Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Dec 23, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #376 of 630
Pechert

For earbuds, I've got a pair of Sony MDR-EX71SL earbuds and am quite happy with them. But if you've got the money you should have a look at these vendors:
  1. Shure
  1. Etymotic
  1. Bang & Olufsen
  1. Ultimate Ear

One thing to check out is this pair of Bluetooth headphones. Not quite my cup of tea...

http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm

Evidently Creative plans to overwhelm consumers with accessories. With the FM transmitter, you should be able to find one from a third party vendor like Belkin.

Cheers....Chris

Dec 24, 2004 at 12:40 AM Post #379 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by bartholomew
u dont have to splash out, just pay 12 bucks for some sonys like i did :p

Well tbh, from what ive heard and how they look the microphones don't look like a big issue for me. they look cool.
eggosmile.gif

Dec 24, 2004 at 12:59 AM Post #380 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostprophet
I hope the earphones that come with it are OK, as i don't want to splash out on a pair.

The ones that come with it are decent, there's just better ones you can get.

Dec 24, 2004 at 1:02 AM Post #381 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaenom
The ones that come with it are decent, there's just better ones you can get.

cool, i'll prob stick with them then as on my MD player the earphones wernt too good but i stuck with them as they were fine enough for me.

So im going to get it, put it on charge and then install the firmware... then add loads of songs.

Is that a good way to do it?
etysmile.gif

Dec 24, 2004 at 2:32 PM Post #383 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostprophet
cool, i'll prob stick with them then as on my MD player the earphones wernt too good but i stuck with them as they were fine enough for me.

So im going to get it, put it on charge and then install the firmware... then add loads of songs.

Is that a good way to do it?
etysmile.gif

Pretty much the way I did, except the firmware came out a couple of weeks after I got mine. When you are charging the ZM you can still download you songs to it at the same time...I'm sure it would save a few minutes depending on how organised your collection is...
eggosmile.gif

Cheers...Chris

Dec 24, 2004 at 2:41 PM Post #384 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by straight-up
confused.gif
[size=large]I would love to use my Zen Micro, when it comes, while running. So far I've only heard of people 'briskly' or 'power walking'. Has anyone actually run with it? And would doing so actually void some sort of warranty?[/size]

Don't know about the voiding of the warranty, but jogging is going to shake it quite a bit and that increases the risk of the drive head touching the platter.

To quote Rainman: "That's bad...very bad"
eek.gif

Here's a couple links on the hard drive to check out, then you can make your own decision:

Seagate released the one inch ST1 hard drive in September. Here's one of their press releases. It does have some info on the technology used, from a marketing perspective.

http://www.seagate-asia.com/sgt/asea...articleId=2132

Here's a review on the drive from Xbit Labs. Unfortunately, they mainly look at performance and not at physical stress testing. It's still worth a look though.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/sto...e-st1-5gb.html

I did send them a request to do a physical stress test review, but haven't heard back from them. I'll cut them some slack since it's the holidays, evidently...
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope this helps in your decision making.

Cheers...Chris

Dec 25, 2004 at 2:58 AM Post #386 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by strklyeuro1188
my silver zen micro is sittin under my xmas tree waiting for me to open in about 10 hours
eggosmile.gif
this is gonna b my first mp3 player i know i wont b disapointed
orphsmile.gif

I can't stand waiting for gifts that I know are under the tree.
lambda.gif

Dec 25, 2004 at 4:16 PM Post #390 of 630
hello wot is the site for the zen micro upgrade called??? and i havin trouble wit my micro coz i connect the usb cable and everything and i get on the zen micro music fingy and it detects the zen micro but it says the micro is not connected? any help???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back