Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Dec 8, 2004 at 5:29 PM Post #196 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cena
hey guys im gettin amicro for xmas as some of u know and i would like 2 know wot site i shud order from? amazon wont be able 2 deliver 2 me until after xmas so its down 2 dabs.com or lowestonweb.com so im wondering if any of you have had any past with them and are they good or bad. what one shud i use!

Where are you???

Dec 9, 2004 at 1:32 PM Post #199 of 630
Well I'm very happy, on Monday I went onto the Creative site and they had just posted instock on the black ZM. Sould get it sometime next week. This is truely good news as I live in Canada and its isnt availible here yet.

Its an x-mas present for me from my wife hehehehe

Dec 9, 2004 at 2:47 PM Post #200 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
Zen Micro firmware update http://www.nomadworld.com/downloads/...sp?nProdID=556

Fixes battery drain problem. Creative also posted an explanation about the problem. Also improves button sensitivity. They're pretty fast with updates, and at least honest too.

It takes a few minutes to upgrade, so be patient.

Like a punch-drunk fighter, reeling, stumbling, the ZM straightens itself out in the eyes of many owners via a simple firmware update!

Dec 9, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #203 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaenom
Could you give a little more information on your impressions between the black and silver, I was hanging out for the black, but it was on back order, so I read a few reviews on the black and the finish didn't seem to be as good as the marketing photos. After reading your posts, I opted for the Silver. I should get it on Monday (with the remote!) so I will post my thoughts on the player.

Well, the silver just "looks" right. You can see the FF, RW, etc symbols clearly when there isn't light coming through it (i.e. You turn off the backlight). With the black one it is hard to see the symbols.

Also, the black one just doesn't "look" right sitting in the white case. There is a clear "gloss" over the white case as well that doesn't show up in pictures and that just enhances the silver player's looks and detracts from the black's looks. The black would be fantastic if it wasn't in the white/gloss case. It is a flat black color and not a glossy black so it is just a mismatch.

That said, I didn't play with the black one all that much, but I just didn't like it nearly as much in person as I did the pictures on the web. These are also just my impressions.

Dec 9, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #204 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yug
I was planning to go running with it if i get one. Anyone else done vigorous exercise with it?

I know they have antiskip but being a harddrive I wondered if exercise would have any adverse effects on it?

Well, I dropped mine today on the floor. Ouch. Was about a 2 foot fall. It wouldn't play/respond after that. I had to remove the battery and then put it back in. When it came back on though it said "Re-Building Library" and it took about 2 minutes to rebuild. Seems to be working perfectly after that. So, I don't think shock and vibe are all that good for it. Microdrives (which is what is in this) are not known for being bombproof. The older 340Mb ones were pretty fragile.

So, I would get a memory stick MP3 player for working out. Should be able to get a 512Mb one for around $100 I would guess. That would be around 50 - 75 songs. Plenty for a good workout. Change out the songs every now and then. Bonus is that the memory stick players are so tiny now it makes the ZM look like a brick.

Dec 10, 2004 at 1:29 PM Post #205 of 630
Has anyone used these 2 items on the ZM yet. Just wanted to know cause I use my pda alot and think it would be cool to transfer the contacts over.

Cant wait for the Black ZM to get to my door then for my wife to leave it under the tree. HeHe
orphsmile.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #206 of 630
How's the auto sync on the ZM? I just downloaded the quick start manual from creative and it says you have to use drag and drop inside mediasource. Does mediasource include an autosync feature and how easy is it to use?
confused.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #207 of 630
ordered my beauty! ive ordered a silver micro and it will be here next week! cant w8 fanks every1 here who told me the knowledge i needed. cheers!

p.s i ordered it from amazon

Dec 11, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #208 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGilbertTX
Well, I dropped mine today on the floor. Ouch. Was about a 2 foot fall. It wouldn't play/respond after that. I had to remove the battery and then put it back in. When it came back on though it said "Re-Building Library" and it took about 2 minutes to rebuild. Seems to be working perfectly after that. So, I don't think shock and vibe are all that good for it. Microdrives (which is what is in this) are not known for being bombproof. The older 340Mb ones were pretty fragile.

So, I would get a memory stick MP3 player for working out. Should be able to get a 512Mb one for around $100 I would guess. That would be around 50 - 75 songs. Plenty for a good workout. Change out the songs every now and then. Bonus is that the memory stick players are so tiny now it makes the ZM look like a brick.

I was so close to getting one last weekend, but then realised the antishock was pretty important for me as I'll mostly be using whilst working out so I think I'll get one of the new 512Mb MuVo micros [link]

I'd like to see a review before I buy tho - in particular I'd like to know if it has a resume function, so if anyone has one...
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #209 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yug
I was so close to getting one last weekend, but then realised the antishock was pretty important for me as I'll mostly be using whilst working out so I think I'll get one of the new 512Mb MuVo micros [link]

I'd like to see a review before I buy tho - in particular I'd like to know if it has a resume function, so if anyone has one...
wink.gif

Look at this thread:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94202

It does have resume (i.e., when you turn it on it starts up where it was previously playing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back