Just received my Westone W2's
Dec 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Asmodeuss1990

New Head-Fier
They're pretty freaking awesome... however I'm slightly disappointed. I didn't read too hard into the part of the review where bass is pretty much very low. Me being a lover of bassy IEMs I found myself a bit bummed because I NEED to feel that rumble in my ears. Why? Well, I'm a massive fan of stoner and doom metal. All the awesome riffage dude. I feel somewhat stuck with these because I'm someone who works a minimum wage job. I previously owned Vsonic GR07's but they died on me because I'm an idiot who didn't treat them very well (kept them rolled up in my pockets too many times).

If I get another pair that is under the 300$ price range who high quality sound AND really good bass what would you guys suggest?

Dec 6, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 20
  They're pretty freaking awesome... however I'm slightly disappointed. I didn't read too hard into the part of the review where bass is pretty much very low. Me being a lover of bassy IEMs I found myself a bit bummed because I NEED to feel that rumble in my ears. Why? Well, I'm a massive fan of stoner and doom metal. All the awesome riffage dude. I feel somewhat stuck with these because I'm someone who works a minimum wage job. I previously owned Vsonic GR07's but they died on me because I'm an idiot who didn't treat them very well (kept them rolled up in my pockets too many times).

If I get another pair that is under the 300$ price range who high quality sound AND really good bass what would you guys suggest?

Since they are awesome, Westone 3 has some decent bass, on sale on amazon for $179 (probably cheaper than the W2 you purchased) If you want rumbling bass maybe look at some portables.

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 20

If I were you I'd get another pair of GR07's. I think mine have awesome tight, slamming bass. You can get them for $130 at Lendmeurears.com

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #5 of 20
  Dude! I didn't know of this website. Sweeet!

I should clarify... I have the GRO7 BE, and have not heard the non-BE version. Which one did you have before yours died?

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 20
Westone 3 in your price range, good bass and great bass impact, good clarity and highs, neutral mids, good soundstage width and depth.

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #7 of 20
Buy a pair of MTPCs and call it a day.  Seeing people offload them NIB for less than $100 is ridiculous.  I remember the days when they were over $300.  

Dec 7, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #9 of 20
The price of the W3 has really come down recently, I picked one up for $160 a while back..W3 does have top tier universal sound with a lot of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back