Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Dec 13, 2004 at 6:21 AM Post #226 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychimp132
I find this vague and confusing: "Improves battery life when the player is charged with an AC adapter already plugged into a live power outlet"... As opposed to not already plugged into one?

What does "already plugged into a live power outlet" mean?

It means to connect the player to the AC adaptor (or charger) before plugging it into the wall outlet...basically.....

Dec 13, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #227 of 630
Where exactly is the stop button?
confused.gif

Dec 13, 2004 at 2:13 PM Post #228 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahz
confused.gif

I don't know, I just make sure and press the pause button before I shut down, or chances are, my battery will be dead when I turn it back on.

Dec 13, 2004 at 4:07 PM Post #229 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychimp132
I find this vague and confusing: "Improves battery life when the player is charged with an AC adapter already plugged into a live power outlet"... As opposed to not already plugged into one?

What does "already plugged into a live power outlet" mean?

This means that your charger is already plugged into the outlet and you simply attach your Zen Micro to it. This was the problem that was affecting the batteries. Apparently, you’re supposed to unplug the charger each time you’ve finished charging and connect the Zen to the charger and then plug it into outlet when you need to charge it again.

I suspect most people couldn’t be bothered to remove the charger each time and simply leave their charger plugged into the same outlet all the time and attach their Zens when they need to be charged. I guess the firmware fixes this problem.

icon10.gif

Dec 13, 2004 at 4:12 PM Post #230 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahz
confused.gif

Most Mp3 players don’t have a stop button since they load the mp3s into its built-in onboard memory before playing. So therefore, you are really playing a digital file from memory. In this case, pausing a track is the same as stopping it.

If you need to completely stop a track, hit ‘pause’ then press the ‘forward’ or ‘reverse’ buttons. Hitting ‘reverse’ will stop at the beginning of the current track and hitting ‘forward’ will stop at the beginning of the next track.

tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #231 of 630
Is text reading possible?

And will there be any (text-alike) games to Zen Micro?

I guess not, but worth asking...

I'll pick mine from the store today!
280smile.gif

Dec 13, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #232 of 630
I bet you can use the organizer feature as a minimal text reader. I don't know, though. Mine still hasn't been delivered...

Dec 14, 2004 at 12:56 AM Post #233 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
Here are negatives so far after using it for awhile:
- I've had to reset it (take out the battery) about a dozen times.
- At first it wouldn't work on my desktop and would freeze, but after a couple resets it did.
- It froze upon being turned on.
- Creative MediaSource crashed once in the middle of a file transfer.
Hopefully doing a format/clean up fixes the problem.

I would love to know whether you have installed the firmware patch from creative.com. That could solve your freezing, i suppose....

Dec 14, 2004 at 1:02 AM Post #235 of 630
The only problems i have had since i bought the unit a few weeks ago:

1. Froze up on me and i had to remove the battery once
2. Today it overheated and shut down on me, i had it in my leather jacket pocket with my hand rested over it, very surprised to see it react such a way. I hope the Summer heat won't take its toll on the unit! However, it did reboot immediately after shutting itself down.

Thats about it for me, one battery gives me 12+ hrs of life (lasting 2 hrs with no life bars up on the lcd), the other battery is on its third charge now and i'll see how long it lasts, i updated the firmware last night. This one did discharge overnight on Sunday which irritated me a little. Definitely a good thing that Creative included two batteries so i can swap as needed.
On the positive side, it seems to drive my cans pretty good, my 7506's sound fine with them as do my Grado sr60's and sr80's. However, i do clearly hear a difference between the micro and the njb3, the njb3 definitely has more punch and the custom eq changes are far more noticeable.

Dec 14, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #236 of 630
How do you guys think the volume is on this unit...i will not be using an uber-headphones. just want it it drive ear buds pretty damn loud

Dec 14, 2004 at 3:26 AM Post #237 of 630
it should be loud...with a good pair of headphones.

Ok I'm a little confused on what to do with my zen micro.....about connecting it with things

Make sure the player is off, then I connect the Zen micro to the charger then to the wall
I connect the Zen Micro to the USB then to the comp

what else can I do to prevent it from freezing?
what about disconnecting?

thanks

Dec 14, 2004 at 1:03 PM Post #238 of 630
Went to pick mine last night!

I charged it and it was frozen only one time after that. It's not one day old so I expect it to froze a few times. That's not as bad as many people say... Even though a brand new portable audio unit that costs over 200 Euros should *NOT* froze, I think...

Other than that, I was AMAZED with the audio power... I plugged in my Technics RP-F290 (I know it's no big deal, but I like them), turned the volume up and I must say it has better sound (and louder) that some stereos units... I even put the phones in my desk and hang around in the room listening to some good music
icon10.gif

This is my first MP3 player, eve though I had some Sony MD units...
I was very impressed with the transfer speed! In less than 1 minute I had three full albums in my Zen! I used WMP10 and Zen Micro Media Explorer. Both transfer at great timing.
After some minor changes I went to bed and setup the sleeping time...

I'm LOVING this unit, very solid and nice accessories. GREAT sound and design! Buy one now!
280smile.gif

Here is a pic and video, I'll post more when I have the time.

DSC06720_copy.jpg

Charging - video

Peace out!

Dec 14, 2004 at 1:06 PM Post #239 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
what about disconnecting?

thanks

From a pc? Simple, just make sure whatever program you're using to transfer songs over is closed out. You should see the docking icon disappear from the lcd on the unit, that's how you know it's safe to undock it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back