Just ordered: ATH-M50 & Sansa Clip+
Mar 18, 2011 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

gamersince1976

Head-Fier
After several weeks here and a couple posts I've decided to take the advice I've been seeing all over the place and order both of these.

And because I have no patience to wait for "Free Super-Saver Shipping", they should be here this weekend. Woohoo!

I'm definitely dumping the ipod on craigslist asap, but I think I'll keep the Senn HD448s - they really are fantastic with the mids and highs.

Anyway - just wanted to share my happy news with everybody - you guys rock! Thank you for being such great enablers. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 52
Thanks a lot! Yeah, rockbox is a big reason why I got the clip+. Of course, there's a good chance that I'll need help with that - but at least I know where to look now, eh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 52

Quote:
Thanks a lot! Yeah, rockbox is a big reason why I got the clip+. Of course, there's a good chance that I'll need help with that - but at least I know where to look now, eh?
smily_headphones1.gif

The Rockbox installation shouldn't be too traumatizing.   I remember doing it a few years back on one of the old Sansa players I had.  Now, you've given me an idea.  I have a Sansa Fuze that I'm no longer using as the regular player.  Might be time to Rockbox it.

Let us know how yours works out.

Mar 19, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 52
Quote:
The Rockbox installation shouldn't be too traumatizing.   I remember doing it a few years back on one of the old Sansa players I had.  Now, you've given me an idea.  I have a Sansa Fuze that I'm no longer using as the regular player.  Might be time to Rockbox it.

Let us know how yours works out.

Will do. I've just been looking through the (HUGE!) pdf for the installation and use manual. Getting pretty excited! Now I just need to buckle down and learn to EQ the M50 properly...

http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #8 of 52

They're just the most beautiful headphones I've ever seen. They feel incredibly solid! I'm still getting the clip+ set up, and didn't want to infect these gorgeous cans with the ipod - but I tried them out with my very old 1gb RCA mp3 player, and even with that unbelievably bad source - OMG are these incredible!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #12 of 52
I orderd the same thing except, I got HA-RX900`s.

triportsad.gif
<-MFW I order supersaver shipping for the Clip+ and get standard for the headphones. 
Same face when I learn they will arrive atleast a week apart.
Sadder face when i read that Amazon as of late has been holding SSShiping orders seemingly as a big "screw you" for not paying for Amazon Prime.

Rockbox ftw.

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #13 of 52

Quote:
Is this the white-box version ( from the looks of the photo)? Aren't these older than blue-box versions of M50?

No, I think the blue box is older than the white

either way, the sound shouldn't be too different

Mar 19, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #15 of 52
sweeet.  I've been thinking pretty hard about getting one of these.

FWIW, I don't see a huge advantage in Rockboxing a Sansa player.  I had my Fuze Rockboxed for a while, but went back to the regular firmware eventually.  Rockbox seemed to have worse battery life, and I had a problem with it being unable to play some of my oggs properly.  Unless something has changed in a big way in the last few months since I went back, I'd say just use your clip as is.

I don't mean to knock Rockbox.  It's on my iPod 5G and I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back