just got my Phiatons MS400's but gotta question
Mar 7, 2011 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

jyphotog

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, thank you for the suggestions!  I just got my ms400s and I am loving them.  

My question is the L side fits nice and snug.  The R side seems to flip up as if a DJ needs to use this to listen.  So, the R side does not fit so snug.  Is there anyway to tighten this?  

Also, can someone quickly explain how to burn in?  Thanks all!

Mar 7, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 16
any chance you can snap a picture of it laying flat on something like a table from an overhead view?  Just want to make sure the headband is normal.  The entire cup raises up on the hinge point?   

If you must burn in, or if that makes you feel better, I would just use normal music at a volume a little lower than what you are used to listening to, a good volume not too lo or high, never more than 8 hours straight.  

Mar 8, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #4 of 16
That entire portion swivels, doesn it? The cups rotation left to right to lay flat, but that joint also can fold up like this.  If you cant, then there is something defective about it and I would get in contact with phiaton as soon as possible.  DId you buy it direct from phiaton, or used? 

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #5 of 16
yes everything seems to swivel just fine.  I bought them off of amazon, but through amazon. 

Ok I see your point, however, the L side does not collapse or bend out like the R side does.  See in the photos, the R side, that is as far as they go.  

The issue for me is, since the L side does not bend out as far it fits snug, while the R side, does not fit as snug because it is a bit loose and can go out further.  I will take a pic with them on my head. 

Ok, see how the side bends out.  I am sure this is normal, but the other side does not do that. Should it?

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 16
Haha, no thats not even remotely normal.  But, I'm curious if some gunk got into that swiveling part and is stopping it from moving.  Any chance you can gently push it down and report back?  

If that doesnt work, return them immediately! lol

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #12 of 16
The right side is defective, the set does not extend backwards like that.  Its not supposed to do that.  Its definitely something on the inside of that little part i highlighted that is not working right.  When you move around, does it flip up on its own, or do you have to bend it up and backwards to achieve that angle?

Man that sucks, but at least you can get it flat and set right.  It would be up to you if you want to return it ( if you can ) or else sell it.  People would buy it from you very quickly right here on head fi heh :)

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #14 of 16
Wait, what?! The ugly red MS400 is now available in sexy black?!

Damn, my Klipsch Image One arrive today! Should have waited for the Phiaton MS400 to also be available in black in Germany...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back