Just got my SR850's...Incredible!
Mar 4, 2011 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Psilocybe

New Head-Fier
Just received my new Samson SR850's. The difference from my crappy old HP's is unbelievable. I'm practically weeping as I listen to Edward Elgar's Lux Aeterna. The soundstage on these is incredible. Strangely enough, even though I'm not a big believer in burn-in, I'm happy to report that the bass on these has (seems to have) improved a ton since I unboxed them a couple of hours ago.

Grrr, now this makes me want to try some high-end headphones! Alas, no money...

I'll post my full thoughts on these once I've done some more (critical) listening!

Cheers and thanks Head-Fi!

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 5
Glad you love it. Now, run as far as you can from this site before your wallet weeps.....
ph34r.gif

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Haha, we'll see, I haven't had enough experience with new headphones to say. But I would say that it most likely experienced a bit of "loosening" in the first few hours.

I've been listening for a bit now, and they're pretty dang nice. The highs are mebbeh a little recessed, and they might come across as a little muffled on really thick classical, but the bass is there, and they sounds pretty dang accurate. Man, do they sound good with vocal jazz--Really really smooth midrange, and quite detailed. In fact, vocals in general sound super-lifelike. Unfortunately, they definitely show all the flaws in my bad recordings. I'll give a full review in a day or two...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back