Just ordered the Matrix M Stage
Oct 26, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #19 of 27
Dear PelPix: what is your purpose?   The certificate date is from 11-01-2010 to 10-30-2011
Anything Wrong?

More important, Every our buyer is happy!

Here is the Chinese Version:

Oct 26, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #20 of 27

Quote:
Dear PelPix: what is your purpose?   The certificate date is from 11-01-2010 to 10-30-2011
Anything Wrong?

More important, Every our buyer is happy!

Here is the Chinese Version:

I think the concern here is that hlly cloned the Little Dot amp the certificate looks like it was made on power point and people here have no issues with JTam and you also are throwing in free amps tha cost almost 200.00 There is a concern for people that the matrix is not a counterfeit reproduction. If the offer is too good to be true usually I stay away from such products as most times they are not up to standards.o explain how do you make a profit selling two amps shipped to US and make money.

Oct 26, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #21 of 27
Just made the order thanks to you! Good and bad
wink.gif
And thanks to someone saying Hlly shipped the matrix with one of their own amps. Can't wait for them to arrive!

Quote:
The Matrix M-Stage arrived this morning.  I've been listening to it for a few hours through my K701 and so far it sounds amazing.  Here are some initial impressions:

Its bigger than I expected.  Its long, thick, and built like a tank.  Very sturdy, well made product.  It runs a little warm, but so do a lot of electronics so thats not a big deal.

As far as sound goes, my AKGs sound better than they ever have.  The Matrix adds a great punch to the low end.  All of my EDM songs slam a bit better, and the bass extension is much more impressive.  I'm hearing bass lines that I didn't hear before because the K701 wasn't getting enough power.  Songs that I also thought were sibilant are no longer so, and the entire spectrum of sound seems much more refined.  Soundstage has opened up a bit, providing more depth than the headphones originally did.

So far, I'm loving this amp.  I have no regrets choosing this for my first amp, and my AKG K701 sound better than they ever have.  In another review, someone stated that the Matrix makes the K701 "come alive" and that describes this pairing perfectly.

After some more extensively listening, I may write another extended set of impressions in a new thread.
Thanks Head-fi, for pushing me towards the audiophile path.

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #22 of 27

I'm sure you'll love it! 
k701smile.gif

Quote:
Just made the order thanks to you! Good and bad
wink.gif
And thanks to someone saying Hlly shipped the matrix with one of their own amps. Can't wait for them to arrive!

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #23 of 27

ev01ut10ndt said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

very cool. I just got mine today and I think you'll very much like it. I posted my initial impressions over on the Matrix mstage thread in case anyone is interested. Very neutral amp....highs are a bit shrill at this point even on HD650s, but I hope burn-in will help it out. No more sennheiser veil!

I look forward towards hearing how the ibasso compares to the mstage...a built in hp out versus a dedicated one.

It is exactly what I need, Now I understand more about it, Thanks for your explanation! Nice writing.

Dec 5, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #24 of 27
I have a similar setup to you (iBasso D10 with topkit and K702).  I actually ordered my amp with the OPA627 class-a mod installed which a bit of a mistake in hindsight.  With the D10 the results were very shrill even after a few hundred hours burn time on the amp.  I was considering ditching the Matrix but had a thought to change it back to the stock amp and now I'm a happy boy once more.  

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #25 of 27
question, i have a hifiman hm602 and its now connected to a matrix m-stage...

my question: at what level do i have to have my hifiman HM602? max? middle? 8? whats best level to have the best sound possible...

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #26 of 27
This thing is SO SO awesome. I used to run with a HeadRoom Micro (older one) and a Gilmore Lite, it beats the Micro, I think it's just a tad bit better than the Headamp Gilmore Lite. The RCA's and balanced output do give it the edge though for sure and the price with shipping + delivery time beat it.

I absolutely adore this amp and if you run just a simple Little Dot MkII in pre-amp mode, you have a friggin killer setup for Grados, HD600's, and Denon D5000's from what I can tell. I've had mine for a week and I've got nothing but songs of praise for this and the Mini-i DAC.

I have an iBasso D3+ which was my go-to desktop setup (ibasso's are very clever little things), and I get a much cleaner signature than the iBasso which was a little on the bright side but completely tolerable for the benefits it gave me.

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #27 of 27
Just bought myself a darkvoice 337 to cope with the power for the he500...now i need to sell my best friend..my class-a opa627 modded matrix m-stage as my wife dont want much equipment around house :mad: it did wonders with my he300 and even with the he500 it did well! Its the perfect little amp on this side of 500 euros! I will miss him.as he always went with me in a laptop bag..i wont be doing that with my new 337.. As its 17 kg heavy..hahaha :xf_eek:

Anyone interested..i bought it last year in december..and the opa mod i bought in march.
Sorry guys..my beloved mstage got sold today :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back