Just Ordered Shure Black Foam Sleeves
Jun 16, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #166 of 193
I see on the earplugstore that there average size tips, these are mediums right? I would assume they are but I just want to make sure. I cannot choose any other sizes

Jul 7, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #167 of 193
hate to pull this thread out form the dead, but if i find the medium soft-flex (the gray ones) to be a bit too big (causes pain after a little while) should I go for the small black foamies?

the yellow foamies fit well and the small soft-flex (gray one) fit well too - i use the small soft-flex over the other ones.

Sep 21, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #168 of 193
I think the question hasn't been answered yet, although someone asked, so I ask again:
Do the black foam tips fit the Ety 4P/S? Because I am looking for something more comfortable to replace my triflanges....

Sep 23, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #171 of 193
Yeah, I liked the idea of the triflanges too. But I found them uncomfortable as hell at the beginning (first day). I have now somewhat adjusted to the triflanges, but I still ordered them... With the strong Euro at the moment, it's not a big loss anyway^^. And I'm just waiting to try out the olive oil... Only I mustn't let my mum catch me, lest she thinks I'm really weird :wink:... Anyway, I hope the olives fit, since the stem of the Ety ER-6i seems a lot shorter than on my ER-4Ps...

Oct 17, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #172 of 193
Quick question
smily_headphones1.gif
I use the small bi-flanges that came with my er6i's and anything else is just too big. Should I go with the smalls when I buy shure black foam tips? Thanks! Also, these fit the UM1's and ER6i's right? Those are the two I would possibly be using these with.

Oct 17, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #173 of 193
Tough call. The small Shure olives are really small, and their softness really could be a problem in getting a good seal (when compared to the bi-flange). I just sent out a small pair (I bought them and use mediums) to someone who is sending me a medium pair in return. It's not an easy decision. At one point, I was using a small in one ear and a medium in the other, but the small just always felt like it was gonna fall out. So back to a "balanced" approach. And yes, the olives fit any phones that have the thinner tube (Etys, Atrios, UM1s), as opposed to the fatter tube (e2cs, Denon C700s, Vibes, etc.).

Edit: On the other hand, if you can use the small flanges, the small olives may be for you. I'd say getting the right size for the olives has been a big issue for many on Head-Fi. A lot of swapping going on.

Oct 17, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #174 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tough call. The small Shure olives are really small, and their softness really could be a problem in getting a good seal (when compared to the bi-flange). I just sent out a small pair (I bought them and use mediums) to someone who is sending me a medium pair in return. It's not an easy decision. At one point, I was using a small in one ear and a medium in the other, but the small just always felt like it was gonna fall out. So back to a "balanced" approach. And yes, the olives fit any phones that have the thinner tube (Etys, Atrios, UM1s), as opposed to the fatter tube (e2cs, Denon C700s, Vibes, etc.).

Edit: On the other hand, if you can use the small flanges, the small olives may be for you. I'd say getting the right size for the olives has been a big issue for many on Head-Fi. A lot of swapping going on.

Thanks a lot
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll be getting some this weekend most likely.

Oct 17, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #175 of 193
Have you tried any other Shure tips? I used the small rubber ones and they fit perfectly. Bought the medium foamies and they were too big, ended up giving them away and bought smalls, and they are perfect for me.

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #176 of 193
So I guess these DO NOT work on the Denon C700's ?

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #177 of 193
You may try to enlarge them with a screw driver, or remove the plastic tube.

Oct 23, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #178 of 193
i saw these foam tips when they were released and really wanted them, only recently though i found a shop in the uk that sold them for a reasonal £ price.

as i used yellow foams before as they gave the best comfort and fit out of all the tips. i then read the medium black foams are equivelent to the yellow foams.

just tried on my medium black foams, and well nooo they are not equivelant. they are a fair bit bigger, or they might just look like it because ive have my yellow foams for nearly a year (i dont listen as often as i should due to my ears hurting after a while even with the foams).

any advice on if i should try out the small black foams? id need to sell or swap these medium ones first though.

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #179 of 193
Hi Taran - I would say try the small black foams; I owned e4gs and now se530s and previously used the medium yellow foams so assumed the medium black foamies would be the same. Same problems as you, I found them a bit too big to be comfortable and I also noticed that the extra size meant the treble roll-off was exacerbated. I switched to small black foamies and could not be happier: great comfort, excellent isolation and the treble is back where it should be! Hope this helps.

Nov 4, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #180 of 193
aright well i baught the smalls, they still a tad tight making my ears hurt somewhat.

since owning my 4's ive only used the yellow foams, for nearly 2 years, not everyday use mind you and you can see how they have compressed significantly.

in comparison to the small black foams, it makes the black foams look huge.

DSC00133.jpg

any ideas, should i cut down the black foams a little or just give up with in ears.

after all my time of owning, the yellow foams are most suitable for my ears but when i first had them they did hurt too.

depressed because my senn hd595 are so comfy but i just love the sound of the e4's, but not their comfort. maby they might have to find a new home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back