Just lost $200 to my ex
Oct 4, 2007 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

wes.coleman

100+ Head-Fier
I bought my (currently ex-) girlfriend a 3G 8gig iPod nano for her birthday last week. Before she knew I bought it for her, she decided to end our relationship (for reasons completely out of my control. Her "therapist" suggested it would be the best thing for her now...a**hole
tongue.gif
). I ended up giving it to her anyway, because I'm a nice guy. Mistake?

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by wes.coleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mistake?

Yep... mistake. But hey, live and learn.

Depending on how old you are, it could be just a small mistake, or just erring on the side of stupid. If you're younger... mistake... but if you've had a few seasons under your belt, you should know better, and deserve to lose your $$$.

Granted... I'm not a geezer myself, just have taken advice from older guys who've been around the block a few times, and imparting it when and where I can.

Next time... (and there will probably be a next time). I'd suggest two options... 1) Blendtec Blender it or 2)buy a really nice bottle of scotch (or two-3 pretty decent ones (Macallan 18 perhaps? Maybe a nice highland park), get some good cigars, and get the boys together & hang out, knowing your money was better spent on booze and smokes for you and your buds.

Then again... I could be wrong. It happened once...

**BRENT**

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 53
You didn't really "loose" $200. To say you lost is that you don't know where it is at.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would be wary of having relationship with someone seeing a therapist. Maybe $200.00 was a bargain.

lol, nice. She's not crazy, btw, lol. She just has problems coping with stress (she's a 4th year Biochem major with some pretty serious classes. I'm glad I got out after my second year, lol). I'm hoping that our breakup is just temporary, though. She said a relationship would add to her stress level this semester, and it's not feasible.

Still...that $200 could put me within striking distance of a sweet set of K701's lol

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 53
There is no way I would have given it to her. Send the therapist a bill for $200! Don't get mad, get even.

cheers
Simon

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 53
I would have kept and returned it.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 53
IMHO you have 2 hopes now:
1: you get it back (not likely)
2: you find a way to keep giving her the meatstick after giving her this ipod and getting dumped. this is actually ideal if you can avoid the whole relationship issues.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #9 of 53
I'd less question your giving a girl you cared for an iPod (it wasn't necessarily wrong and it certainly wasn't honorable), than the reason for this thread?
blink.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #11 of 53
Quote:

lol, nice. She's not crazy, btw, lol. She just has problems coping with stress (she's a 4th year Biochem major with some pretty serious classes. I'm glad I got out after my second year, lol). I'm hoping that our breakup is just temporary, though. She said a relationship would add to her stress level this semester, and it's not feasible.

Still...that $200 could put me within striking distance of a sweet set of K701's lol

Since we don't have all the details of your relationship, if you really do think the relationship is salvageable and you really do want to be with this girl again, then that might have been the right thing to do.

Personally, if she just broke up with me (your first post indicates this all happened in a week) I probably wouldn't have given it to her. Or at least give myself some time to sit down and think about this and not go online afterwards wondering if I made a mistake. You can still return it to the store in a week.
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #12 of 53
Well yeah, it's a mistake! Geesh, learn from it because, in the future, there will be plenty of opportunities to expend on lovers who, for whatever reason, jilt you. Learn the lesson now and resist henceforth.

Thanks for the thread. I just read "Canada's Wonderland" in another, now "meatstick" appears here.

A connection is focusing in my underdeveloped mind.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #13 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless you broke up on bad terms, which it looks like you didn't, I don't see how giving her a present was a 'mistake'
blink.gif

I agree. It sounds like you're a real nice guy. Don't second guess your good intentions.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #14 of 53
Quote:

Pssh.. I really don't think she should be a biochem major if she needs a therapist to handle the coursework.. yes it is hard - so study. Anyways, I think you should have kept it!

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #15 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless you broke up on bad terms, which it looks like you didn't, I don't see how giving her a present was a 'mistake'
blink.gif

I'm with you! Breaking up with somebody doesn't mean you have to hate them, and I don't think doing nice things for people should have to be contingent on how they feel about you.

I don't think you made a mistake at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back