraphrasing, but not by much!) That was my department.

So now she wanders around the house with headphones and a tiny amp velcroed to the back of her iPod. And now that she's just as addicted to this stuff as me, I guess I'll have to change my sig.

Jun 12, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #62 of 69
Excellent team, drewd!(and that kitty is teh cute, it yours?)
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 12, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #63 of 69
The DT880 is labelled "DT880" below the headband.

A person who sees you wearing them may not know what they are, but if they are close enough they can see the labels "beyerdynamic))))" and "DT880" on each side.

Jun 12, 2005 at 11:57 AM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphie
Bleh, read my previous post, your comment was already said by someone else and answered by yours truly.

Yes, God of Getting Women Morphie has spoken and his word is not to be questioned!
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 12, 2005 at 12:00 PM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
The DT880 is labelled "DT880" below the headband.

A person who sees you wearing them may not know what they are, but if they are close enough they can see the labels "beyerdynamic))))" and "DT880" on each side.

Hehe, interesting how a little logic and reason can negate pages and pages of what is useless wondering anyway. Good observation Elephas, now lets hope it isn't what happend, otherwise there really is no hope for men that need head-fi-compatable women.

Jun 12, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #67 of 69
screw logic, screw theories . . dun spout about and try to rationalize a gender . . . go talk to em instead! =) Paragraphs filled with empty words mean nothing, only those that come from the mouths of the experienced, which I bet not all of you are. Even then, what works for one person doesn't work for all. Trying to figure out women through studies and "reading" isn't gonna be a s helpful as actually having contact with them. Now lets all go get significant others! (j/k)

Also, dt880s are natural attractors. When I had em, more girls smiled at me and stuff. Or laughed under their breath, either way.

Jun 13, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #69 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
Good point, but you can't play every kind of music on even 3 grand pianos, am I not correct? It is deffinitly better to be able to make music live, but I would think most people would just want to sit back and listen to music a good amount of the time, or listen to an entire symphony orchestra, that can not be recreated with three pianos.

I would have the pianos as a relaxing hobby and the Hi-Fi stereo as a relaxing entertainment, both cannot cover all situations.

Ahh...very good point. What you say is VERY true. Unfortunately, I'm the person who knows how to appreciate all types of music genres... I love Jazz, Classical, Pop, Rock etc... As for my wife, she is very boring when it comes to music. She likes only mainly Classical piano only music e.g. Sonatas etc... However, she does have a very expensive taste in good speaker system.... I think she is not too pleased with the headphones' ability to reproduct the soundstage...

Oh well...cie la vie... At least, she is supportive of my current hobby, high end headphones...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back