Just got my first amp! Corda 3MOVE New Pics Added
Dec 11, 2008 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

guitarman19853

100+ Head-Fier
Just received my Corda 3MOVE last night! So far I'm nothing short of blown away by the improvement with my iPod. I bought this with the Quables LOD offered on the Meier audio site. It is easily a 100% improvement.

I don't think I can give a true review as I don't have anything to compare it to.

So far it has definitely shown improvement with my ATH-AD700's, Grado SR60's and even the KSC-75.

Right now at work I'm using the DAC with my laptop and Foobar. It isn't as big of a difference than my laptop soundcard but it is better. The noise is gone at least.

Still, very happy! I'll take pictures later.

The Quables LOD, the heatshrink on the dock side has slid down the wire and is now not going into the dock anymore. I pushed it up but I didn't want to damage anything. Is this normal? Should I remove the cover of the dock and use a tiny bit of adhesive to seal that in place?

New Pics on the last page

Dec 11, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 31
Congrats Guitarman - my first headphone amp (a Little Dot MK III) just came in 2 nights ago - and here's another headfier just toally blown away...and the tubes haven't even been burned in yet!! Since discovering head-fi, my sonic addiction has escalated tremendously (just wish my wallet would do the same). ENJOY!

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Discover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey!

How does it sound with the M50?
This phone should sound rather cool while the Corda is said to be "warm".
How do they mix?

I will let you know, I just updated my signature today but those headphones were actually ordered a few days ago. So I don't have them yet
tongue.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #7 of 31
Congratulations, Jan Meier manufactures wonderful amps!

Dec 11, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #9 of 31
I want one daddy, I want one!

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats from another 3MOVE owner
biggrin.gif

Are you using anything specific as a power adapter? Or will any 9V radioshack one with the right adapter work?

I will be using this alot at work so not replacing the battery twice a week would be nice.

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman19853 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you using anything specific as a power adapter? Or will any 9V radioshack one with the right adapter work?

I will be using this alot at work so not replacing the battery twice a week would be nice.

For power adapter, I just use a generic one in the house, but I usually use rechargeable since I got a lot of them (and USB power since I use the DAC a lot too). However, I do find regular 9v battery gives slightly better sound than rechargeable. If you don't mind a bit reduction in SQ, try switching to low current mode (you need to open the case up as the switch behind the face plate). It will give about 100hrs of battery life instead of 24hrs in high current mode (which is default setting).

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For power adapter, I just use a generic one in the house, but I usually use rechargeable since I got a lot of them (and USB power since I use the DAC a lot too). However, I do find regular 9v battery gives slightly better sound than rechargeable. If you don't mind a bit reduction in SQ, try switching to low current mode (you need to open the case up as the switch behind the face plate). It will give about 100hrs of battery life instead of 24hrs in high current mode (which is default setting).

Do you use the high quality rechargables? Ones that are tested to put out at least 9V? Some rechargable 9V's only put out something like 7.2V.

I'm thinking of making the investment into some good rechargable 9V's as I need them for this and my wireless IEM receiver for the band.

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #13 of 31
My setup today... I really like the M50 with this amp. Lots of bass from the iPod, which I previously thought wasn't possible.

Cell Phone pic since I'm at work
1212081009.jpg

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #14 of 31
Nice rubberband!
biggrin.gif
With the thickness of that Dap/amp combo, you should get one of those Livestrong rubber wrist bands or similar. Not only is it much sturdier then that rubberband but it will look about 1 million times better. You could also get a velcro strap or the velcro with sticky tape to put inbetween.

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #15 of 31
I have several brand of rechargeable but most of them are Energizer 175mAh. In full charge, they usually output slightly over 9.6v. Even if I am not using them for weeks, they usually still able to output somewhere b/w 8.6v to 9.2v. I was thinking about those >200mAh rechargeable but they are a lot more expensive to get from where I live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back