Just ordered an Audio-gd FUN Earth for my Denon HD2000 headphones
Mar 20, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #16 of 21
i think olorin works for audio gd in disguise lol

ive never heard any hiss using hd 650 however if i put my ie8's on i can hear a tiny hiss

the denon 2000's should be great you have a very nice and cheap setup, if u ever get bored go roll some op amps :D

Mar 20, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #17 of 21
Nah, just spreading the word mate. It seems the Audio-GD gear is rarely mentioned or recommended outside of the dedicated threads and I feel it's a huge disservice to not at least mention how great a value these components are.

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #19 of 21
I'm currently listening to Cluster One - Pink Floyd The Division Bell on my new audio-gd fun...  I haven't put the Earth opamp in yet, but it's still sounding pretty darned good.  I was scared for a while cause when I first plugged in the FUN I couldn't get any sound to come out.  Do I need to have all the settings on the front panel set before I turn it on?  I tried optical and usb and couldn't get anything.  I thought maybe I had to install the opamp first, but when I took the cover off I saw that there is already some sort of chip in there so I didn't mess with it.  I tried a couple more times and then after it was on for a few seconds I heard a little click and then the sound started coming from my phones.  RELIEF

This is the first time I've ever listened to headphones through an amp and it's pretty awesome.  Now I just have to figure out what songs to listen to.

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:
Where did you buy the audio GD FUN and how much?
TIA

Hi hduong,
I bought my FUN directly from audio-gd and got the cheaper "B" version which was $205 not including shipping. http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/FUN/FUNEN.htm
I also got the EARTH opa which was another $20.
I wish I would have upgraded the DA chips since it was only another $15, but I didn't even realize it was an option.  It still sounds great, but I wouldn't have minded paying another $15 for the better chips since it's so cheap.
The ordering process is a little strange since you have to send them money via paypal before placing the order, and it's all done through email.  The email responses I received were very timely and everything went smoothly.  I received my unit about a week after ordering it (very fast).  I ordered on Sunday Mar 13 and it was on my doorstep by lunch time Monday Mar 21.  I had it shipped via DHL.  I'd have no problem ordering another product from audio-gd and if I ever feel the urge to upgrade my fun, I would definitely consider another one of their products.  It was fun installing the OPA too.  I'll have to try some more of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back