Just ordered ALO AlgoRhythm Solo + Rx MK II bundle - !!!
Jan 13, 2011 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

svertel

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Head-Fi and this is my first thread.  Basically, I couldn't contain my excitement over my new purchase and feeling somewhat guilty about the insane amount of cash I just dropped on my new rig.

I spend so much of my life sitting on trains and ferries (my commute is 90 minutes each way) that I can justify this investment in my own sanity.  Without music, I'd go insane and now I can make that music sound significantly better.  And hey - I'm worth it!

My UE Reference Monitors showed up today so I'm going to start burning them in tonight!  Now if you'll excuse me, I have some credit cards to cut up...

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 9
Good for you!

I wonder if Cypherlabs will be able to keep to their estimated shipping date for the first unit in a week, January 20th.  Hope so.....I have one coming too!

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 9

I know - I hope they make enough to cover my order from their first production run.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's heard these with opinions on sound and build quality.

Cheers

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
i also ordered a combo to replace my hm-801. im really looking forward to it

So what are you going to do with you 801?  I've read the 1704 DAC in the 801 suppose to be one of the best Dac chip.  I hope Vinnie picked the best Wolfson Chip in the Solo.  I am so looking forward to the Solo also. 

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #8 of 9
I will be using a 7g classic and an Ipad and my iPhone 4 that's what's great about the solo I can use multiple sources.

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #9 of 9
Will you still have the HM801 when the Solo arrives so you can compare the sound quality of each? I know the right thing to do is part with one of my HM801's and just step out in faith and grab a Solo. When it comes to versatility, the Solo seems to have it all. As for sound quality, time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back