Just recieved my AKG K240 MKII's and...
Sep 8, 2011 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mrlolftw

Head-Fier
And i LOVE THEM! Thank you guys so much for helping me make this decision. Theyre incredibly comftorble, and even without being amped sound INCREDIBLE! Tonight ill try amping them with my Onkyo receiver and see how much nicer they can get. Theyre so light you cant even feel them on your head, and suprisingly, very little noise leaks out! Ill use them for a week and get back to you with my first review. Thank you guys for helping me make this decsicion. I LOVE THEM! :)

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
put velour pads on, amp them and they sound so gooood....but their bass make me sell them

What didn't you like about their bass? I've found that these headphones would be quite neutral if it wasn't for their slightly boosted bass. The bass gets even better with amping too.

I always found that the AKG K240 Studio (and MKII..same thing) were very under-appreciated around here. Seriously, you get a very well balanced and comfortable headphone for under $70 and that's still not enough for people to take notice. I even prefer them to my Sextett which sounds less clear for some unknown reason.

K240 Studio does need an amp, but they're not bad for use without one for short periods of time. You can also buy velour pads for them. The ones that the K271 uses will fit. The K240 Studio also comes with a removable cable.

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 10
Fantastic headphones and very under-appreciated on Head-Fi. Congratulations!

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Seriously, you get a very well balanced and comfortable headphone for under $70 and that's still not enough for people to take notice.

Where can you get them for under $70? ill return mine instantly and repurchase 2 pairs for that price. I just got mine a few weeks ago from amazon for around $150.

I too love them.

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #7 of 10

Sorry, it was late and I should have mentioned that my pair was an open box/like new pair from American Musical. Got them about a year ago so prices may have changed. They're still around $99 for the K240 Studio. The Studio is the same as the MKII, but the MKII comes with extra cables and pleather and velour pads I believe. The velour pads are usually $30. The MKII might be built a little better though, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Where can you get them for under $70? ill return mine instantly and repurchase 2 pairs for that price. I just got mine a few weeks ago from amazon for around $150.

I too love them.

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #8 of 10
The K240 Studio's were my first headphones before I even got into head-fi!

This was back when Bose Triports were the rage and I just knew I could get something better for the money!

Enjoy the neutrality man, I got them over HD280 Pro's

Sep 10, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #9 of 10
Hey guys, well i've owned them for about 4 days now, and all i can say is wow. Infact, im at the moment writing a review. Shall post link soon!

Sep 10, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #10 of 10
Review is UP!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/571084/mini-sort-of-review-on-the-akg-k240-mkii-s-by-a-year-9-student

Users who are viewing this thread

Back