Just How Good Are JH13's?
Mar 17, 2011 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Spyro

Headphoneus Supremus
Incredibly good!  My ears have gotten very spoiled.

Take the neutrality of a UM3X, give it a whopping 30% more butter smooth treble with zero siblance.  Make the midrange slightly less forward (more neutral). Clean up the bass where it is not so sloppy....making it much tighter with much deeper extension.  Add about 30% more transparency and add a much larger soundstage.  Do all these things and you are approaching what  JH13 does.

My son's friend just bought a pair of Dr Dre Beats that he declared as the best headphone you can buy (ROTFLMAO!) and asked me to try them.  My first impression was that there was virtually no treble frequency.  Only midrange and bass....completely uninvolving and distant.  Listening to these supposed "great" headphones (in the eyes of the average consumer out there) completely convinced me how spoiled my ears have become but also reminded me what masterpieces these JH13's are.  I cannot say enough about the overall clarity, speed and transparency of these IEM's.  Truly remarkable.

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm still envious. They're lovely aren't they? Speed, control, texture and seemingly unlimited bandwidth all rolled up into one. I wonder if doubling up on drivers gives BAs a better sense of fill and texture. I generally am of the belief that one driver is cleaner than two if not over driven but with BAs, perhaps 2 is less clinical. Whatever it is, it sure works.

This multi driver texture thing could be less influential in the bass and I wonder if this is why the seemingly odd arrangement of the ES5 may actually have a good reason.

Funny how easily ones level of expectations can rise when something rings this true.

Mar 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 3
I'm envious as well. I'm a bit hesitant to drop that much on one purchase so it may be a while and I need to get a higher paying job as well but I do want to own something like the JH13 one day.

I'm glad the JH13 are doing it for you. I'd imagine once you get to that kind of quality it's hard to go down so yes your ears are spoiled as are most of the members here at head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back