Just got some Beyerdynamic T1s, question.
Feb 7, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #31 of 47
  I noticed that you have a love for Final Fantasy sound tracks like me. I can give you a very good opinion on those. I have most of them in FLAC format and can tell you that they sound like sex in your ears basically. They destroy the LCD-2s in this department. The T1s give really good instrument seperation(I guess you call that soundstage?) and the instruments don't drown the voices at all. Sorry I can't explain it better. I'd imagine it would be a lot better with the AMP/DAC combo you recommended. For that other question though, my favorite anime has to be Accel World, Death Note, Code Geass, Fairy Tail, and Full Metal Alchemist to name a few.

Sweet. I have lots of ultra-rare Final Fantasy stuff.

You can see the anime I rate highly on that link I gave you.

Here are some recommended electronic test tracks.

Akira Yamaoka: Please Love Me... Once More
ATB: Apollo Road
Becky G: Built For This
Boards Of Canada: Julie And Candy
DJ Fresh: Louder [Drumsound & Bassline Smith remix]
EGOIST: Namae No Nai Kaibutsu
Eiko Shimamiya: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Eminem: Underground
Gorillaz: DARE
Ice Ages: Enemy Inside
Kenichiro Fukui: SHUDDER
Lady Gaga: Alejandro
Mami Kawada: PSI-missing
Mega Ran: Mako Reactor
Naoshi Mizuta: Paradigm Shift
Nine Inch Nails: Eraser
OceanLab: Clear Blue Water [Ferry Corsten remix]
Samael: Sound Of Galaxies
Solar Stone: Seven Cities [Michael Woods mix]
Steve Roach: Lightness Of Being

And I might as well share my free music thread while I'm at it. (The Mega Ran albums with Final Fantasy music are a must-hear!)

Feb 7, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #32 of 47
Listened to some of the Mega Ran stuff. Definitely interesting. I haven't heard of rap music with RPG elements lol. The FLAC of "Cloud Strife" sounds amazing.

Feb 7, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #35 of 47
  Watttt it didn't sound that bad!

I meant that many of the other tracks are even better!
wink_face.gif

Make sure you hear all three Mega Ran FF7 albums at least once in your life.
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #36 of 47
  Is there anything you can recommend at or under $250? I can go used if need be.

Sure, this is my pick for budget amp...and this one in particular is on Inner Fidelity's Wall of Fame. 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/meier-audio-corda-rock-budget-headphone-amplifier

Feb 8, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #37 of 47

Sure, this is my pick for budget amp...and this one in particular is on Inner Fidelity's Wall of Fame. 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/meier-audio-corda-rock-budget-headphone-amplifier

I was looking at that one yesterday. Almost pulled the plug too.. but I'm pretty dead set on a Schiit Magni 2 Uber and the Modi 2 DAC that Music Alchemist recommended. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #39 of 47
Any thoughts on the T1 with electronic music? Since I'm getting the Focal Spirit Professional (reallllly nice for the price) in a few days, I'm thinking I will just try and be happy with what I have while saving up for a STAX SR-009 system. However, I may get more headphones after that point, and the T1 has some of my attention.

Awesome. I have the T1 and electronic music is one of it's strong points. Be warned though, the energetic treble might be too much for your ears if you are not used to it. The bass might lack a bit of punch if not amped correctly, but with a good amp there is an incredibly deep and detailed bass to be heard.

Also, if you're into anime (I'd be surprised if you weren't, considering your avatar), check out my MAL profile!

I also happen to be into anime. Here is my MAL profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/ouzihs

Our new friendship based on anime, Final Fantasy, Vocaloid, and cookies has you dazzled.
tongue.gif

May I join? I like Vocaloid and cookies as well 
biggrin.gif

By the way, which are your favourite Vocaloids/UTAU's?

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #40 of 47
  Awesome. I have the T1 and electronic music is one of it's strong points. Be warned though, the energetic treble might be too much for your ears if you are not used to it. The bass might lack a bit of punch if not amped correctly, but with a good amp there is an incredibly deep and detailed bass to be heard.

I also happen to be into anime. Here is my MAL profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/ouzihs

May I join? I like Vocaloid and cookies as well 
biggrin.gif

By the way, which are your favourite Vocaloids/UTAU's?

Since I could get a used T1 for a surprisingly low price, I'm debating whether to get it sooner or just save up for the SR-009 later.

OMG. You've seen more anime than ME. O_O (I was surprised you liked Soul Eater NOT! more than Soul Eater.)

I actually know very little about Vocaloid stuff.

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #41 of 47

Since I could get a used T1 for a surprisingly low price, I'm debating whether to get it sooner or just save up for the SR-009 later.

OMG. You've seen more anime than ME. O_O (I was surprised you liked Soul Eater NOT! more than Soul Eater.)

I actually know very little about Vocaloid stuff.

That's a hard one... I got mine second hand for €575 and to me it was great value for money. I've never heard a STAX before so I can't give you any more advice.

I know I've seen quite a bit :p Still, I know people who have watched twice as much O_o (the Soul Eater ratings must have been a mistake, I'll be inverting those ratings in a minute).

Are you interested? I could give you a selection (based on your preferences) of the 1000+ songs I have.

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #43 of 47
I used to pair it with the Schiit Asgard, very good, enough power, good bass, and warm body […]

I respectfully disagree. In my opinion and according to my own experience the best match for the Beyerdynamic T1 headphones from this range of Schiit amps are the Valhalla models. They even sound better than the more expensive Lyrs.

Werner.

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #44 of 47
I have the T1's and the HD650's, two very different headphones. I also have a Crack, a WA2 and a Schiit A2 and what I can add is that the T1 sounds very bright with the SCHIIT but man does it sound good with the Crack and absolutely stunning with the WA2.
If you are thinking an amp for the T1 then I would go tube, they really lend themselves well with a decent tube amp. And you don't need an expensive one, I also have an older LDII++ and with a pair of Mullard cv4015 tubes up front the T1's were pretty damn good there as well. And that amp plus the extra tubes would be well below your $250 budget.
This is just my opinion but like I said, with my A2, the T1's weren't very enjoyable so not sure how they will pair with the A2's smaller brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back