Just Ordered Shure Black Foam Sleeves
Mar 7, 2007 at 10:17 AM Post #76 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2
Comply are expensive, they last really short (2 weeks) and with them E500 sound really poor.
When will new shure foams appear at ebay.com? earhonesolutions.com doesn't ship to Poland
frown.gif

I believe earplugstore.com ships to Poland, they don't have these black shure foams yet though. I wonder If I could use the shure foam tips if I removed the plastic core and tried really hard to fit them on my super.fi 5
etysmile.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #78 of 193
what is FOTM? f...oamies of the month? f-ing trends of the month?

anyways on the few chances that i actually can get foamies in while pulling my ear, i get them in notably further and the bass response is increased. although my right ear pushes the phone out while expanding even after holding it in for 15 seconds.

how far are you guys getting them in?

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #81 of 193
I didn't mean anything bad by the comment, as I've never even seen them in person. (in fact, I'll probably grab some at some point when I need some new foamies) All I meant was that they've generated a HUGE amount of interest in a very short time. They seem to be the popular item around here right now. And yes, the interest in them will eventually die down as people have tried them and posted their comments. And then something else will come along. It's a natural progression.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #84 of 193
So what's the verdict here? Do they isolate better than any of the Shure fittings? Do they sound better than the black flex fittings? Can they be used on UE's?

Brendan

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #85 of 193
i ordered Complys a few months ago and were extremely disappointed with them.....one of them broke off the bat (defective plastic), and those that i did manage to slide on my e500s just lost bass impact and didn't isolate nearly as well as the yellow Shure foamies. i'm really interested in these black foamies, but i don't know if i should buy medium or large.....i use the medium clear flex and the yellow foamies, but i'm wondering if medium is too small, since these are foamies and they need to expand somewhat to form the seal without getting that weird "stuffy head" feeling that you get from the black or clear flex sleeves.

yellow foamies = black medium foamies, size-wise? judging by the pic, the medium black foamies look markedly smaller in diameter than the yellow, and the large black foamies look almost identical in size, so why shouldn't i get large?

is it that these are kind of like the grey and clear flex sleeves, only that they're softer, easily compressed, and more comfortable? the yellow foamies form a seal in a different manner than the flex sleeves, in that they don't need to be pushed in as far since the foam expands.

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #86 of 193
Okay, took a chance and ordered the medium ones from earphonesolutions a few days ago. They were out of stock, of course, so I figure they'll send them as soon as they have them in stock again (hope that's how it works).

About sizes again. It was said earlier that the medium black foam would be a good fit if the medium flex sleeves fit. Now I just discovered I have four sizes of flex sleeves: small, medium-small, medium-large and large, and the medium-small flex is the one that almost fits me (it goes in, but is too big), and the small is too small. I'm wondering if I should've ordered the small black foams as well. Would be bad to keep experimenting when the shipping is $20 per shipment
confused.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #87 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what's the verdict here? Do they isolate better than any of the Shure fittings? Do they sound better than the black flex fittings? Can they be used on UE's?

Brendan

Well I just received mine (large) and I noticed immediate improvement with isolation and seal. Which in turn greatly improved the sound quality. I can't believe it either but they did! I do have slight discomfort with the large size but I do have the right seal for my ears.

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #88 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I just received mine (large) and I noticed immediate improvement with isolation and seal. Which in turn greatly improved the sound quality. I can't believe it either but they did! I do have slight discomfort with the large size but I do have the right seal for my ears.

do you usually use medium flex sleeves? i'm curious, because i don't want to drop $15 on larges when mediums might fit me better....

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #89 of 193
Get the mediums, the large "fit" but give me some discomfort after extended use. I just ordered mediums, my concern will be achieving the same great seal I have now.

Mar 8, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #90 of 193
If you order a new pair of e500 from sure do they include black foamies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back