Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Dec 11, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #212 of 630
Does anyone know if voice recordings can be scheduled to play, as reminders? I know it has a to-do list, but it must be very difficult to type on the player...

Dec 11, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #213 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGilbertTX
Well, I dropped mine today on the floor. Ouch. Was about a 2 foot fall. It wouldn't play/respond after that. I had to remove the battery and then put it back in. When it came back on though it said "Re-Building Library" and it took about 2 minutes to rebuild. Seems to be working perfectly after that. So, I don't think shock and vibe are all that good for it. Microdrives (which is what is in this) are not known for being bombproof. The older 340Mb ones were pretty fragile.

Wow does that sound familiar... My NJB3 has/had to rebuild all the time after I did something unfortunate to it
biggrin.gif
. Obviously the drives aren't directly comparable, but since that's the same way the Juke acts on dropping, it may ease your mind somewhat to know that I've been dropping it for about 3 years now and the drive at least still works perfectly fine. (I no longer have a headphone jack, but that's another story entirely
eggosmile.gif
)

Dec 11, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #214 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychimp132
Does anyone know if voice recordings can be scheduled to play, as reminders? I know it has a to-do list, but it must be very difficult to type on the player...

I think voice recordings are like mp3 files, so I think you can play them as an alarm clock kind of mechanism, but I'm not sure how many "alarms" you can have...

Dec 12, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #216 of 630
Hey!!

Excellent thread to complement all the online reviews of this (also, excellent) product!

This one goes out to the European owners:
Does anyone knows if this player if affected by that French law that doesn't allow portable audio to have more than 3mW per channel?
Because all Sony units that are sold throughout Europe DO NOT have more than 3mW+3mW. Sony doesn't make special units to sell in France so the units are all the same to all Europe. Curiosity: there are some units that have ONLY 1mw per channel!!!!!!

I know that Creative Zen Micro has around 7 (maximum), I just wanted to know if in Europe that is true...

Thanks!!
280smile.gif

P.S.: keep posting pictures! better quality if possible, too!
wink.gif

Dec 12, 2004 at 2:01 PM Post #217 of 630
Hi all i have been reading this thread anticipating opening my Zen micro that my g/friend has got me 4 xmas
smily_headphones1.gif

you dont know how frustrating it is seeing the box(silver player ltd edition with spare battery)

ive treated myself to some Sennheiser px 100 headphones(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=507846) to compliment my new toy
smily_headphones1.gif
and i have to say the sound through these cans is superb(through my hi-fi) bass is phenominal for some porta headphones that only cost 30 quid.(they get headphone of the year in what hi-fi magazine).

i read that bundled headphones with mp3 playes aint up to much hence the purchase.There so well made they have a 2 year Guarentee on em.

I have ripped all my cds to my pc ready for xmas day using media player 10
smily_headphones1.gif

a couple of questions for you lucky sods that have yours already

Is the creative software as goood as media player 10 ?

Ive downloaded the firmware upgrade for the zen should i install it before i have fully charged the batterys or after?

thanks again for a great fred
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2004 at 2:22 PM Post #218 of 630
Not to sound dumb or anything, but...is there some kind of line-out adaptor, similar to one of those SiK Din thingys that everyones talks about for the iPod, that would function with the Zen Micro, which has no line-out/optical out, just a headphone jack? I like usin' the optical out on my iRiver iHP-120...

Dec 12, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #219 of 630
I have a small question about the blacklight on the buttons and around the edges. Most pictures I've seen show it in darker light, but does it really show up well in good light?

Dec 12, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #220 of 630
Hi well my zen micro is on the way...and from reading all these post I'm a little confused on the battery issure. What do i need to do in order to prevent getting 6 or 5 hours out of my zen micro?

When I first get the zen micro I should COMPLETELY 100% drain the battery
then charge it for 12 hours on my first charge.
Is what I said true?

Also does the firmware that creative provided fix this problem?
THANKS

Dec 12, 2004 at 8:42 PM Post #221 of 630
What I usually do for any device with rechargable batteries is charge it for 6 hours when I get it, use it until the battery dies, repeat two more times, and then recharge often afterwards.

Dec 13, 2004 at 12:31 AM Post #222 of 630
Hi, the battery issue should be resolved with this firmware upgrade:
http://www.nomadworld.com/downloads/...sp?nProdID=556

Also, the micro stays in the belt clip becuase of a rubber lining on the inner edge. The lip on the bottom also holds it in.

I have a few pictures of my silver micro, and i might post it.

I really like this player- partially becuase its smaller than the mini, and that its width doesn't matter. the blue lights are also a nice touch, and the touch pad is very easy to use. think of the 3g ipod but smaller and cooler looking.

I would recommend it to everyone.

Dec 13, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #223 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by keoshi
Hey!!

Excellent thread to complement all the online reviews of this (also, excellent) product!

This one goes out to the European owners:
Does anyone knows if this player if affected by that French law that doesn't allow portable audio to have more than 3mW per channel?
Because all Sony units that are sold throughout Europe DO NOT have more than 3mW+3mW. Sony doesn't make special units to sell in France so the units are all the same to all Europe. Curiosity: there are some units that have ONLY 1mw per channel!!!!!!

I know that Creative Zen Micro has around 7 (maximum), I just wanted to know if in Europe that is true...

Thanks!!
280smile.gif

P.S.: keep posting pictures! better quality if possible, too!
wink.gif

Please, anyone reply to me... It's really important
frown.gif

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2004 at 5:12 AM Post #225 of 630
I find this vague and confusing: "Improves battery life when the player is charged with an AC adapter already plugged into a live power outlet"... As opposed to not already plugged into one?

What does "already plugged into a live power outlet" mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back